• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise Coming to Current-Gen Consoles and Game Pass in 2023

Chukhopops

I love the smoothness but I don’t think I can stomach the grind a second time to the endgame, even if I switch to a ranged weapon (couldn’t get used to 30fps aiming on Switch).

It’s nice that they patched some of the QOL stuff from Sunbreak already.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hey what's the combo timing in Rise. After the full first animation ends, press press press...? I'm trying different stuff but can't find consistency
Immediately after hit confirm, slightly before or after. Etc

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Hey what's the combo timing in Rise. After the full first animation ends, press press press...? I'm trying different stuff but can't find consistency
Which weapon are you using? They all have different moves.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Training big sword. But does it matter? Like is it press press press or wait for hit confirmation before going into the second combo etc
I play charge blade, and I try to not mash buttons at all. So for me, it's press wait, press wait, press wait, monster is dead.

Chukhopops

Training big sword. But does it matter? Like is it press press press or wait for hit confirmation before going into the second combo etc
It does matter a lot, basically there are 11 melee weapons with each their moves. I’m not a greatsword expert but I recommend watching a 5-minute tutorial to get the basis concepts. It’s not really a combo-based weapon though.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I play charge blade, and I try to not mash buttons at all. So for me, it's press wait, press wait, press wait, monster is dead.
It does matter a lot, basically there are 11 melee weapons with each their moves. I’m not a greatsword expert but I recommend watching a 5-minute tutorial to get the basis concepts. It’s not really a combo-based weapon though.

Yeah I get that.

Just wondering if there was a universal timing regarding combos. Wait until animation is done before second press etc. Animation and hit confirmation doenst matter etc. Oh well thanks anyways mates.

It's more about WHEN I should press again for the combo to continue.

I'll watch some yt. Dont want to button mash. And yes ofcourse I understand each weapon has a different timing associated with it.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Yea okay…it took me about an hour to figure out how to even access the stuff I moved to my bag from the box.

Not sure what to say lol, its not a huge complaint for most people, but if its enough to stop you playing at all you must really struggle with it. Ive never had an issue personally. I also play MH with my daughter who is 10 and she didnt have any trouble with item management either.

Im struggling to get to used to the wirebug mechanic though, so I'm not exactly in a position to mock you 🤣

Thing is I love the games so much I preservere through hardships

Kacho

Gold Member
Never really thought about it but I queue my next attack after the sword connects or hits the ground. Sometimes you want to rollout instead of landing another attack so you have the brief window to choose as long as you aren’t mashing.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Why is the digital foundry thread closed?

It's a shame really. Easily the most definitive comparison since this is the only time we see console game have PC options. You can run them perfectly like for like and have more concrete comparisons. Not sure why the mods locked. You will always get warrior side talk with DF videos. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's a shame really. Easily the most definitive comparison since this is the only time we see console game have PC options. You can run them perfectly like for like and have more concrete comparisons. Not sure why the mods locked. You will always get warrior side talk with DF videos. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.
I'd say it's a pretty bad test when they don't even try multiplayer or bother unlocking all the starting areas and therefor keep saying stuff like how they guess/imagine that later areas/encounters/multiplayer may hit harder or whatever. Especially when they note some drops on some systems on whatever mode even on these tame/solo scenarios which means that it's very possible the average multiplayer hunt with all kinds of effects going off left and right might not be so close to the locked whatever fps experience they tout for some modes that have few drops during the test.

Freeman76

Agreed. I think World has broken HDR on Series X for some reason.

Yeah the difference is massive. I was playing MHW right up to release of Rise on XSX and was amazed at how much sharper Rise is and how the colours pop. Admittedly in performance mode it isnt quite as drastic but it runs flawless in graphics mode at 60 anyway so I see no point running it in performance mode. Very impressed with the conversion job they did here

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I have to completely disagree, this looks like shit compared to World. The Switch roots are very evident
giphy.gif

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know the best graphics settings for 60fps on Series X?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know the best graphics settings for 60fps on Series X?
Default. Performance mode brings it to 120fps. And Graphics mode ups the resolution to 4.8k and increases shadow quality and the game still runs at 50-60fps.

Graphics mode is the way to go if you have a VRR display IMO; otherwise just keep it default.

Not sure what to say lol, its not a huge complaint for most people, but if its enough to stop you playing at all you must really struggle with it. Ive never had an issue personally. I also play MH with my daughter who is 10 and she didnt have any trouble with item management either.

Im struggling to get to used to the wirebug mechanic though, so I'm not exactly in a position to mock you 🤣

Thing is I love the games so much I preservere through hardships
I’m new to Monster Hunter in general, so I imagine that’s probably it, but they really are not good at making things easier for newer players.

Here’s a question…so I know how to move items back and forth between my box and item bag, how tf do I use the items in my item bag when I’m in a mission. It really shouldn’t be this difficult. I should be able to hit a button to access my bag and then hit a button to “use” an item. What am I doing wrong here? Lol

Methos#1975

It's loads better. Probably something wrong with your TV or you're playing on performance mode or something.
Your character model in Worlds alone has more detail than a entire screen in Rise at any given time. I love Rise and how it looks, but World decimates it on a pure technical level.

Here’s a question…so I know how to move items back and forth between my box and item bag, how tf do I use the items in my item bag when I’m in a mission. It really shouldn’t be this difficult. I should be able to hit a button to access my bag and then hit a button to “use” an item. What am I doing wrong here? Lol
I honestly can't tell if you guys are serious.
Cbntg3U.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Your character model in Worlds alone has more detail than a entire screen in Rise at any given time. I love Rise and how it looks, but World decimates it on a pure technical level.
Yep, in fact the only thing I'd say Rise does better than world is the art and colour pallette, but even then that's completely subjective.

Lysandros

Why a proper thread about the analysis can not be created anew without the console warring comments in the OP, with only the fair, naked data? I doubt the technical analysis treads are banned from the site from now on. And if a poster comes with fanboy rubbish derailling the thread (memes, mocking etc.) just remove him personally, banning the discussion altogether isn't the solution. As for now the analysis can be freely discussed in the likes of Beyond3d and Era but not here, not a good showing for the site really.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I swear to god, Xbox players might be the worst at Monster Hunter. Seems like 90% of the time, hub quest fail because of players dying. I think it was less than 10% on Switch.

TonyK

I swear to god, Xbox players might be the worst at Monster Hunter. Seems like 90% of the time, hub quest fail because of players dying. I think it was less than 10% on Switch.
Probably because a lot of XBOX players test the game because it's included in Gamepass, but more like a demo than with the intention of master the game. I'm sure all the players that pay full price in other systems have an approach to the game different to a lot of Gamepass players. And I say that because I have Gamepass and I will install and try the game but I'm not reallly interested in playing it.

Mr Moose

Why a proper thread about the analysis can not be created anew without the console warring comments in the OP, with only the fair, naked data? I doubt the technical analysis treads are banned from the site from now on. And if a poster comes with fanboy rubbish derailling the thread (memes, mocking etc.) just remove him personally, banning the discussion altogether isn't the solution. As for now the analysis can be freely discussed in the likes of Beyond3d and Era but not here, not a good showing for the site really.
I don't think anyone else has re-made the thread without the warring digs in the OP.
I'm too lazy to do it.

Top Bottom