• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millennials Spend More Time Playing Video Games Than Gen Z and Teens

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I’d love to know how much I’m actually influenced. I think pretty much decide on my own but I wonder how accurate that actually is.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Marathon got the most views out of te showcase... and I toatlly don't feel the gaas crap games.
I feel extremely out of touch.
I only want single player games. I hate gaas and multiplayet. Classic MP? sure... maybe a bit but I just want SP

Fools idol

Banned
I’d love to know how much I’m actually influenced. I think pretty much decide on my own but I wonder how accurate that actually is.

Being here on GAF influences all of us massively. It's a massive group mind when it comes to review scores for sure. Narratives get woven from the review threads and it tends to stick for release.

StereoVsn

These studies always forget we exist. It's part of what drives our perpetual angst.
I am going to put on some flannel, turn on Nirvana in the background and watch some Friends stat! Maybe I will chase that down with some Zima even...

Last edited:

_Ex_

I am going to put on some flannel, turn on Nirvana in the background and watch some Friends stat! Maybe I will chase that down with some Zima even...

I will stomp around in Doc Martens while blasting Ministry, then jack it to Urotsukidoji II: Legend of the Demon Womb while drinking Orbitz mixed with Surge.

Marathon got the most views out of te showcase... and I toatlly don't feel the gaas crap games.
I feel extremely out of touch.
I only want single player games. I hate gaas and multiplayet. Classic MP? sure... maybe a bit but I just want SP
Yes this. Unless they are resurrecting quake 3/unreal tournament /warhaek/bf2/bfbc2/tf2... Than forget multiplayer (outside of a few random mortal kombat and switch sports matches).

Single player all the way. Linear focused or open world. Either is great, but I need to pause and take care of things. Don't have time for marathon gaming sessions with shooting shit for épéen.

Turn based strategy, rpg, city builder, survival, horror, arcade and Sim racing, freelancer style space combat, 3rd person action adventure, fps single player, etc... And I'm all in. When everything goes gaas, and always online they loose my money.

It's a stupid strategy as I'm sure I'm not alone. Gen x will be the first Gen to really take gaming into the nursing home, lol... Retired people need something to do and I will be there in 20 some years (wtf)... Thankfully backlogs grow by the day and I don't mind replaying old games.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
40% of millenials game more than 22 hrs per week? How is that possible with work? Unless you do nothing else outside work than play videogames.
Yes that’s a pretty high stat. These are the kinds of stats that lend some credence to the theory that young people in general are not growing up as quickly as they used to.

Griffon

Just like TV was our parents' media, video games are ours. And social media sites are zoomer's.

Times change, unlike back in the 80s/90s, games are now a fully integrated and normal part of society and all ages. It's not an exclusive youth club anymore.

Last edited:

Zuo

Obviously, 99% of games are ass today and it's not easy for people to get into media that's 20 years before their time

Top Bottom