• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare II Multiplayer & Warzone 2.0 | Call of Duty: NEXT Reveal Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

WvkDx8G.jpg

3RD Person Mode, RAID & DMZ Mode Confirmed

Introducing Al Mazrah - the brand-new Battle Royale map for Warzone 2
  • Built for Next Gen
  • New Multi-Circle closure
  • Water combat
  • Gulag 2.0 T
  • ake on enemies at Strongholds
  • Plus more

Fctr7h0XkAcNfdM

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Well that looks like shit. Maybe the 3rd person mode will be interesting but other than than it already looks incredibly dated. Hopefully the campaign will be good and DMZ is fun, but for regular miltiplayer I'll stock with Insurgency for now.

MikeM

I’m enjoying CW and Halo quite a bit. This would need to be really good to pull me away from them.

Fuck Warzone.

SLB1904

Banned
Do we know what the RAID & DMZ modes are yet?

Only thing I've heard is the DMZ is supposed to be a "Tarkov" like mode... that's kind of the mode I'm most wanting to see news on.
Never play tarkov don't even know how it supposed to work. I've only see a few clips that looks pretty realistic kinda type gameplay. I would be down for something like that

Never play tarkov don't even know how it supposed to work. I've only see a few clips that looks pretty realistic kinda type gameplay. I would be down for something like that
I believe Tarkov is based on ARMA 3... NGL Tarkov is one of the most hardcore games I've ever "tried" playing. I say tried cause, I failed LOL I still new to PC gaming and it was one of the first games I tried... BIG MISTAKE. I couldn't even remember my damn keybindings. The barrier to entry is high, the highest I have ever seen in a game. I couldn't even remember my keybinds, there is so many of them LOL

You are correct it is a realistic "type" of shooter. Its a looter shooter. You gear up for a raid, whatever you bring into the raid you MUST bring out successfully or you lose it. There are about 4-5 different types of meds, they all kinda do different things. You have to keep track of your ammo, there is no hud that tells you how much ammo you have. You physically look at your mag to see how much you have left. There isn't even a MAP! Friendly fire is a real threat just ask Dr. Lupo lol Everything you do takes time, healing, eating, drinking, reloading... it is high stakes, super intense.

DMZ is supposed to pull back on the "hardcoreness" of Tarkov so that it's easier to get into.... my fingers are crossed. If you're looking for something like it, Marauders (on Steam) is just getting out of Final Beta and releasing early Oct. I was able to get a few raids in an it's like Tarkov with a lower barrier to entry. It's nowhere as fast as COD, but I think it's faster than Tarkov.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I believe Tarkov is based on ARMA 3... NGL Tarkov is one of the most hardcore games I've ever "tried" playing. I say tried cause, I failed LOL I still new to PC gaming and it was one of the first games I tried... BIG MISTAKE. I couldn't even remember my damn keybindings. The barrier to entry is high, the highest I have ever seen in a game. I couldn't even remember my keybinds, there is so many of them LOL

You are correct it is a realistic "type" of shooter. Its a looter shooter. You gear up for a raid, whatever you bring into the raid you MUST bring out successfully or you lose it. There are about 4-5 different types of meds, they all kinda do different things. You have to keep track of your ammo, there is no hud that tells you how much ammo you have. You physically look at your mag to see how much you have left. There isn't even a MAP! Friendly fire is a real threat just ask Dr. Lupo lol Everything you do takes time, healing, eating, drinking, reloading... but, it is high stakes, super intense.

DMZ is supposed to pull back on the "hardcoreness" of Tarkov so that it's easier to get into.... my fingers are crossed. If you're looking for something like it, Marauders (on Steam) is just getting out of Final Beta and releasing early Oct. I was able to get a few raids in an it's like Tarkov with a lower barrier to entry. It's no where as fast as COD, but I think it's faster than Tarkov.
Yeah that sounds sick

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It looks like a PS4 game and plays like a PS3 game. It's sad to see the franchise regress after the audience rejected the jetpacks and future warfare. I quite liked Blops 3 MP and infinite Warfare's SP. This looks virtually identical to MW 2019 and Warzone 1.

What a shame. This is a very talented studio being forced to slave away on dated hardware and a stale franchise.

Didn't we just have modern warfare 2 remake/remaster 2-3 years ago?
I had to look it up... COD: Confusing

Main series​

Titles in the Call of Duty series
TitleYearPlatformLead developer
Call of Duty2003Windows, macOS, N-Gage, PS3, X360Infinity Ward
Call of Duty 22005Windows, macOS, X360, J2MEInfinity Ward
Call of Duty 32006PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox, X360, J2METreyarch
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare2007Windows, macOS, NDS, PS3, PS4 (Remastered), Wii, X360, XONE (Remastered), J2MEInfinity Ward (Original), Raven Software (Remastered)
Call of Duty: World at War2008Windows, NDS, PS3, Wii, X360, Windows Mobile, J2METreyarch
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 22009Windows, macOS, NDS, PS3, X360Infinity Ward (Original), Beenox (Remastered)
Call of Duty: Black Ops2010Windows, macOS, NDS, PS3, Wii, X360, J2METreyarch
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 32011Windows, macOS, NDS, PS3, Wii, X360Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games
Call of Duty: Black Ops II2012Windows, PS3, Wii U, X360Treyarch
Call of Duty: Ghosts2013Windows, PS3, PS4, Wii U, X360, XONEInfinity Ward
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare2014Windows, PS3, PS4, X360, XONESledgehammer Games
Call of Duty: Black Ops III2015Windows, macOS, PS3, PS4, X360, XONETreyarch
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare2016Windows, PS4, XONEInfinity Ward
Call of Duty: WWII2017Windows, PS4, XONESledgehammer Games
Call of Duty: Black Ops 42018Windows, PS4, XONETreyarch
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare2019Windows, PS4, XONEInfinity Ward
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War2020Windows, PS4, PS5, XONE, XSXSTreyarch, Raven Software
Call of Duty: Vanguard2021Windows, PS4, PS5, XONE, XSXSSledgehammer Games
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II2022Windows, PS4, PS5, XONE, XSXSInfinity Ward

Markio128

I wouldn’t be surprised, once the Acti deal goes through and the franchise hits gamepass, that COD just becomes a multiplayer only game. I mean, they’ll be desperate to make their money back on micro transactions and probably won’t feel the need to make any effort with a single player portion. Good times ahead.

Calverz

I wouldn’t be surprised, once the Acti deal goes through and the franchise hits gamepass, that COD just becomes a multiplayer only game. I mean, they’ll be desperate to make their money back on micro transactions and probably won’t feel the need to make any effort with a single player portion. Good times ahead.
Remember when activision tried this with black ops 4 and vowed to not repeat the mistake again?

Markio128

Remember when activision tried this with black ops 4 and vowed to not repeat the mistake again?
That was when they were trying to justify people paying full retail price for the game. That won’t be an issue once it becomes solely gamepass fodder.

Rac3r

I expected more from Infinity Ward. MW2019 was a big leap in the right direction and I'm not getting the same excitement from this. WZ does look much improved from Caldera, but again, minimal gains from Verdansk.

Barakov

Gold Member
Call of Duty 19 is looking alright. They butchered that song with the remix just to fit the trailer they cut. No reason it should be that bad. Really surprised about the 3rd person thing. Seems like it'd really helpful in Warzone.

Dzab

Been watching some streamers play the WZ2 beta at an event. The gameplay is certainly a lot slower.
Only three armour plates max. Climbing/mantling seems slower too.
I really don't like the new looting system, it's like Apex -- having to open a little menu and pick items. I think it just slows the gameplay down too much too, fiddly.
Seems a lot less vertical too.

DonJorginho

Banned
So how do you access the figital preorder beta on ps5.
if you pre-ordered the game via PS Store just search in the store for the Modern Warfare 2 open beta and it should let you download it, and it'll already have you down as one of those automatically able to play this weekend.

//DEVIL//

I mean not gonna spoil my self. Wanna play it and that's it without watching videos . It doesn't do this game justice.

However, I am interested to know when can I play the beta if I already bought the game on Steam ?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Didn't we just have modern warfare 2 remake/remaster 2-3 years ago?
Yup. That was the SP campaign remaster of the 2009 game.

Activision realized if they rename their recent games based on the old MW titles from the 360/PS3 days it'll sell better than calling it something else.

At some point they'll do another WWII game. They'll probably hark back to nostalgia again and call in World at War.

jm89

Haven't played a call of duty since blops 4, lets see if this can bring me back in.

Whats the beverage of choice to help me keep up with the kids in the beta tomorrow?

Top Bottom