• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millie A's sources seem to suggest Xbox has secured a "BIG" Third Party Title (both as an Exclusive and for Game Pass)

reksveks

One option is objectively better though.
That's more subjective than you think. It is objectively better in certain ways and worse in other ways.

If the value that you find in the experience is linked to the ease of access than streaming is better. If you don't value the responsiveness and image quality, then native gaming is better. I vary based on the type of media more so in the context of TV shows and movies but a bit within games. It's why I have a series s and a PC.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Every little rumour gets a thread now it seems.

Sorry, I know that's a bad base for a post and this is gaming "news" but there's so much crap thrown at the wall that it's hard to sift through legitimate threads and believing something until I see it official.

And good for them on this speculation rumor news that is like a fart in the wind as of now.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That's more subjective than you think. It is objectively better in certain ways and worse in other ways.

If the value that you find in the experience is linked to the ease of access than streaming is better. If you don't value the responsiveness and image quality, then native gaming is better. I vary based on the type of media more so in the context of TV shows and movies but a bit within games. It's why I have a series s and a PC.
How is it easier to stream? As opposed to a download?

Papacheeks

Banned
I bet it is Mass effect 4. No way its a Rockstar game. If it is it's 6 month minimum exclusivity. Too much money would be needed to be spent to have something like GTA 6 exclusive. MASS EFFECT 4 though sounds plausible since the brand is on the low.

reksveks

How is it easier to stream? As opposed to a download?

Because you don't need to worry about the local specification of your device to the same extent (just WiFi, Bluetooth and the ability to run a browser) and in certain cases, it's more user friendly in terms of saves files.

Correct me if I am wrong but you need to pay for Cloud saves on PSN right?

So a user without that, would have to move save files manually around between two ps5's whereas someone using streaming won't have to. None of this might matter to you but its a subjective argument as we all treat features differently.

Last edited:

reksveks

And yes, playing natively is the only option for "not gatekeeping". Otherwise we could say Nintendo is not gatekeeping, as their games can be played via emulator on PC.
Again, I dislike this term of gatekeeping in this context cause its not the right/agreed usage of the word. Having a game exclusive to your platform be that a cloud-based platform or hardware platform is not anything close to the traditional definition of gatekeeping.

arvfab

Banned
Again, I dislike this term of gatekeeping in this context cause its not the right/agreed usage of the word. Having a game exclusive to your platform be that a cloud-based platform or hardware platform is not anything close to the traditional definition of gatekeeping.

Then I agree, no console manufacturer is doing any gatekeeping.

SaucyJack

milli vanilli fraud GIF

Girl you know it’s true ….

I bet it is Mass effect 4. No way its a Rockstar game. If it is it's 6 month minimum exclusivity. Too much money would be needed to be spent to have something like GTA 6 exclusive. MASS EFFECT 4 though sounds plausible since the brand is on the low.
Good call!

Mass effect was a 360 exclusive for what 7 years?(didnt even come out on PC for about 3 years) and given the EA-gamepass deal I think this is a real possibility.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

This is a great call, and the one that makes the most sense.

Game aside, I wonder if MS is gonna go for the 12 month exclusive style exclusive like sony or even 2 years.

That is of course, if any of this is real.

Papacheeks

Banned
Good call!

Mass effect was a 360 exclusive for what 7 years?(didnt even come out on PC for about 3 years) and given the EA-gamepass deal I think this is a real possibility.

Yea, it's the only game that currently we know about that makes sense. Mass effect brand wise is on the mend after andromeda. So having it day one gamepass would be smart and a good get for Microsoft. Though it would suck for PS5 owners, I feel people are kind of timid on the brand as a whole outside the remastered trilogy.

PhaseJump

Banned
I said it before, I think Mortal Kombat makes sense if any of the speculation is true. It's a huge IP. WB studios were shopped around, NeatherRealm is rumored to be working on the sequel now or whatever, Xbox doesn't have Killer Instinct ready and it was downplayed due to having nobody internally stepping up to lead and make it happen.

I don't know though. I'm an idiot. Not the biggest one, though. People here seem to think Splinter Cell was Xbox exclusive, when it wasn't.

Corndog

Banned
Yea, it's the only game that currently we know about that makes sense. Mass effect brand wise is on the mend after andromeda. So having it day one gamepass would be smart and a good get for Microsoft. Though it would suck for PS5 owners, I feel people are kind of timid on the brand as a whole outside the remastered trilogy.
Seems unlikely to me considering the game is probably 3 or 4 years out. Unless they are making deals that far in advance.

Doesn't "Exclusive" usually go along with "Timed" when it comes to modern Xbox?
Yeah but timed exclusives like….let’s say Sony did a timed exclusive, well I say good luck to that third party dev on getting my money by the time it releases on Xbox a year later. Unless it’s day one gamepass when it finally releases, I’m not buying.

Last edited:

chonga

Good.
I mean, if Sony can moneyhat Final Fantasy, Deathloop, GhostWire Tokyo, Forspoken etc. why we should be angry when Microsoft will do this?
Because Sony openly does not give a fuck but Phil 'Good Guy' Spencer literally goes around saying that exclusives are bad and 'counter to what gaming is about'.

Dr Bass

Mass Effect 4 would be absolutely huge
If the game is good. The last one was a total bomb that actually did damage to the series' reputation. Associating a game like that to a platform as an exclusive would not be a smart idea for multiple reasons.

So ... yeah. If the game is good. :messenger_tongue:

I doubt ME will ever recapture the magic of the original game though. I remember thinking that game on 360 was easily one of the best game experiences of the generation. ME4 would have to be one hell of a game to get that feeling back I think. For me it was the feeling of being "on an adventure", something that's always drawn me to games since I was a kid. Whether it was Rygar or Zelda 1 on NES. They captured the imagination. ME did that for me to a degree as an adult, and it was awesome. But it's also dated compared to what's out now, so those same kinds of world designs seem very limited with obvious boundaries, when at the time like 15 years ago (ugh) it felt like a massive expansive world. So yeah, I just sorta doubt ME will ever have the same impact unless they put out something absolutely incredible and industry leading again. Do they have that vision still?

This post certainly got off track ...

Godot25

Banned
Because Sony openly does not give a fuck but Phil 'Good Guy' Spencer literally goes around saying that exclusives are bad and 'counter to what gaming is about'.
LOL. Someone actually believes shit that execs says?

We had whole "we believe in generations" fiasco and Spencer is promising best E3 for 5 years. Their job is to look good before public and say shit people want to hear...

Godot25

Banned
Could be, I saw the reference to Bungie in Microsoft's earning call and someone saying that Bungie 'Games' aka plural. Is destiny one still online?
Nadella was talking about fact that Bungie is using Azure for their server infrastructure.

I think.

Godot25

Banned
Yeah, but I think the person's tweet highlights the usage of the plural games.

It probably is nothing

Fact that Bungie is making more then just new content for D2 is known for quite a time.

I was more talking about fact, that this "Bungie is using Azure" does not mean that their new game will be only on Xbox.

Papacheeks

Banned
The new Mass Effect has no announced platforms yet. Mass Effect is coming home!

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF by Adult Swim

Honestly this is one of those things where Microsoft FUCKED UP. ANd part of that was in the beginning of the actual Division they had started it for the wrong reasons and had the wrong people in charge of it. If they had spencer or someone really heavily entrenched in gaming, and Microsoft saw Xbox more than just Bill's pet project I think Bioware would not be owned by EA.

Bioware should be a xbox branded division.

Andodalf

Banned
Knowing Microsoft's love of WRPG, Dragon Age 4 but nah, sticking with Splinter Cell.

Man I can't wait for DA4, really hope we see it soon. DA:O is a GOAT tier game, and DA:I was a really solid RPG to start last gen with. Really hope Bio gets back to form here

Top Bottom