• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise Coming to Current-Gen Consoles and Game Pass in 2023

demigod

Probably because a lot of XBOX players test the game because it's included in Gamepass, but more like a demo than with the intention of master the game. I'm sure all the players that pay full price in other systems have an approach to the game different to a lot of Gamepass players. And I say that because I have Gamepass and I will install and try the game but I'm not reallly interested in playing it.
Damn casuals!
Time to download Monster Hunter, play it for an hour and get reminded why I don’t enjoy Monster Hunter games again I guess.
Git Gud

Mercador

I played a bit, if I use the Cross Armor, is it like cheating? I haven't crafted any armor and I'm 3* missions..?

I’m liking it so far about 10 hours in, I wish it were a little more open on the multiplayer end, and I kinda prefer the hunting down mechanic from World. It feels a little clunkier than World on Insect Glaive (because I can’t ever put that weapon down) but I suspect it‘s just going from high level IG in World to the lowest level in this and the bug especially seems slow as fuck.

Last edited:
I’m liking it so far about 10 hours in, I wish it were a little more open on the multiplayer end, and I kinda prefer the hunting down mechanic from World. It feels a little clunkier than World on Insect Glaive (because I can’t ever put that weapon down) but I suspect it just from going high level IG in that to the lowest level in this (the bug is slow as fuck).
There's bugs in base Rise that give you 2 extracts in one go so that should somewhat alleviate the slow speed.

I played a bit, if I use the Cross Armor, is it like cheating? I haven't crafted any armor and I'm 3* missions..?
Kinda. It will get you through low rank easily from what I remember. The skills are meant for gathering rather than hunting but its defense lasts you quite a while.

Mercador

Def rating is 24. The lastest armor I can craft offer a Def ranking of 16 so yeah it feels overpowered. I just hope I don't get wrong reflexes.

Top Bottom