• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Max is slowing down a little, clear victory for me despite that. Division is being gatekept by Ortega & Yair. Should lose #3 ranking but the UFC is pushing for Mexican ppv market & they had their cheerleaders on it.

Calvilo couldn't continue against a well drilled #12 fighter, sad.

Herb with usual shitty reffing, stepping in then deciding to let it continue, good on the fighter for calling it out. Best in the biz folks.

Wrestling match in Sweden, enjoy while it lasts..

Decent wrestling but nothing from Bors that wows. Hermansson did alright but what we've seen with wrestlers is that they'll stand up & strike when facing another wrestler.

Kamaru could push Bors into later rounds (past 1) & we'll see how his gas tank holds up. Colbys pillow fists will tickle, but LW power (or lack of) won't offend at WW. Leons striking & tdd could be a slippery slope, but it's too early to speculate.

SpiceRacz

So, Poirier vs Holloway is on the UFC YT channel. My thoughts when I first saw it were Holloway won, which I guess is controversial. This is my first time rewatching it since and I'm more confident now Max should have walked away with the win.

Last edited:
Conor still has ultra Dana white privilege he'll probably get a title shot immediately if Dustin is champion when he returns or will need to win at least one match if not
Yeah Dustin will wait for McGregor if he wins, him being #9 won't matter. Al Iaquinta got one when he was #8. The situation at LW is busier now so Conor might need to crush a can as you said before his shot.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Conor still has ultra Dana white privilege he'll probably get a title shot immediately if Dustin is champion when he returns or will need to win at least one match if not

Yeah Dustin will wait for McGregor if he wins, him being #9 won't matter. Al Iaquinta got one when he was #8. The situation at LW is busier now so Conor might need to crush a can as you said before his shot.

If Dustin has the belt then yes possibly Conor could go straight for the title fight. If its someone else with it I doubt Conor would get a direct title shot coming off a loss like that.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
For some reason I was always under the impression fiziev was a welterweight haha had a nice win/highlight yesterday

aldo had a nice win as well would like to see him fight TJ next lot of good fights this weekend

For some reason I was always under the impression fiziev was a welterweight haha had a nice win/highlight yesterday

aldo had a nice win as well would like to see him fight TJ next lot of good fights this weekend

1qCSsMe.gif

gPac9kP.gif

He's learnt from his 1st loss which is good, but Lightweight is stacked & unless he gets a fan in ufc to pick his opponents. It won't be easy. The guy above (Magomed) lost to Kevin Lee. If wrestling/grappling/sambo is not one of the mixed martial arts in your arsenal, it won't be easy.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
1qCSsMe.gif

gPac9kP.gif

He's learnt from his 1st loss which is good, but Lightweight is stacked & unless he gets a fan in ufc to pick his opponents. It won't be easy. The guy above (Magomed) lost to Kevin Lee. If wrestling/grappling/sambo is not one of the mixed martial arts in your arsenal, it won't be easy.

might be tested soon gregor Gillespie is one ranking above him then conor, hooker, ferguson and RDA and I don't think they'll give him conor might be up against hooker next if they pass gillespie

might be tested soon gregor Gillespie is one ranking above him then conor, hooker, ferguson and RDA and I don't think they'll give him conor might be up against hooker next if they pass gillespie
Gillespie v Fiziev is a very interesting match unless Hasbulla comes into play. Hooker looks like he's moving to 145 & the rest don't want to be a stepping stone, we'll see I guess. I hope Eagle fc starting next year in the states will move mma forward as a competitive sport.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
lol I found it funny how masvidal got "injured" for the leon fight & is now fighting colby after colby suggested it after his loss to usman and they're now headlining a ppv even though they both lost to Usman twice. but now dana is saying Leon is next up to fight usman so I guess Leon is getting something good out of it not sure when that fight will take place but I really wanted to see that masvidal/leon fight last month that was some bs they're probably going to try to make that fight happen again after these two take place.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
lol I found it funny how masvidal got "injured" for the leon fight & is now fighting colby after colby suggested it after his loss to usman and they're now headlining a ppv even though they both lost to Usman twice. but now dana is saying Leon is next up to fight usman so I guess Leon is getting something good out of it not sure when that fight will take place but I really wanted to see that masvidal/leon fight last month that was some bs they're probably going to try to make that fight happen again after these two take place.

Regardless Masvidal vs Covington is more interesting to me due to the bad blood former friends angle. You dont get a lot of that in modern MMA.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Regardless Masvidal vs Covington is more interesting to me due to the bad blood former friends angle. You dont get a lot of that in modern MMA.
The hype leading up to the fight should be entertaining but stylistically I think it's a wrestler vs striker match and I'm wondering if Colby is going to stand with Masvidal in the beginning rounds or if he's going to go for takedowns and try to tire him out a bit to take some of the sting off of his strikes. But maybe Colby will stand more with Masvidal since Masvidal got KO'd for the first time in his last fight with Usman and might appear to be less intimidating but Colby should still be cautious since striking is still Masvidal's strength.

I was excited for Masvidal/Leon because they're both strikers and Masvidal had the incident with Leon punching him backstage I was excited to see how that was going to play out. Not too sure who would win Masvidal/Leon, but I think Colby will get the win against Masvidal as of right now.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The hype leading up to the fight should be entertaining but stylistically I think it's a wrestler vs striker match and I'm wondering if Colby is going to stand with Masvidal in the beginning rounds or if he's going to go for takedowns and try to tire him out a bit to take some of the sting off of his strikes. But maybe Colby will stand more with Masvidal since Masvidal got KO'd for the first time in his last fight with Usman and might appear to be less intimidating but Colby should still be cautious since striking is still Masvidal's strength.

I was excited for Masvidal/Leon because they're both strikers and Masvidal had the incident with Leon punching him backstage I was excited to see how that was going to play out. Not too sure who would win Masvidal/Leon, but I think Colby will get the win against Masvidal as of right now.

Agreed, Covington shoudl get the win as long as he doesnt fight with ego. Ya i forgot about the Masvidal Leon incident but Leon should be in the upper eschalon while Masvidal is middle high level at this point. He wont be fighting for a title again while Leon could. If Masvidal loses even though its a couple in a row I think the UFC still keeps him around, and he still may fight leon.

Top Bottom