• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak |OT| MASSIVE EXPANSION ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Update is out (or my Steam delayed showing it's out). I love that's it's a Kamura Village mission with the monster intro style and story/lore and everything, I kinda wished Sunbreak hadn't abandoned that stuff but then again I guess it makes the whole game more varied and cool in its own way too...
monsterhunterrise_2021hdtg.png

Last edited:
ltb8iDK.jpg

I've heard people actually manage to do 5 digit damage!
erEky18.jpg

The jump in damage isn't as big as TU3 to TU4 but I'll take it. I wonder if I can get 5 digits if i use some item buffs. In other news, that new shock absorber skill is nuts. Makes it so players can't flinch, knock and upswing each other. It even nullifies the effects of bullet barrage, wyvern fire, wyvern ammo, and cluster bombs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Very happy that Sunbreak is now available for Xbox and PS5. I'm a fan of the follower system.

It was my second or third hunt with Fiorayne when she said that she'd be right back. I had assumed that meant that she had gotten incapacitated or had very low health and this was the mechanic for it. I burst out laughing when she came back hauling ass on an Anjanath.

I can easily see me spending all my time with this expansion until Diablo 4 comes out.

Pejo

Just hit MR5 and I think this is my favourite MH, just so much fun. I'm hoping there is some decent end game activities to keep me playing?
Glad you enjoy it! The gameplay is a lot faster and more forgiving in this entry. For me, I had more fun at first and then the longer I played it, the less I liked it, but a huge section of the fanbase think it's the best entry yet.

At any rate, it's definitely the most accessible for a number of reasons, and there are tons of monsters and content to keep you going.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finally unlocked layered weapons and the one I wanted to use isn't even an option.

Lol... how annoying.

Freeman76

Glad you enjoy it! The gameplay is a lot faster and more forgiving in this entry. For me, I had more fun at first and then the longer I played it, the less I liked it, but a huge section of the fanbase think it's the best entry yet.

At any rate, it's definitely the most accessible for a number of reasons, and there are tons of monsters and content to keep you going.
The anomaly investigations are great.

Loads to do but it seems much more grindy for the decent weapons this time. I quite like that though, something to aim for.

Saw some guy on YT kill an infernal rajang in under 2 mins, blew my mind i never knew you could get OP in these ganes. Im at MR 17 and still normal hits with Dual Blades do around 20 dmg, that guys build was insane doing around 300!

Took a big break and haven’t played since TU3 but I’ll be coming back for this probably after TotK. I feel like I miss an update and I have no idea what the game is about. Love how Capcom supports this series.

Freeman76

Seen PC players doing 300dmg per hit using dual blades

Are they using mods? Ive got all rank 10 gear and pretty decent decs but only managing around 80 per hit on elemental dmg with tge right set up to exploit their weakness?

darrylgorn

Are they using mods? Ive got all rank 10 gear and pretty decent decs but only managing around 80 per hit on elemental dmg with tge right set up to exploit their weakness?

I'm getting just above 100 per hit with 45% affinity and 35% crit, demon activated and sharpness at full (pink) with fugen's blades.

I haven't completely maxed out though and I can see people getting up there if they take full advantage of the Qurio crafting.

Most people that post those videos post their sets too so you can see what skills they have. Can I assume you're still near MR17 and have barely touched the upgrades that came with the title updates? Cause 80's is definitely low. Can you post your set? In particular what skills you have on.

Freeman76

Most people that post those videos post their sets too so you can see what skills they have. Can I assume you're still near MR17 and have barely touched the upgrades that came with the title updates? Cause 80's is definitely low. Can you post your set? In particular what skills you have on.
Im MR 57 atm.

Magma+
Lunagaron Helm
Archfiend Baulo
Silver Solvracers
Rath Coil X
Ingot Greaves X

Crit eye 5
Fire attack 5
Attack boost 4
Crit el 3
Windproof 3
Evade window 5
Weak exploit 2
Evade extebder 2
Crit boost 1

Those are the main ones. Def some tweaks needed but im way off the vids ive seen. Any ideas? Trying to build a set for each element atm.

Freeman76

Just realised there is a lot of missing content on xbox, i assumed Sunbreak would release up to date but for some reason they left TU 4 and 5 out. Maybe thats why those guys are doing such insane dmg?

