• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 22 Runs At Dynamic 4K/60 FPS On PS5, Has A Beefy File Size

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
mlb22-740x431.jpeg

The PlayStation Store has listed the details for MLB The Show 22, which will be released for the first time on the Nintendo Switch. It will also be available for the Xbox Series and Xbox One.

It is not a technically demanding game by any means, but it has a large file size of 72 GB, according to the official website. The Nintendo Switch version, by comparison, has a file size of 16 GB.

Some of the PS5’s unique features are also listed.

• Enjoy night games in your created stadiums!
  • Smooth, targeted 60fps gameplay.
  • Crisp, dynamic 4K resolution.*
  • Feel the impact of every hit, catch and collision through the DualSense™ wireless controller’s immersive sensory feedback.
  • Enjoy sound effects in 360 degrees with Tempest 3D AudioTech:**
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K and HDR TV or display.
**3D audio via built-in TV speakers or analog/USB stereo headphones. Set up required.
1-4 players. 2-8 network players. 72 GB minimum storage required. 1 Disc. PlayStation®Plus subscription required for some features. Vibration function supported. Trigger effect function supported.

GreatnessRD

That's usually the XSX version
Ahh OK. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if it runs well? I Almost would buy console gamepass just to access the game on PC if it isn't bad through the cloud. I just can't buy anymore games for my PS4, lol.
Surprised this not coming PC, since its already available on Xbox.
Yeah, straight up hardware-ism. Sony and MLB playing favs and I don't like nothin' bout it!

onesvenus

Ahh OK. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if it runs well? I Almost would buy console gamepass just to access the game on PC if it isn't bad through the cloud. I just can't buy anymore games for my PS4, lol.
It does for me. I play using cloud almost every day but I've read mixed impressions from some posters here. Maybe you should wait and get a month of Gamepass when the game releases and try it on your own computer

REDRZA MWS

Man, I'm still salty this isn't coming to PC. Game would look so glorious on a 6800 XT. :messenger_loudly_crying:

I wonder how it looks on that Xbox cloud stuff for those who use the web browser?
You ain’t playing a sports game, especially baseball that requires precise timing to hit the ball, via any cloud.

DaGwaphics

I wonder how it looks on that Xbox cloud stuff for those who use the web browser?

21 plays fine on the cloud, that's mostly how I used it (trying to save space on my internal drive). Just do it from the Xbox app and not the browser, browser seems to add extra latency for whatever reason.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Man, I'm still salty this isn't coming to PC. Game would look so glorious on a 6800 XT. :messenger_loudly_crying:

I tried out last year's version on xbox cloud and it's just a bit too much latency. I don't think cloud is quite there yet when it comes to games that require very precise timing. Hitting was pretty much impossible.

Umbasaborne

Banned

Yeah, straight up hardware-ism. Sony and MLB playing favs and I don't like nothin' bout it!
You could always buy the ps3, uh i mean switch version

GreatnessRD

You ain’t playing a sports game, especially baseball that requires precise timing to hit the ball, via any cloud.
Yeah, didn't know if their latency issues were that bad or not as I've never used it before or looked at reviews.
You could always buy the ps3, uh i mean switch version
Might as well buy the PS4 version if I'm going to do all that. I'd just rather play with the superior experience... PC, but for whatever Jim Ryan hasn't gone all the way yet. I still have the faith.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Honestly depends on how close you are to a data center lol.

I've had mixed luck with Xcloud games but I generally don't use it for long term, its just to sample something before I put it on the download queue.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Timing is key in these games (as is baseball IRL). I would not play MLB The Show over any streaming service, not even on an internal home network.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do you or HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 have any info on SDS doing a VRR update? I think there was an update this morning but it wasn’t for this.
I do know the game uses traditional vsync so they would need to update with a toggle or modes to remove that.

Also, with VRR enabled, unsupported on and in 120hz mode, some have reported less input lag timing on fastballs, more hit variety due to better timing, and no noticeable framerate dips.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I do know the game uses traditional vsync so they would need to update with a toggle or modes to remove that.

Also, with VRR enabled, unsupported on and in 120hz mode, some have reported less input lag timing on fastballs, more hit variety due to better timing, and no noticeable framerate dips.
Ok. Good to know. I thought since cross gen first party like GT7 and HFW needed it this would too. I’ll give it a try later.
Can they do something like the Insomniac method? That would be awesome

Last edited:

FrankWza

I don't know of any update coming for this and honestly I haven't felt any difference in MLB, but I am old with aging reflexes ;)
SlimySnake SlimySnake

Not sure if it’s the issues with the update or if they’ll be adding support. Some people said it has been added already and that’s what is leading to the issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom