• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miles Morales coming to Steam on November 18

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Have to excuse some of us, Miles had so many legs on the sales charts, it felt like it kept rereleasing.

I know what you mean. Spider-Man Remastered was released not too long ago, and very soon we’ll have Sackboy, Uncharted 4 and Uncharted on PC later this month, and now Miles Morales is next month.

They could pace the release better but I guess that’s a good problem to have,

Returnal better not be Dec. i still need to find time for Bayonetta 3 on Switch, and Judgement and Lost Judgement on PC

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Started this on PS5 but gave up after like 1.5-2 hours. Will try again. First Spider-Man runs surprisingly well on Steam Deck.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know what you mean. Spider-Man Remastered was released not too long ago, and very soon we’ll have Sackboy, Uncharted 4 and Uncharted on PC later this month, and now Miles Morales is next month.

They could pace the release better but I guess that’s a good problem to have,

Returnal better not be Dec. i still need to find time for Bayonetta 3 on Switch, and Judgement and Lost Judgement on PC
Sony is releasing ports fast because next year they have more backlog ports to go. After they get them out of the way in 2023, the day one GAAS games will come to PC as well as any new games which will have shorter time gaps of a year or so each. Only reason why some ports have 4 year gaps is because they just started their port releases in 2020 and their backlog goes far back into the PS4 era.

To those who played it I'm curious.
Was the story any sort of preachy SJW shit, or was it just a passable game story with a decent character?
It looks cool somewhat but I do feel hesitant about it being preachy.

FUBARx89

Was the story any sort of preachy SJW shit, or was it just a passable game story with a decent character?

I didn't think it was preachy. At most from what I remember there's a BLM mural in game.

This one is easy to skip, it just doesn't have the great feel of the original. The missions feel just I dunno, I had it on plus plus(or whatever) and I didn't even bother to finish it.

The story this time sucks, and there's something about the main missions, the entire thing feels dated in a bad way, also feels like a quick cash grab after thought.

Even the Venom combat powers suck, that might be the thing that makes this game awful, the combat was perfect in the original, and they fucked it up by adding the venom powers and those are just lame because they pepper combat with enemies that constantly require using them.
I just picked up the first game on PC. I honestly do not understand what all the hype was about.

Fbh

I'm playing it right now.
The plot doesn't feel preachy. It's standard Spiderman stuff mixed with Miles coming to terms with being his own person rather than just "the other Spiderman". I'm not done with the main story yet but so far it doesn't feel like it's trying to send some preachy message. Some of the side stuff borders on the woke (you can tell they were going down the diversity checklist) but not to a distracting degree.

Honestly my main issue with the plot is that I find Miles a bit annoying, in part due to the voice acting. I like the version of the character and his voice acting a lot more in the Spiderverse movie.
Also after playing through Guardians of the Galaxy recently the writing and specially the banter in this game feels rather forced and unnatural in comparison.

Last edited:
I'm playing it right now.
The plot doesn't feel preachy. It's standard Spiderman stuff mixed with Miles coming to terms with being his own person rather than just "the other Spiderman". I'm not done with the main story yet but so far it doesn't feel like it's trying to send some preachy message. Some of the side stuff borders on the woke (you can tell they were going down the diversity checklist) but not to a distracting degree.

Honestly my main issue with the plot is that I find Miles a bit annoying, in part due to the voice acting. I like the version of the character and his voice acting a lot more in the Spiderverse movie.
Also after playing through Guardians of the Galaxy recently the writing and specially the banter in this game a rather forced and unnatural in comparison.
Thanks for warning me about the check-list.
Other than that, thanks for the opinion, a review from a "trusted source" isn't exactly trust worthy these days.
The game sounds reasonable.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
how long until someone uploads a mod on the nexus removing the BLM mural and replacing it with anime titties or something? i look forward to the ensuing shit show

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Who would have though that some of these console ports from Sony would be to rich in support for the modern tech afforded by the big 3 GPU's

This will definitely serve as a great benchmark game.

it's fun. arkham games still better tho.
I was thinking about that. I loved loved loved Arkham's combat. I spent a lot of time floating around just looking for thugs to knock around. Spider Man's combat looked like it had a lot of similar components, but it's not nearly as fun to fight and combo.

Also I thought the traversal felt clunky. But maybe I'm just not good at it.

Ywap

I was thinking about that. I loved loved loved Arkham's combat. I spent a lot of time floating around just looking for thugs to knock around. Spider Man's combat looked like it had a lot of similar components, but it's not nearly as fun to fight and combo.

Also I thought the traversal felt clunky. But maybe I'm just not good at it.
I feel the same. I started playing Arkham Knight + Sesson pass before i even finished Spiderman. I wanted a similar, but better game and Arkham deliver that in spades 🤘

Esppiral

Fantastic game I enjoyed it more than spiderman 2018.
Also this new Sony trend is making me considering buying the PSP3, I mean a steam deck.

Top Bottom