• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Sports MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Feb 8, 2018
Max is slowing down a little, clear victory for me despite that. Division is being gatekept by Ortega & Yair. Should lose #3 ranking but the UFC is pushing for Mexican ppv market & they had their cheerleaders on it.

Calvilo couldn't continue against a well drilled #12 fighter, sad.

Herb with usual shitty reffing, stepping in then deciding to let it continue, good on the fighter for calling it out. Best in the biz folks.

Feb 8, 2018

Wrestling match in Sweden, enjoy while it lasts..
Decent wrestling but nothing from Bors that wows. Hermansson did alright but what we've seen with wrestlers is that they'll stand up & strike when facing another wrestler.

Kamaru could push Bors into later rounds (past 1) & we'll see how his gas tank holds up. Colbys pillow fists will tickle, but LW power (or lack of) won't offend at WW. Leons striking & tdd could be a slippery slope, but it's too early to speculate.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: MaestroMike

SpiceRacz

Feb 27, 2017
Hazuki Dojo
So, Poirier vs Holloway is on the UFC YT channel. My thoughts when I first saw it were Holloway won, which I guess is controversial. This is my first time rewatching it since and I'm more confident now Max should have walked away with the win.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
Conor still has ultra Dana white privilege he'll probably get a title shot immediately if Dustin is champion when he returns or will need to win at least one match if not
Yeah Dustin will wait for McGregor if he wins, him being #9 won't matter. Al Iaquinta got one when he was #8. The situation at LW is busier now so Conor might need to crush a can as you said before his shot.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Dec 5, 2017
Conor still has ultra Dana white privilege he'll probably get a title shot immediately if Dustin is champion when he returns or will need to win at least one match if not

Yeah Dustin will wait for McGregor if he wins, him being #9 won't matter. Al Iaquinta got one when he was #8. The situation at LW is busier now so Conor might need to crush a can as you said before his shot.

If Dustin has the belt then yes possibly Conor could go straight for the title fight. If its someone else with it I doubt Conor would get a direct title shot coming off a loss like that.

MaestroMike

Sep 25, 2011
For some reason I was always under the impression fiziev was a welterweight haha had a nice win/highlight yesterday

aldo had a nice win as well would like to see him fight TJ next lot of good fights this weekend

Reactions: Unknown Quantity
Feb 8, 2018
For some reason I was always under the impression fiziev was a welterweight haha had a nice win/highlight yesterday

aldo had a nice win as well would like to see him fight TJ next lot of good fights this weekend

He's learnt from his 1st loss which is good, but Lightweight is stacked & unless he gets a fan in ufc to pick his opponents. It won't be easy. The guy above (Magomed) lost to Kevin Lee. If wrestling/grappling/sambo is not one of the mixed martial arts in your arsenal, it won't be easy.

• Thoughtful