• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MiSTer FPGA July news; all the cool stuff that's come / is coming to FPGA

VGEsoterica

I know some people here on GAF own a MiSTer and a bunch others have said they are going to pick one up...and if you like OutRun maybe get one sooner rather than later (go directly to Terasic. They have stock it seems)

but damn has it been a great month on the arcade side with arcade cores released + more being worked on as previews. Plus add in some PS1 core improvements and a Super Gameboy core for July...fun times!

But again GAF...who here is playing on MiSTer FPGA? I love hearing how far the project has spread and what people are enjoying about it

Oh and Gaia Crusaders core is out and damn that's a whacky and under appreciated beat em up

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I really want to see the console companies doing some art with this. I can imagine Saturn guys freaking out with this

VGEsoterica

I wonder if the DE10-Nano is still heavily subsidized or if they finally sell it at cost. Hard to tell if the price increases are due to component costs or knowledge that these boards are mostly being utilized by people with no interest in learning fpga.

I was thinking of getting a second unit for a potential project, but I'm going to hold off for now.
I believe it is still subsidized yes.

I wouldn't say every MiSTer user has no interesting in learning how to write HDL for FPGA though. Some do

VGEsoterica

Certainly not everyone. There's a lot of dev chat on the discord channels and the "Development for MiSTer" subforum is pretty active. What I mean is proportionately a much larger of number people buying into MiSTer are there only as end users. Our most significant contribution to the cause are patreons to help keep the devs doing what they're doing.
True. But hey…probably the most interesting use of the DE10

dudemcgrude

Neo Member
love the MiSTer! One of the reasons I got a 3D printer was to print a case, the other being a GCloader mount thing. I hope the Simpsons, X-men, and tmnt arcade games get running at some point. It’s hard to believe psx works on it. It’s been great to play tomb raider again.

lvrtMvR.jpg

Top Bottom