• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire Thai Fruit farmer offers 6-figure pay-out to 'diligent man' who will marry his 26-yr old daughter

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Screen-Shot-2019-03-07-at-6-50-53-AM.png

Ardon Rodthong, 58, says he'll pay his future son-in-law ten million Thai baht, the equivalent of roughly $314,000, to marry his 26-year-old daughter Karnsita. He added that he'd also give her future husband the massive durian fruit farm he owns in Chumphon province, southern Thailand, which is worth several million dollars.

In a post on social media, Rodthong highlighted some of his daughter's character traits, including that she helps run his business, speaks English and Chinese, and is a virgin.

Rodthong owns the largest durian fruit farm in the region, which processes about 50 tons of fruit per day, according to the Daily Mail. Durian is known for its pungent smell, earning it the nickname as the world's smelliest fruit.

I first found out about my father's post when my friends showed me. I was surprised but I can see the funny side to it, too," she said. “At first, I thought my dad was joking but it turns out he’s seriously looking for a son-in-law. My siblings and I respect his decision,” she added, according to Malay Mail.

The family has reportedly been inundated with responses to the post, in which Rodthong says he just wants a "diligent man" for his daughter.

"I want someone to take care of my business and make it last. I don't want a person with a bachelor's, or master's or philosopher's degree," he said.

"I just want someone with a hard-working attitude. That's all."

BOIS

This was the wrong way to go about this. Now 1,000+ professional bro vultures will descend on his daughter, 100% interested in the cash and business.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Fuck if I was single I'd take this up. That sounds like a sweet fucking deal.

*meanwhile in REEEEEEEE*
"OMG what a sexist monster can you believe he's assuming schler's gender and trying to auction schler off like a prize to be won!?"

Hulk_Smash

Banned
She... ain’t bad looking.

How much you wanna bet the father goes for someone that already has money and connections.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is she unable to find a partner? What is she me? This is kinda sad.

Grinchy

Banned
It's interesting that her running the business for him is not even a remote possibility in anyone's head.

iconmaster

Banned
Mmmmmm

durians9-e1528449183494-640x425.jpg

The smell "has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage."

Last edited:

Makariel

The king of fruits! I thought in Thai culture the groom has to pay dowry to the bride's family, how desperate is that guy?

Pejo

It just warms my heart to see that the plane.gif meme has survived. It was a bannable offense during the dark days here, but it was always one of my favorites.

Cheers OP!

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
So... the fruit stinks, but it's a huge hit in China (tourist delicacy, too!) which means guaranteed business... you get a wife and enough money to clear debt... hmm...

If I can sit in my own farts, I can do a lifetime of durian!

It just warms my heart to see that the plane.gif meme has survived. It was a bannable offense during the dark days here, but it was always one of my favorites.

Cheers OP!

I had no idea it was bannable lol. I do remember the first time I saw it (was it NinjaScooter?) I cried laughing.

demigod

It only smells bad if you leave it out in the open. Once you taste it you’ll love it. The good kind is expensive, i bought one last year and it was $60. I bought a cheaper one a couple months ago and it costed like $25 in TX.

Top Bottom