• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2019 |OT| Juiciest Balls Since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese Has the stage become too big or is it the championship metal of the Stros? They have all the momentum right now.
No.

They are 1-19 with RISP the last 2 games. They’ve have their chances. It’s baseball. Hot bats and cold bats.

They haven’t played as bad as the score suggests. A few balls move an inch or 2 more in Game 3. They are up 3-1.

Baseball is heartbreak. It’s raining most of the time. We are conditioned for it.

We just haven’t had any ground balls with eyes

Texas Pride

Banned
I think the Nats played above average baseball to get to this point and they were due to regress imo. You can't excuse being shutout by a rookie SP. It's only like the 2nd time in the last 30 years a rookie SP has done that in a World Series. So call it bad luck or regression but letting us back in this series was a huge mistake whatever the reasons. Scherzer's not starting today he was scratched with back issues.

Last edited:
I feel like this world series is the worst since 2014. It's just one team steamrolling the other while the other team struggles to hit with RISP. There's barely any excitement to these games.

I feel like this world series is the worst since 2014. It's just one team steamrolling the other while the other team struggles to hit with RISP. There's barely any excitement to these games.

The ballparks might have something to do with it and why Houston is performing so well in Nationals Park. Nationals Park is around 30ft shorter in CF then Minute Maid. That's a HUGE difference in something being caught and a home run.

The Stros have gotten some home runs around center left/right field that I think would have possibly been caught in minute maid.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Baseball is a cruel bitch when it goes great you roll and when it falls off a cliff you can't do anything. Astros struggled in multiple series and they were due to break out. Houston's pitching kept them alive when the bats were cold vs TB & NY. Their body of work dictated them not hitting was an anomaly that was going to correct. Having said that even I couldn't have hoped to win all 3 games on the road to take control.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just saw that the entire stadium boo'd Trump and chanted "Lock Him Up" lol

Thanks Nats fans.

And that boys and girls is how you make up for a shit call. Don't get tilted and throw the game away, go up with only 1 out and get on the board.

Jays were robbed on a shit call in 92 and they still won the game/series. Meltdowns are for chumps (looking at you 85 Cardinals)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

That was not interference.

This...

And this...
A-Rod-Slap1.jpg

Is interference.

a-rod-slap.jpg

Strasburg may have been tipping pitches last night for those of you who didn't watch the post game interviews (I know I didn't). Said it earlier in the thread, Houston is great at picking up on this shit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm going with the Nats solely based on the fact Greinke's career post season track record is sketchy and he's due for a drubbing. Max's playoff track record is much better.

If there is one thing I will remember from this world series, it's the excessive use of Cissy Strut by The Meters before almost every commercial break.

Congrats musky. End of the day Houston was up 3-2 in the series. And game 7 was theirs to lose. Too many missed opportunities and they didn't deserve to win but they should've.
We both had a great season :messenger_heart:

Thank you sir

We will see you at the start of Spring Training :messenger_heart:

GreatnessRD

Welp, I said the Curly Scrubble-U's would do it if it went to 7. Hinch with his best Showalter impersonation by not putting in his best pitcher was laughable.

Congratulations to the Nationals. It was well deserved for getting it done on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom