• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Legends Announced (Coming to PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Discover the mysteries of Minecraft Legends, our upcoming action strategy game. Explore a familiar yet mysterious land, full of diverse life, lush biomes, and rich resources. But this paradise is on the brink of destruction. The piglins have arrived – and they’re threatening to corrupt the Overworld. Inspire unexpected friends to form valuable alliances and lead them in strategic battles to protect their home. Take the fight to the piglins before their Nether corruption devours the Overworld! Developed by Mojang Studios and Blackbird Interactive, Minecraft Legends is coming in 2023 on Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, Steam, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

Last edited:

Greirat

These Minecraft spinoff games always seem to copy the superficial parts of Minecraft (the characters, the art style) instead of the parts that actually draw people into the game (the freedom and creativity). Feels more like the result of a business development executive trying to "leverage the IP" rather than because they have a cool game idea.

I'm glad to see Microsoft continues to expand the Minecraft universe. We didn't see much about how the game plays, but I'm keeping this one on my radar. Looked pretty neat

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Minecraft Legends is a real-time action strategy game based on the widely-popular sandbox game. Mojang's Dennis Ries and Magnus Nedfors show off gameplay and talk a bit more about the decision to make Minecraft Legends a real-time action game.

These Minecraft spinoff games always seem to copy the superficial parts of Minecraft (the characters, the art style) instead of the parts that actually draw people into the game (the freedom and creativity). Feels more like the result of a business development executive trying to "leverage the IP" rather than because they have a cool game idea.
My son and I put a lot of time into co-op Minecraft Dungeons. Fun game.

Top Bottom