• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

MaestroMike

Gold Member
why have ppl seemingly erased the fact that Gilbert Burns beat the hell out of Khazmat Chimaev.

I gotta re-watch it chimaev won, but I remember it being pretty even I think I remember remember reading he didn't want to wrestle too much with gilbert because of his jiu-jitsu I wonder if he'll stand with Nate too

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Maybe it might have a Glover and Jiri rematch and Moreno vs. Figgy 4. Charles is fighting in October whether he wins or lose it'll be around 3 months until the Brazil event so it might be enough time for him to recover and be cleared to be on it as well.

edit:

lol maybe 283 might not have the rematch I wonder what's going to headline the december event maybe a heavyweight match ?? ngannou's last fight was in january if hes not ready from knee surgery they might have another interim heavyweight title fight maybe Jon Jones will be ready to go. I think he might be set to fight Miocic.

Last edited:
Some Crazy moments today. Good to see Tyson Pedro back and winning after so long. Rockhold won a huge amount of respect even in a unanimous loss and that headkick against Usman was out of nowhere and perfectly executed.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
That is definitely a step up from Woodley. My expectation is Silva cruises to a decision. Silva has fought better competition in the ring and looked really good doing it.

I have Silva winning too hopefully it doesn't get called off like Jakes last two fights kinda wanna see this

Toots

Gold Member
That is definitely a step up from Woodley. My expectation is Silva cruises to a decision. Silva has fought better competition in the ring and looked really good doing it.
I wish i was optimistic as you guys.

I'm afraid Silva has slowed down too much with age and he won't be really threatening to Paul. I'm afraid of what could happen if he decides to do some old school Spider, dodging punches with his hands down. With his age and wear and tear, i'm not sure he can take Paul (even tho it hurts me more than having my ass tear in half to say it :messenger_grinning_sweat:) ...
I goddam hope i'm wrong tho.

I don't know really what he did after UFC and i remember a pretty hard fall from grace in his 3 or 4 last fight there, but your comment SpiceRacz made me go check his boxing record, which looks nice (3-1 with one bout against chavez jr. and a ko of ortiz -i'm sure dana gave him a little something for that :messenger_grinning_sweat:- ) so let's hope your right and i'm wrong.

In other news i'm so hyped for Adesanya v Pereira i can't wait for november !

Toots

Gold Member
What a turn of event...
That scale fail was such a shit show... How can one be so talented and such a moron at the same time. And uncle Dana still playing favorites and not punishing smesh boy for his failure...
But my real question is :
Is Chimaev a moron by himself or does he stop caring when he is under Tiil influence ?
Is Till so unprofessional that he is managing to tank not only his but Chimaev's carrer also ??

MaestroMike

Gold Member

never heard of this guy until like last month seeing a lot of hype this and that 17 yr old rosas from last week

Last edited:
Top Bottom