• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missing Modern Marvel Games

Okay so many people were skeptical of Marvel Midnight Suns because people labeled it as a “card game” but its really to be accurate a Tactical Role Playing game, and i must say, after putting over so many hours and beating the game, it’s my personal game of the year and one of the best Marvel games out there in general imo. Here’s the thing, whomever green-lit the idea to make a Marvel game thats a TRPG was a good thing but it leads to me wanting to see the Marvel universe in more different types of genres of games. For instance, what about a Marvel game that has gameplay elements like the Final Fantasy 7 remake? What about a Marvel game with fighting elements like Yakuza and Judgment? A Marvel game that’s like Smite (MOBA)? A Marvel game like Diablo (Ultimate Alliance 4 PS5, XSX, PC?), What about a Marvel game that’s a Smash clone? A Marvel game like GTA (sandbox), a Marvel game like Overwatch? What about remaking Marvel Nemesis Rise of The Imperfects with modern day graphics, gameplay, and characters? Who remember that game?

Larxia

Midnight Suns is a 10/10

The media failed its job on properly giving it the flowers it deserves
The same happened to Guardians of the Galaxy, it's an amazing game, most people who played it agree that it's incredible, but it got really poor marketing and kind of flopped.
It also seems like a lot of people are totally against marvel games since Marvel's Avengers, even if these new games are nothing like that one.

It's always sad when stuff meet unfair fate (forever traumatized by Disney's Treasure Planet, the most underrated disney movie).

Jennings

I'm jumping on the Midnight Suns train as soon as it's no longer $70 on my Xbox.

As for different genres of Marvel games, sure I can get on board with that as long as the games are good and offer more than an existing game with a Marvel reskin. There is an Anthem-styled Iron Man coming. There's also a Wolverine game in development. But I assume that one will just be another third person action game.

Bridges

Midnight Suns is great. Might be a victim of rising Marvel fatigue or coming out so close to another card-based Marvel game.

Hoppa

I love Midnight Suns but I’m horrible at it

FYI Marvel has a MOBA on mobile, I played it a little a couple years ago but it didn’t really grab me. Character models are great though

The Ultimate Alliance on Switch is the closest there is to a Diablo-ish experience.. it’s not very deep but it has a massive roster and the characters they include are imo Marvels best. I enjoyed it a lot

Larxia

It's cool, but the characters look like PS2 models. It's jarring to look at.
The worst to me is the walking / running animations. It looks really bad, the characters move too fast for their animation, it doesn't match and it gives me a cheap feeling of some fan game where they just picked a random running animation online. It's weird that they overlooked something so basic.

The worst to me is the walking / running animations. It looks really bad, the characters move too fast for their animation, it doesn't match and it gives me a cheap feeling of some fan game where they just picked a random running animation online. It's weird that they overlooked something so basic.

Its like the first time they ever made a walkable hub area in a game

Last edited:
Top Bottom