• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft/Xbox wins "Game Publisher of the Year" at the 2022 Clio awards during ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TransTrender

Gold Member
They heavily advertised gamepass nonstop. From xcloud, to smart TV, to advertising games like persona for gamepass.
Where, exactly?

You cant be in gaming social media, without hearing about gamepass nonstop.
Does this mean Twitter or TikTok or something? Twitch commercials?
I'm guessing message boards don't count.

I guess I'm surprised a Jury made of these people spend enough time of those platforms, aside from a few of the younger and filthier looking ones that look like streamers, would have their finger on the pulse of XBOX marketing via these avenues.

Last edited:
With things like the below -
  • Activision Blizzard buyout was announced
  • Gamepass hitting its stride, a diverse line up of games across retail, store or GP - the library itself to new subs is very attractive and the best value in gaming, period.
  • Near parity with and inclusion of major titles to GP across consoles or PC, same goes for cloud saves, coop etc.
  • Beyond Generations: Gaming Against Loneliness, Xbox reboxes 15,000 consoles and gave them out to bridge the gap of separation and generations.
  • Released Azure Game Development Virtual Machine
  • Emmy award winning show Power On: The Story of Xbox
  • previous Clio award winner for Xbox Adaptive Controller
  • platform and game accessibility support
  • commitment and updates to policies and enforcement in game and via community channels as well as family/parental aspects e.g. 5,000,000 accounts banned autonomously in 6 months via the Xbox Transparency Report
  • diversity of gaming and personalities creating them, xbox is clearly a leader in this field. Groan I know but a worthy cause when done in balance with talent
  • Gears of War > Bound by Ink marketing
  • financial investment in creative agencies, talent, studios, people etc
  • previous creative student award winner with Xbox
  • Sea of Thieves gangbusters new IP
  • Forza best/most successful ever, also HotWheels baby!
  • Halo (for better or worse) did pull big numbers at launch and is "medium healthy" on xbox, not so much on PC
  • MS Flight being a monster, continuous world updates, Maverick and 40th anniversary!
  • Grounded brought a Steam-like early access success story to Xbox
  • Tunic was a brilliant title to GP/Xbox/PC
  • Cuphead DLC was a Chef's kiss on gem of a game
  • Pentiment and Somerville recent successful releases
  • Age of Empires success in 2022
  • Hardware is on song e.g. Series X small, quiet, reliable, fast and Series X just banging value and both rock solid quality wise
  • xCloud is right at the top of the list in the debate for best implementation/performance of cloud gaming going currently
  • They've also shown some pretty well developed and far long announced games heading for launches e.g. Starfield, Fable, Everwild, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2
  • Xbox Design Lab released the Elite 2 controller for custom designs
  • A new Xbox cloud division was formed in March 2022 for cloud-native games (with leads from Portal and Left 4 Dead series heading it up)
  • ID@Xbox fall showcase from September
  • More investment in Japanese games/market
Great tent pole games would be nice, I'll point that one out to Xbox again and again for now (as many do on these forums). However, I'd be lying if I didn't agree Xbox as a publisher/service is the best it has ever been and while the winner is always contentious, I feel Xbox pipped this one here on valid merits. You have to remember the context of these awards, the publisher of the year is within the Clio awards and more focused on the creative side of things like TV, marketing, music, entertainment, gaming.

feynoob

Banned
Where, exactly?

Does this mean Twitter or TikTok or something? Twitch commercials?
I'm guessing message boards don't count.

I guess I'm surprised a Jury made of these people spend enough time of those platforms, aside from a few of the younger and filthier looking ones that look like streamers, would have their finger on the pulse of XBOX marketing via these avenues.
Actual advertising, no just social media.

They had gamepass advertised in NFL games. I don't know if it was super bowl or not.
Too much advertising through YouTube ads.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
With things like the below -
  • Activision Blizzard buyout was announced
  • Gamepass hitting its stride, a diverse line up of games across retail, store or GP - the library itself to new subs is very attractive and the best value in gaming, period.
  • Near parity with and inclusion of major titles to GP across consoles or PC, same goes for cloud saves, coop etc.
  • Beyond Generations: Gaming Against Loneliness, Xbox reboxes 15,000 consoles and gave them out to bridge the gap of separation and generations.
  • Released Azure Game Development Virtual Machine
  • Emmy award winning show Power On: The Story of Xbox
  • previous Clio award winner for Xbox Adaptive Controller
  • platform and game accessibility support
  • commitment and updates to policies and enforcement in game and via community channels as well as family/parental aspects e.g. 5,000,000 accounts banned autonomously in 6 months via the Xbox Transparency Report
  • diversity of gaming and personalities creating them, xbox is clearly a leader in this field. Groan I know but a worthy cause when done in balance with talent
  • Gears of War > Bound by Ink marketing
  • financial investment in creative agencies, talent, studios, people etc
  • previous creative student award winner with Xbox
  • Sea of Thieves gangbusters new IP
  • Forza best/most successful ever, also HotWheels baby!
  • Halo (for better or worse) did pull big numbers at launch and is "medium healthy" on xbox, not so much on PC
  • MS Flight being a monster, continuous world updates, Maverick and 40th anniversary!
  • Grounded brought a Steam-like early access success story to Xbox
  • Tunic was a brilliant title to GP/Xbox/PC
  • Cuphead DLC was a Chef's kiss on gem of a game
  • Pentiment and Somerville recent successful releases
  • Age of Empires success in 2022
  • Hardware is on song e.g. Series X small, quiet, reliable, fast and Series X just banging value and both rock solid quality wise
  • xCloud is right at the top of the list in the debate for best implementation/performance of cloud gaming going currently
  • They've also shown some pretty well developed and far long announced games heading for launches e.g. Starfield, Fable, Everwild, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2
  • Xbox Design Lab released the Elite 2 controller for custom designs
  • A new Xbox cloud division was formed in March 2022 for cloud-native games (with leads from Portal and Left 4 Dead series heading it up)
  • ID@Xbox fall showcase from September
  • More investment in Japanese games/market
Great tent pole games would be nice, I'll point that one out to Xbox again and again for now (as many do on these forums). However, I'd be lying if I didn't agree Xbox as a publisher/service is the best it has ever been and while the winner is always contentious, I feel Xbox pipped this one here on valid merits. You have to remember the context of these awards, the publisher of the year is within the Clio awards and more focused on the creative side of things like TV, marketing, music, entertainment, gaming.
What is the point of marketing again?

freefornow

Man! Sony dun bin robbed again!! Did Clio not see God if War Ragnarok
marketing. That was god teir

Last edited:
UEutsup.jpg
Ohhhh okay, well deserved. Outside of 'no games' they always hit their marketing targets.

DavidGzz

They should get an award for triggering the fanboys over and over. Look how fast they pull the trigger on their concern/hate without reading the OP. It will continue for another 6 pages lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom