• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MONARK - Combat Trailer (PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC)

Amin_Parker

Can you fight against the Pactbearers...as well as the madness? Stand alongside your allies, harness the power of your Ego, and take up arms against the corrupted forces in the Otherworld in MONARK! Coming February 22, 2022 to PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC!

I think I'll pick this up on the Nintendo Switch next year

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Isn't this the game being developed by the original SMT creators?

The game looks a bit too edgy for me but whatever, I'll give it a try.

CamHostage

Is it turn based or grid based? Can't really tell.

Yeah, was thinking the same... "Combat Trailer" should give some idea of the combat system, not just show a bunch of triggered strike animations, but you do see a little bit of the grid at least.

Isn't this the game being developed by the original SMT creators?

Yes, Monark is the Kazunari Suzuki / Ryotaro Ito / Tsukasa Masuko / Aya Nishitani project. (Seems to have its fair share of FuRyu in it too...)

Pejo

Need a better gameplay video before I decide on this. If it's a grid based tactics game, I probably won't bite. The gameplay always ends up being too slow and I end up quitting a few hours in.

R6Rider

Gold Member
this looks horrible and wack, the music, the design, the writing, the action...uhr
how dare you GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Monark reviewed by Cameron Hawkins on PlayStation 5.

Monark has a lot of interesting ideas that could have come together into a great tactical JRPG, but what's here feels more like a prototype. Its Madness mechanic adds interesting choices to its fights, but is mostly irrelevant and annoying outside of combat. And while its well-voiced party members eventually grow on you, I wish I had more time to directly interact with them so I cared about their wellbeing when it came to major moments in the plot. The real drag, though, is the repetition in the mission structures, which is the same sequence of events and dull puzzles over and over again with very little variety.

Totally the wrong song choice for the trailer.

Once I heard that beat, I no longer gave a shit about the game and my attention was transfixed on the music.

Top Bottom