• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Dungeons Review thread

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I must be doing something wrong. I played almost 3 hours and I don't think I am even halfway through. I play on hardest setting it will let me each mission, and replay missions for the items I haven't found yet. I guess it can be 3.5 if you want it to be, but I feel there is way more than 3.5 hours worth of gameplay here
aye i played casually and still took me 6 hours to reach a WALL

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I love arpg's and have spent a depressingly large amount of hours in the genre.........so far MCD has been great to run through. I am playing with a bud, spent about 6 hours with it last night, and think we have two more areas to finish to complete the default play through.

Fun game to jump into, easy to understand, and the gameplay can be a challenging if you want it to be.

For $20 bucks I was surprised how much fun I actually had with it already and am looking forward to jumping back in tonight.

PerfectDark

Banned
I would avoid reviews on this game. Most reviewers have no clue about anything. This game has a great base to build from and is very polished. This is a very unique game. People call it baby diablo or simple. This game might not be super complex but it has allot more depth to it and difficulty then people think.

The gear and enchantments is where this game shines and how its done is very unique.

My only issue is I have two tv's and two xb1x's in my game room. I can not play on my TV and xbox with my two boys on their TV and xbox.

We are forced to play one system and TV and that is a nightmare with a 5 and 6 year old. They never want to stay together. One kid wants to see his inventory in a boss fight and blocks us from fighting. Its pure chaos. I have two systems and TV's next to each other for a reason. Let me use them both!

iconmaster

Banned
So long as it's a decent game, it shouldn't have any trouble selling millions on the basis of license alone -- though I can't find much information on whether Story Mode sold well. Telltale shut down but there were lots of reasons for that.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I am enjoying this game. Love the graphics and its good that it's not as hardcore as other ARPGs. I can play it relaxed after work while listening to some music, just using all mouse buttons on my G600. Knowing MS, this game will have a lot of content down the line.

Rawker

The kids got this for Xmas and they had a blast. I got kinda jealous and went out and bought another controller. I made them restart and we spent like 4 hours grinding the game and having a kick ass time. This game is a blast for couch coop, fingers crossed it'll open them up to more then just Minecraft survival because I'm not interested in that.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
The kids got this for Xmas and they had a blast. I got kinda jealous and went out and bought another controller. I made them restart and we spent like 4 hours grinding the game and having a kick ass time. This game is a blast for couch coop, fingers crossed it'll open them up to more then just Minecraft survival because I'm not interested in that.

Yeah, I agree. Tried this for the first time yesterday and I loved every second of it. Smooth, casual and incredibly chill. Just a joy to play, and perfect with the kids. Looks good too.

anthony2690

Banned
Diablo 3 next for the kids! Haha

JCK75

My Son and I used to play this constantly together.. it really is a blast.. need to get my living room hooked back up so we can play again.

Dural

My 5yo started playing this a couple months ago, he loves it. He asked for Dungeons action figures for Christmas.

Top Bottom