• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise coming to Xbox and Game Pass in January 20, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Leaked a bit earlier, but Xbox posted it so..

It will be announced properly today at 10 PM UK / 5 PM ET time

smT0Yft.jpeg

Monster Hunter Rise will be released for Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass on January 20, 2023.

That’s according to a since-removed message published on Thursday by the official Xbox Germany Twitter account.

The tweet, which is pictured below, was seemingly mistakenly published ahead of an official announcement planned for a later date.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Here's what you lot can (mostly) expect. Edit: oh they got trailers added now so, never mind. I thought I saw some monster model improvements there but nope, they already look that awesome!!!

Best monhun, I'd hope for crossplay (edit: nope, just Xbox/Windows Store, oh well). This port could mean they have to wait longer for the World successor because it needs to be another "much wow, such next gen" moment to achieve the same success but next gen console sales have been slow.

I'd hope this also means that after all the core player base will get a taste for the wirebugs' mobility they can't decide to not include it in the next game (but other smaller aspects I could do without, like the way spiribirds work and populate the maps, that can change for all I care).

I only really have two issues with it: Sunbreak ditched rampages just due to vocal haters, similar to the swimming in Tri (but at least 3U had that still in, they didn't abruptly can it halfway into the game) and the spiribirds. The rest is bliss. Stylish af, excellent roster & end game.​

Last edited:

splattered

My kids are gonna freak out.. I may try and find some time to play as well. Might as well just preorder a few copies

Alexios

Btw, do general updates Sunbreak brought apply without its purchase (or release there)? Like how they made it so one can (optionally, in case some fumble and do it accidentally) just run into surfaces to wallrun/climb rather than just wirebug swing or otherwise fall into them? It's small but yeah:messenger_fire:

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Pretty insane really. Series is huge on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms - PlayStation only players going to drop £70 day one on this when it’s on Game Pass? Nuts.

I sold it on Switch but will give it another go on Series S.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Pretty insane really. Series is huge on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms - PlayStation only players going to drop £70 day one on this when it’s on Game Pass? Nuts.

I sold it on Switch but will give it another go on Series S.

Imagine if they patched in cross play / progression. Would be amazing.

Alexios

What's the consensus on Rise? Haven't played a MH game since Tri on Wii.
It's the best since Tri on Wii :D

Also happens to be a love letter to it with ace remakes of a couple of its maps in the new loading-free sandbox style. Well, it was meant as a love letter to Portable 3rd given the shinobi theme it's going for (the expansion is all european style) but that had much of the same content converted.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Great. Only held back by the somewhat lacking monster roster.

It a massive upgrade over the Wii game though. Movement will feel a lot more fluid and you get insane mobility in Rise thanks to the mount & wirebug.

Codes 208

it plays and feels like a direct spin-off to MHW (which is still my favorite), but its still good. It is at its base a switch game so it did feel limited in some areas but overall a huge improvement over the older titles imo.

Gone are the days of loading map areas

Last edited:

Bridges

Does this game's multiplayer do the same thing as World where you can't queue into a quest with friends until you've watched its cutscenes in single player?

That was very annoying, really hope they changed that.

Not that I’m being ungrateful, but it makes me crazy that they go all the way down to 1080p to lock the frames at 120fps.

I’d rather just see an unlocked mode with vrr with a cap set at 120hz. Unlock the framerate at 4k, or drop to 1440p while unlocked and see if we can get frames between 80-100. It’s a huge improvement in responsiveness, and you don’t have to dramatically sacrifice visuals to get it.

Last edited:
I wasn’t a huge fan of World as my first Monster Hunter game, but I really love the way this one looks. I almost grabbed it on Steam a couple of times, but had a feeling it would come to ps and Xbox.

Banjo64

cumsessed
1440p/60 should be doable I think. It's a Switch up-port.
In my experience 4k 60 usually transfers to 1080p 60 but I’d be happy to be wrong (I don’t really give a fuck as I’m on a 1080p monitor anyway) :messenger_beaming: just downloaded the 300mb game tile on my Series S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom