• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyazaki on Elden Ring [IGN] - (discussing gameplay, story, hub world, areas etc.)

Bartski

Gold Member
takeaways from igromania.ru:

- PvP confirmed, participation "optional" & still in development.
- way more accessible MP in general, won't require rare items or resources as usual. Covenant participation not mandatory for PvE but comes with interesting twists.
- seems like the MAP has no waypoints, you have to place them yourself as markers to follow. No map in legacy areas a'ls old school dark souls the world is full of
- open world worth exploring not only for resources and items but hidden NPCs and LORE
- poison swamp confirmed :messenger_horns:

Bartski

Gold Member
- Battle arts from DS3 return but are not fixed to a weapon (~100 techniques)
This is the craziest part. I mean it goes against your usual DPS logic. Maybe there are limits akin to Code Vein where you have like those "specials" that go with a certain weapon category...
But that's not what he said - he said there is no limit to reassigning it between weapons.
Very interesting and how they prevent some game-breaking OP combinations there, maybe there is new type of weapon scaling that nerfs hard-hitting heavy weapons when used with arts that "belong" to light weapons

It's going to be really interesting to see what is FROM's take on Open World.
But by the looks of it and what Mr. Miyazaki said in the interview it's going to be awesome!

I'll definitely play as a strenght build with CLAYMORE (+10) rather than Sekiro-style shinobi.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's going to be really interesting to see what is FROM's take on Open World.
But by the looks of it and what Mr. Miyazaki said in the interview it's going to be awesome!

I'll definitely play as a strenght build with CLAYMORE (+10) rather than Sekiro-style shinobi.
I've never done a full on 2-hand STR build in the Souls games, this one may be my first. That lightsaber "moonblade" part looked sweet!

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

- around 10 character starting classes, highly customizable
- combat can be avoided, also with half of the bosses to avoid "dead ends"
- again emphasis on different playstyles, can focus on defence, ranged attacks or offensive gameplay involving counters

Sinthor

Gold Member
Is this gonna have a traditional narrative like sekiro or something like the past titles where the majority of people just watch a recap from vaati?!

It's kinda of a waste to have martin doing the narrative if it is more like the latter.

Also yeah, this look like easy 100+ hours in the first run...
100+ hours in the first run! AMATEURS! Unless your character has 300+ hours, you're doing it wrong! :)

Sinthor

Gold Member
Man abit dissapointed in this part

Dying from falling/falling rage quit is one of the classic part of the series

Anyway Elden Ring look like a big open savanah i dont see any mountains or high hills so this kinda make sense
I doubt this will be taken fully away. Just more open world so less funneling of the game path by using sheer cliffs, etc.

(walks up to ledge)
<Try Jumping!>
('Hmmm really?' - checks message again -)
<Treasure ahead!>
<Try Jumping>
<Time for rolling>
(shrugs.....'ooookkkkk.....')

(Yoouuuuu assssshoooooolllles!)

Top Bottom