• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You're not referring to me though are you

In any case Roberts audio is very muted/distorted. Looks like a typical back and forth to be honest.

Robert 😻

Try again

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
XjmHPRZ.jpg

Gonna bury this fool

GymWolf

You're not referring to me though are you

In any case Roberts audio is very muted/distorted. Looks like a typical back and forth to be honest.

Robert 😻

Try again
I don't need to try again, you just have to listen what the cunt says.

Even rob doesn't know what to say because of the share stupidity of that comparison.

Felder making it about him and retiring during a card that he's not even on lmao

And this is like the third time he retires/mentions it? And every time it was on a UFC card. You know, not like a lot of people do that just post it on their Twitter. Nah, Felder needs that TV attention to make sure as many people watch him. Its ridiculous, so many fighters on this card and then HE gets a post fight conference moment lol even though his last fight was 6 months ago.

Last edited:
Felder & Bisping are so shit at this commentary thing, scoring rounds & reacting like idiots is where they're at.

Feldor retiring from the commentary table & not leaving the gloves in the ring is fine. He doesn't deserve to be in the octagon. He'll keep telling us about his triathlons & amateur understanding of MMA.

Would've preferred to see Zabit fighting Max or title shot. He's semi retired now, maybe back next year. Shame not to see how Zabeasts story plays out.

Yair hasn't fought since Oct 19 against Stephens I believe. Hope Max retires him.

Should be a decent match, hope to see Max continuing his ascendency and battering of opponents. 3rd/4th round KO for Max if he maintains distance for early rounds.

Islam fighting same night so hopefully seeing at least 2 good matches.

Last edited:
First episode of TUF was good. I missed this show.
It's good for getting fans, if you want a contract go for contender series where you can get it with 1 good win or win TUF.

Fight Night had a return for Rozenstruiks heavy hands. Fight was stopped 1st round with 1 second left. Cruz who complained so much that his stoppage was premature, was a quiet little bitch this stoppage. Disappointed in Dom "gun machine" Cruz but the commentary team were as shit as usual.

Refs inconsistentaly bad, almost as bad as the judging.

It's good for getting fans, if you want a contract go for contender series where you can get it with 1 good win or win TUF.

Fight Night had a return for Rozenstruiks heavy hands. Fight was stopped 1st round with 1 second left. Cruz who complained so much that his stoppage was premature, was a quiet little bitch this stoppage. Disappointed in Dom "gun machine" Cruz but the commentary team were as shit as usual.

Refs inconsistentaly bad, almost as bad as the judging.
i dont recall thinking Jones lost that fight. The only fight i think Jones lost was that first Gustafsson fight. And if the dudes ACL wasn't falling off the bone he would've lost to that one legged Thiago dude.

Reyes fight was close. But u got to beat Jon jones. almost doesn't count. (also i hate jones so its not rose tinted glasses)

i dont recall thinking Jones lost that fight. The only fight i think Jones lost was that first Gustafsson fight. And if the dudes ACL wasn't falling off the bone he would've lost to that one legged Thiago dude.

Reyes fight was close. But u got to beat Jon jones. almost doesn't count. (also i hate jones so its not rose tinted glasses)
The judging in the ufc is pretty inconsistent & biased that you get unwarranted split decisions consistently. Jon Jones gets ire because he knows the system & plays it very well. Eye pokes he perfected & its a thing that very rarely gets minuses which I think is very stupid. We all know the rules. Grab the fence to stop a takedown, timeouts for low blows inconsistent af. Latifi got 10-8 against when herb didn't want to take a to for the eyepoke & Salimov got eyepokes in the 3rd when his opponent needed a breather & no warning. We'll go mad trying to solve these problems.

Amirkhani lost in this last event when he took his opponent down in all three rounds & had minutes of control. One judge gave his opponent 30-27 in a unanimous decision. Huh.

I had Moreno winning against Figueiredo & didn't agree with the draw but we'll see this weekend. MaestroMike MaestroMike let us know in the thread when the threads up. The event is stacked to shit with good fights on all 3 cards.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
The judging in the ufc is pretty inconsistent & biased that you get unwarranted split decisions consistently. Jon Jones gets ire because he knows the system & plays it very well. Eye pokes he perfected & its a thing that very rarely gets minuses which I think is very stupid. We all know the rules. Grab the fence to stop a takedown, timeouts for low blows inconsistent af. Latifi got 10-8 against when herb didn't want to take a to for the eyepoke & Salimov got eyepokes in the 3rd when his opponent needed a breather & no warning. We'll go mad trying to solve these problems.

