• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern warfare 2 has forced cross play between pc and Xbox, playstation can opt out

I would love the option to disable matchmaking with controller players. I want to play against people, not aim assist.
How can you say that when even with aim assist you have an advantage over controller users? It's one thing to say "I don't want to have any advantage over anyone else" but instead you're just being ignorant for the sake of your PC bias.

You're trying to change the narrative for politics. In what reality has controller ever been easier to play an FPS than a mouse and keyboard?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So which is actually better -
Mouse and keyboard
Or
Controller with aim assist

Because it doesn't seem like anyone agrees on this simple point.

ANIMAL1975

Call of duty has gotten cross play since modern warfare 2019 reboot, but it looks like pc and Xbox are forced to cross play, while playstation can opt out.

Given how close Activision and Microsoft are now, especially close to a acquisition, it seems odd that playstation is the only platform that can opt out, like if its a paid exclusive feature.

Microsoft doesn't force cross play, so it should be as easy to opt out on xbox as well.

I couldn't find a thread about it so if it's already been discussed then I apologise.

https://www.theloadout.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/crossplay
Maybe Sony has requested the feature to be optional, but the others forgot their filthy casuals and didn't... And they probably have a big player count of those with Series S.

I for one don't care about any of that _ cheaters, mk or control _ everyone is welcome,.... and needed to my bodycount and headshot stats.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
If controllers didn't have any form for heavy aim assist then there would be no such thing as a "good controller player", because of input boundaries.
I go beyond. There is no such thing as "good controller (or whatever input) player" if any aim assist is present.

Last edited:

nikos

How can you say that when even with aim assist you have an advantage over controller users? It's one thing to say "I don't want to have any advantage over anyone else" but instead you're just being ignorant for the sake of your PC bias.

You're trying to change the narrative for politics. In what reality has controller ever been easier to play an FPS than a mouse and keyboard?

Take a look at this. Notice the right stick isn't being touched until towards the end of the video. Then, even with the slightest bit of movement, aim assist turns up to 11. Almost all of the tracking is handled by aim assist. The laughable amount of recoil CoD has is handled by the player.

It's easier for people who grew up on CoD to play on a controller than a mouse. I've seen top controller players try a mouse and be horrible at the game, then go back to controller and drop their 30-50 bombs in Warzone because that's what they're used to. Those players can look around just as fast as somebody with a mouse can, add aim assist to that and they have a huge advantage. Then there are devices like Cronus, which even Fortnite recently banned but CoD devs don't seem to care about.

This game does as much as it can to give bad players a chance against good ones. As a result, those players never improve and good players who die to bullshit end up frustrated. Not everybody picked up a mouse and was good at FPS, it took practice. With assists, you can get away with being mediocre forever.

It sucks getting killed and instead of saying "nice shot" I immediately think "fucking aim assist," which is why I try to play games where I can respect somebody for winning.

That's why I'd like to play with other mouse users only.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
M+kb with aim assist.

"Xim players laughs."
With games like COD and Apex up close combat rotational aim assist will help a lesser player beat a KBM player so I guess its pretty situational

Picked up this game for the PS5 and amazing how fast I can find a match with cross play off IN THE GAME MENU

Pelta88

Are people really trying to create a false equivalency between aim assist on console and system breaking software aka hacks?

Aim assist is the standard setting on console for every player. Hacks that people are currently selling on PC are game breaking and gives players aimbots and wall hacks. I just checked youtube and discord and they are being sold with some hilarious and at the same time, sad, compilation vids.

poppabk poppabk Should have made the avatar bet.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Are people really trying to create a false equivalency between aim assist on console and system breaking software aka hacks?

Aim assist is the standard setting on console for every player. Hacks that people are currently selling on PC are game breaking and gives players aimbots and wall hacks. I just checked youtube and discord and they are being sold with some hilarious and at the same time, sad, compilation vids.

poppabk poppabk Should have made the avatar bet.
Hacks are 100% why I want to avoid playing against PC players

Honestly with how SBMM works even if kbm gives someone an advantage you are going to be playing against people roughly your skill level anyhow

I have already run into people aim botting who were on PC.

It was only 2 people grouped together but the final kill cam 100% confirmed they were aim botting

Top Bottom