• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox Series S Sees Another Price Hike in India

GHG

Gold Member

Microsoft has reportedly raised the prices of its next-generation console in the Xbox Series S.

According to Indian games market analyst Rishi Alwani, the small Xbox console will be sold for Rs. 39,990 in India. Furthermore, he also shared that the new price would come in effect soon, with pre-orders starting on January 10, 2023.

Xbox items have seen a lot of recent price changes. In November of last year, Xbox raised prices of the Series X for the third time, and it's currently being sold at a whopping price of Rs. 55,990.

Along with that, other accessories such as the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and the Xbox Wireless Controllers also saw a slight price bump as well.

This isn't the first time the Xbox Series S is receiving a slight increase in price. Last year, Alwani had also broken the news about the prices of Series S being raised to Rs. 37,990. And within just a few months, the console's price has now been increased by Rs. 2000.

By current conversion rates that's ~$480 USD.

As a point of reference these are other console prices in india:

Xbox Series X - 55,990 RS
PS5 disc - 54,990 RS
PS5 digital - 44,990 RS

GHG

Gold Member
What's interesting to me is that they were quietly increasing the console prices in India multiple times last year while still running the "only other people increase prices" narrative in the western media.

What ever happened to honesty?

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
What happens in India, stays in India.

horse-riding.gif

The S is more than the PS5 disc? What?

No the series S is 39,990. The series X is more than the PS5 disc.

You made me do a double take of my list in the OP you bastard 🤣

Last edited:

K' Dash

Past gens we were especulating the date for mass market price of 250-300 buckaroos at this point.

Now we especulate price increases...

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
The Rupee value has been in a constant state of free fall.

In the past week Lexus and Jeep also announced price increases. This has been a general trend across many consumer products.

I feel for the Indian people as I doubt wages have increased in step with their currency devaluation.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

What's interesting to me is that they were quietly increasing the console prices in India multiple times last year while still running the "only other people increase prices" narrative in the western media.

The narrative here is the narrative here. Are you influenced by the Indian media? Do we know how supposedly quiet it was for them?

The PS5 saw a price hike at nearly ALL regions, but somehow it was wrong to report that? Now MS increases the price in a region where its currency has been in Free Fall and you want the media to pull out the pitch forks?

Persecusion complex if I've very seen it.

it's almost like Sony is their competitor and they took a shot at them for hiking prices of the PS5.

if you expect a multi trillion dollar company to be honest then well i really don't know what to say.

GHG

Gold Member
The narrative here is the narrative here. Are you influenced by the Indian media? Do we know how supposedly quiet it was for them?

The PS5 saw a price hike at nearly ALL regions, but somehow it was wrong to report that? Now MS increases the price in a region where its currency has been in Free Fall and you want the media to pull out the pitch forks?

Persecusion complex if I've very seen it.

It's funny that now currency fluctuations matter.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

And why shouldn't people be influenced by Indian media? Or are you going to tell me western media is all that matters?

it's almost like Sony is their competitor and they took a shot at them for hiking prices of the PS5.

if you expect a multi trillion dollar company to be honest then well i really don't know what to say.

It's petty, and rarely ends well. Look at AMD as a more recent example.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

It's funny that now currency fluctuations matter.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

And why shouldn't people be influenced by Indian media? Or are you going to tell me western media is all that matters?

It's petty, and rarely ends well. Look at AMD as a more recent example.

What I'm saying is that if you lived in the region, I'm sure their outlets will keep them informed. You're here wondering why they haven't blown up what's happening on the news in Indonesia lol.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
What I'm saying is that if you lived in the region, I'm sure their outlets will keep them informed. You're here wondering why they haven't blown up what's happening on the news in Indonesia lol.
Uhm… I seem to remember about news from Chile and Brazil in Xbox threads lately being made a big deal out of though… for some reason…

Last edited:
Top Bottom