Amirkhani lost in this last event when he took his opponent down in all three rounds & had minutes of control. One judge gave his opponent 30-27 in a unanimous decision. Huh.

I had Moreno winning against Figueiredo & didn't agree with the draw but we'll see this weekend. MaestroMike MaestroMike let us know in the thread when the threads up. The event is stacked to shit with good fights on all 3 cards.

got the base of it up !

Would've preferred to see Zabit fighting Max or title shot. He's semi retired now, maybe back next year. Shame not to see how Zabeasts story plays out.

Yair hasn't fought since Oct 19 against Stephens I believe. Hope Max retires him.

Should be a decent match, hope to see Max continuing his ascendency and battering of opponents. 3rd/4th round KO for Max if he maintains distance for early rounds.

Islam fighting same night so hopefully seeing at least 2 good matches.

Giga is a great fight, in the same period Yair didn't fight he won 6 straight.

Be very surprised if Yair signs, I'd expect him to pull out a week or two before fight.

Korean zombie event tonight, everyone made weight.

Giga is a great fight, in the same period Yair didn't fight he won 6 straight.

Be very surprised if Yair signs, I'd expect him to pull out a week or two before fight.

Korean zombie event tonight, everyone made weight.

5 rounder now, Yair waiting for Max...

Looks good, five rounds would be great.

Looks like Chimaev sticking to 170 for the time being, good call. Move up when the weight cut gets difficult, 185 will be easier fights than 170. This would've been bad for Rockhold.

manfestival

Dude about time.... Chimaev... come on man. Show the world what you are really about. I wonder why he ducked Rockhold. Dude is on the backend of his career. I agree, Rockhold was just pusing his luck.

wonder who's gonna step in

That 0 stays put.

Interim HW is beyond ridiculous. Volkanovski hasn't fought since mid-2020 & we haven't had an interim champ, Petr Yan should've got an interim since Sterlings out as well (he'll beat anyone within a weight class). HW hasn't had more than a title fight a year since 2019 & in 2018 6 months between them. Fuck Dana & their Business dickhead.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
That 0 stays put.

Interim HW is beyond ridiculous. Volkanovski hasn't fought since mid-2020 & we haven't had an interim champ, Petr Yan should've got an interim since Sterlings out as well (he'll beat anyone within a weight class). HW hasn't had more than a title fight a year since 2019 & in 2018 6 months between them. Fuck Dana & their Business dickhead.

I don't understand it at all honestly I thought he would fight again at the end of the year & wouldn't be scheduled this soon I like derrick but I don't think the fight with gane will be a big draw for the august ppv anyways itll be a interesting match tho. maybe they just want to make it an interim title fight to lock in francis' next opponent. derricks still taking a big risk saying yes to fighting gane because he was already locked in to fight francis for the actual title I thought since they were passing on jones. might end up in a tony ferguson-type situation when he lost to gaethje & lost his title fight to khabib.

edit: maybe malley can fight chito vera again since chito never really won according to the suga state athletic commission lol

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
saw the UFC post this last night. was going to post it here but I went to bed instead lol.
This is a fight that I totally look forward to seeing.
My pick would be Lawler on this one. Both guys have fantastic fights under their belts.
Never really watched Nick fight only Nate curious to see how they compare

Crazy to think how long ago their first fight was. I didnt see it live but I watched it pretty shortly thereafter. The first live UFC I saw was UFC 51 I believe.
Nice, my first exposure to ufc was through friends (TV show). Mma through cage fighting in North London (didn't compete) its still quite amateur compared to other sports.

Ufc 204 in London was first full ppv (5 years ago). Had Bisping, Mousasi, Vitor , Manuwa, Leon Edwards & Mike Perry at early prelims. Was quite inebriated at the event, didn't think I'd get in or get served anymore. They were cool with it. Saw most of main card. Watched it properly at home. Cheers for reminder.

Im a fan of that Bunny

manfestival

Tonight's card is very solid. imo better than the ppv last week. Islam is the real rising star that Sean O Malley wishes to be. okokok I know cheap shot and unnecessary.

Islam and Zabit are two guys that I am always excited to watch. Though Zabit has a glaring issue with his late game cardio. Islam does not seem to have the same struggle.

The ducking continues. Chandler & the 7 others ahead of Islam other than RDA need to start fighting. Dariush, Oliveira & Islam have winning streaks and THEY need to be challenged. Islam should move ahead of Hooker on the ranks come Monday & possibly McGregor. Being an active fighter should be rewarded.
X0l4GJn.jpg

Looks better now. Chandler angling for Gaethje, Islam v Dariush?

Top Bottom