• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miles Morales coming to Steam on November 18

Draugoth

Gold Member
Fe9SgRQX0AMcjEA

Fe9USPPXoAMyBt5

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Poptart_PC_Pre_Order_Beauty_Shot_16x9_616px_20221007.png

PC Features​

PC Optimized Graphics

Enjoy a variety of graphics quality options to tailor to a wide range of devices, unlocked framerates, and support for other technologies including performance boosting NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA DLSS 2, image quality enhancing NVIDIA DLAA, and latency-reducing NVIDIA Reflex. Upscaling technologies AMD FSR 2.1, Intel XeSS and IGTI are also supported.

Ray-traced reflections and shadows*

See the city come to life with stunning ray-traced reflection and ray-traced shadow options with a variety of quality modes to choose from.

Ultra-wide Monitor support**

Take in the cinematic sights of Marvel’s New York with support for a range of screen setups, including 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, and 48:9 resolutions. 48:9 resolutions with triple monitor setups are compatible with NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity.

Controls and Customization

Feel what it’s like to play as Spider-Man through immersive haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects using a PlayStation DualSense™ controller on a wired USB connection. Enjoy full mouse and keyboard support with various customizable control options.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysius

Banned
This one is easy to skip, it just doesn't have the great feel of the original. The missions feel just I dunno, I had it on plus plus(or whatever) and I didn't even bother to finish it.

The story this time sucks, and there's something about the main missions, the entire thing feels dated in a bad way, also feels like a quick cash grab after thought.

Even the Venom combat powers suck, that might be the thing that makes this game awful, the combat was perfect in the original, and they fucked it up by adding the venom powers and those are just lame because they pepper combat with enemies that constantly require using them.

Last edited:
This one is easy to skip, it just doesn't have the great feel of the original. The missions feel just I dunno, I had it on plus plus(or whatever) and I didn't even bother to finish it.

The story this time sucks, and there's something about the main missions, the entire thing feels dated in a bad way, also feels like a quick cash grab after thought.

The story isn’t nearly as good but the gameplay is better. Miles just feels way better to control with the venom powers

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I actually liked this more than the main Spider Man game - shorter, but with a lot less filler.
I was the opposite. Wasnt into the story. Wasnt into the stealth sections which felt a bit more sloppy in terms of level and enemy design, but band-aided over with the invisibility power. Combat felt mostly identical.

Its pretty similar to the base game overall though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Every fucking day I regret having bought this useless piece of shit

Was it useless when you played Miles Morales 2 years ago...? Is this port really retroactively spoiling your enjoyment of the game?

It wasn't even a PS5 exclusive then in the first place.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I was the opposite. Wasnt into the story. Wasnt into the stealth sections which felt a bit more sloppy in terms of level and enemy design, but band-aided over with the invisibility power. Combat felt mostly identical.

Its pretty similar to the base game overall though.
The overuse of Venom powers was awful, it destroyed the flow of combat and added extra button presses that the game really didn't need.

Missions aren't great either, they're basically recycle structure from the original.

Everything about this screams quick cash-in trash.

They didn't know how to expand the combat in a good way so they just tossed in Venom powers.

Pelta88

I was impressed by Spider-Man but Miles was a different beast and surprisingly, was way more fun. And I loved Spidey.

Hope the PC crowd enjoy Miles as much as I did.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Will it support DLSS 3? If so i hope they can make it work on RTX 2000 series.
Yes

PC Optimized Graphics

Enjoy a variety of graphics quality options to tailor to a wide range of devices, unlocked framerates, and support for other technologies including performance boosting NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA DLSS 2, image quality enhancing NVIDIA DLAA, and latency-reducing NVIDIA Reflex. Upscaling technologies AMD FSR 2.1, Intel XeSS and IGTI are also supported.

Ray-traced reflections and shadows*

See the city come to life with stunning ray-traced reflection and ray-traced shadow options with a variety of quality modes to choose from.

Ultra-wide Monitor support**

Take in the cinematic sights of Marvel’s New York with support for a range of screen setups, including 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, and 48:9 resolutions. 48:9 resolutions with triple monitor setups are compatible with NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity.

Controls and Customization

Feel what it’s like to play as Spider-Man through immersive haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects using a PlayStation DualSense™ controller on a wired USB connection. Enjoy full mouse and keyboard support with various customizable control options.

Mr Moose

Will it support DLSS 3? If so i hope they can make it work on RTX 2000 series.
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales supports the latest performance enhancing upscaling technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS 3. This technology for GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs combines DLSS Super Resolution, DLSS Frame Generation, and NVIDIA Reflex to boost your frame rate to new heights. NVIDIA DLSS 2, NVIDIA DLAA, and NVIDIA Reflex will also be supported.

kiphalfton

Even the Venom combat powers suck, that might be the thing that makes this game awful, the combat was perfect in the original, and they fucked it up by adding the venom powers and those are just lame because they pepper combat with enemies that constantly require using them.

No. The only thing the original has over this is story, costumes, and length. But can't really be too surprised when this is a spin-off.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I still haven't played this, but my son loved it back when we first bought the PS5. Maybe during Christmas holidays I'll finally start a file.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I thought the game was ok. Nowhere even close to as good as the first one, and I never once cared about the villain at all. Her death meant less than nothing to me, and the "He's our Spider-Man" at the end, damn near overdosed on cringe.

That being said, the game was fun to play, if a bit repetitive and too heavy on the collectibles. And my god is it gorgeous, I mean unbelievably high production values.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
MM on PS5 had better visuals like better textures and materials the spiderman remastered?

Top Bottom