• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's AI will be inside Minecraft, and other Xbox, PC games: new Copilot features will search your inventories, offer tips and guides

Kilau

Gold Member
Is this co-existing with the future of Windows and Recall?

Everyone, go ahead and gander at the future of a Windows-based gaming system.
Recall?

arnold schwarzenegger dont bullshit me GIF by Jerology

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Vaporware of the highest order, lol. I'm sure that MS will make truckloads with AI, but not in gaming.

Last edited:
this is all just a stupid distraction so they can collect all kinds of data in how you play so they can find new ways to monetize you. "hey you seem to use these gems a lot. Here's a gem pack on sale for $99.99!!!"

Also, this is a good excuse to force always online connection to all the games as the ai features won't work without it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Copilot is a retarded racist that gets triggered by literally everything.
Nadella is an idiot and he will destroy the company.

Says the man from the gaming forum that voted Halo Infinite as its game of the year in 2021.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Vaporware of the highest order, lol. I'm sure that MS will make truckloads with AI, but not in gaming.

That Minecraft demo I watched was more tangible than anything I've seen from Black Myth: Wukong so far, and everyone is lining up for a chance to blow that one.

Schmendrick

AI PC history tracking.....

Not so long ago that was called logging and was an absolute fucking no go. Have they gone insane?

Bry0

What if the next Halo will have an actual AI Cortana? Say you're getting pinned down in legendary mode; "Cortana, got any bright ideas? Gettin' my shit pushed in!" then it searches all guides online and tells you some dumb shit while you're playing in game and also reports you for cursing.
Maybe 343 can ask copilot to make a better Halo game?

Coconutt

Gold Member
Imagine one day getting laid off work and getting replaced by an AI and that same AI is your copilot for videogames shits wild. I recommend not supporting this bs.

robot destroy GIF by VICE En Español

rm082e

The faster they see all this shit is annoying and people actively avoid it, the faster we get to the inevitable "AI crash", and then we can move onto the next thing.

Who knows - maybe they'll get the bright idea to try making fun video games?

AREYOUOKAY?

I can’t wait until AI evolves to the point where it can just play the whole game for me.

I lazily set it to autoplay for Fire Emblem Heroes and well sometimes it does more harm than good. If you value your characters lives I would play games on your own.

Well it being a mobile game also doesn't help.

xlescNM.jpeg

Last edited:

Danknugz

they clearly didn't learn their lesson with Cortana, no one cared, literally no one used it where i work and people only complained and asked what it was, only never to use it after being told. Just because it has a new name and now has some AI driving t to be even more annoying than cortana was doesn't mean it's going to change anyone's mind. The bing search thing is super annoying imo, never is actually useful, just seems like some project a team at MS came up with to keep their jobs.

Cyberpunkd

"git gud" is now obsolete
That will be the first recommendation. Second one:

"Oy, bruh, you wanna use these 100 health potions you are carrying or you are thinking about opening up a pharmacy? Asking for a friend"

Pay 10€ for exclusive Snoop Dog co-pilot voice pack

Also - Co-pilot is fucking terrible in Microsoft 365, PoS that never does anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom