• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to reveal its next generation of Windows on June 24th

AJUMP23

are they trying to be like apple here trying to appeal to emotions? its emotional, beautiful, colorful, feels like home? super elegant, seamless...

lololol :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If you can take a model and use it to your advantage to make your company as successful as apple then you do it. Because you want to sell a product, and you use emotional triggers to build attachment to customers so that they buy everything you sell.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
so integrating teams into windows and getting rid of skype.

i can see it now, send bobs and vagine to teams pls

Last edited:
Damn, with Teams integration there will be double anxiety. At home and at work :messenger_tears_of_joy: I literally checked my work teams when heard the call :messenger_grinning_sweat:

For tech savy people,

-Has the kernel been redone?
-How much of an OS footprint on main RAM does Windows 11 use?
-Has windows 11 been optimized for newer gen CPU/GPU's? Cause the touch, snapping and graphics stuff takes up CPU/GPU processing

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
For tech savy people,

-Has the kernel been redone?
-How much of an OS footprint on main RAM does Windows 11 use?
-Has windows 11 been optimized for newer gen CPU/GPU's? Cause the touch, snapping and graphics stuff takes up CPU/GPU processing
They just said it's faster and more optimized, with no real details, so I guess we'll have to wait for benchmarks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Android apps in windows is cool. Wonder why they're using the Amazon appstore though lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did they say the release date?

This holiday or I misheard it?
Nothing said yet, other than "starting today you can buy Windows 11 Ready PCs"

reksveks

For the windows updates comment, it looks like they will still do it when they want :(
I never have an issue with windows updates just happening, I do have issues with it looking like it failed.

Most important thing is probably the Windows store updates, it does position themselves well against apple and Google in the anti-trust investigations to come

Last edited:
they didnt even go over file explorer, settings, notifications, iphone/android connection other redesign elements.

its like they were drowning in their emotions on their personal lives and had amnesia on the actual windows 11 functionality and presentation.

im going to change my D- to an F+. Microsofts marketing and presentations are garbage. They need to hire a marketing firm

AqxjCHA.png

Valonquar

Can already do snap groups with Windows Key + Arrows. Up for full screen, left or right to slot it half screen. It will then want to know what to put left or right next to it. THen select a window again and Windows Key + Up to make it quarter-screen sized.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so hot things to me:

- Auto HDR, wonderful! It works very well, and love that its built in.

- Android Apps, useless to me overall but a great idea.

- MS store supporting everything. Its how it should have always been. Will be nice to have things all in one store front.

- A doubling down that Windows is the open/free to use/make your own store front OS. Its the perfect way to separate it and gives us all the best of both worlds. Want a close market? Go OSX. Want an open one? Go Windows. Hate your life and find yourself always know as "that annoying guy" to everyone around you? Linux is for you.

reksveks

Can already do snap groups with Windows Key + Arrows. Up for full screen, left or right to slot it half screen. It will then want to know what to put left or right next to it. THen select a window again and Windows Key + Up to make it quarter-screen sized.
Massively underused, there is a serious issue with people not using/knowing the windows shortcuts really

reksveks

Are you kidding? Forcing win32 users on the Store will break the way win32 apps are distributed around the internet.

What next? You can only play games from Store?

They aren't forcing anything though. Steam will be accessible in the Windows Store (if they want) and Valve will be able to sell games and Microsoft won't take a cut.

Last edited:
Is this true?

Will be a huge backfire.

I am not sure, thats what Panos said on his presentation. I am not sure if they are 'forcing' win32 to go to the store, but rather from the way panos put it in an indirect way, he is 'encouraging' it.

reksveks

Well, was said to me when Windows 10 was announced that updates aren't forced.

Lets see what go next.
Are you referring to the security updates?

I am sorry but your fear about all apps having be bought from the Microsoft Store feels very irrational based on the current anti-trust environment of the EU/US and the public comments of the CEO.

reksveks

I am not sure, thats what Panos said on his presentation. I am not sure if they are 'forcing' win32 to go to the store, but rather from the way panos put it in an indirect way, he is 'encouraging' it.
The Microsoft Store will be open to win32 apps, they have uwb apps and a couple of pwa apps currently. In the backend, I think apps can be hosted on developers sites instead of some central Microsoft server.

Are you kidding? Forcing win32 users on the Store will break the way win32 apps are distributed around the internet.

What next? You can only play games from Store?
They aren't forcing win32 on the store, from what I understand it can be on the store but not only on the store.

jshackles

Hate your life and find yourself always know as "that annoying guy" to everyone around you? Linux is for you.
I felt this sentence in the core of my existence

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Release date: When we get enough people to betatest for us for free
I like this comment. I wonder how big of a mess it's gonna be on release day considering how much they scaled on proper in-house testing in Windows 10.

Top Bottom