Just realised there is a lot of missing content on xbox, i assumed Sunbreak would release up to date but for some reason they left TU 4 and 5 out. Maybe thats why those guys are doing such insane dmg?
TU4 does bring Frostcraft which is quite powerful for DBs, Risen Valstrax pieces which are very efficient and weapon augment bonuses just for upgrading your number of slots. And TU5 has improved talisman crafting along with Frenzied Bloodlust, Most speedrunners do mod their sets to their legal limits but that doesn't mean you can't make decent damage sets normally.

Im MR 57 atm.

Magma+
Lunagaron Helm
Archfiend Baulo
Silver Solvracers
Rath Coil X
Ingot Greaves X

Crit eye 5
Fire attack 5
Attack boost 4
Crit el 3
Windproof 3
Evade window 5
Weak exploit 2
Evade extebder 2
Crit boost 1

Those are the main ones. Def some tweaks needed but im way off the vids ive seen. Any ideas? Trying to build a set for each element atm.
Well, it looks like you're dedicating a chunk of your equipment for Evade Window and Evade Extender. I think they're unnecessary for DB since Demon Mode lets you move fast enough that you can just run out of the way of attacks. Evading just means you run out of stamina faster so you get kicked out of Demon Mode earlier. Nothing wrong with using evade skills if you think it fits your playstyle better. Personally, I run Berserk sets just so I can ignore stamina entirely and get easy crit from Maximum Might but that comes with its own headaches.

A few comments on your set not related to comfort skills:
-Weapon isn't fully upgraded to Magma Shredders yet. Additionally, that means no weapon augments too.
-No Handicraft meaning stuck in white sharpness. White sharpness has a modifier for 1.32 raw and 1.15 for element. Purple sharpness has 1.39 for raw and 1.27 element
-You also want skills that would let you keep that purple sharpness such as Master's Touch, Razor Sharp or Protective Polish
-Crit isn't capped. ideally, you really want 100% crit chance especially cause of Crit Element. Weakness Exploit 3 is 50% already
-No Element Exploit
-No Teostra's Blessing to boost fire damage
-No Burst (it might still be called Chain Crit in TU3, I forgot when they changed it)

My thoughts related to those videos you probably saw:
-They're likely running suicide sets, meaning they take skills that have negative effects such as taking more damage, taking constant self-damage or only activate at low health
-If we're talking about DBs specifically, it's probably going to be Berserk from Chaotic Gore armor. Berserk completely changes how health works when you switch to the blue scroll. All your health changes from green to red. You stop taking damage from outside sources completely but in exchange your health starts draining. Getting hit makes that drain even faster
-Strife is a skill that synergizes with Berserk and unsurprisingly comes from Chaotic Gore armor too. Strife 3 gives you a whooping 20% crit chance, 20% elemental damage and infinite stamina when fully active. The catch is that it's only fully active if 60% or more of your health bar is red. With Berserk, your entire health bar is already red
-They're also very likely running Mail of Hellfire 3. That skill buffs raw damage on red scroll but drastically lowers your defense. More importantly for DB, on blue scroll it buffs your elemental damage (20% again!) but drastically lowers your resistances (-50!). It's a huge buff with a huge downside but remember Berserk completely negates damage
-Since they're at red health already then they likely have Resentment too but you'll be surprised at how little raw attack bonuses do for DB
-They might also be running Frostcraft 3 which is up to 1.3 multiplier (not raw or element, actual damage) at full charge. In practice, the difference between a Spiral Slash at full FC charge and an empty FC gauge is about 25% instead of 30%, still very substantial.

Just to give you an idea on how crazy the above synergy can get with Demon Mode (35% element bonus) active :
jU2U60B.jpg

TL;DR:
Berserk synergy is overpowered
Strife is 20% bonus element
Mail of Hellfire is 20% bonus element
Frostcraft is 1.3 multiplier at full charge

TL;DR (I'm not suicidal version):
Upgrade your weapon completely
Purple sharpness has better element modifier than white
Aim for 100% crit
Get Element Exploit and Burst
Teostra/Kushala Blessing is 10% bonus to element

Last edited:

Freeman76

TU4 does bring Frostcraft which is quite powerful for DBs, Risen Valstrax pieces which are very efficient and weapon augment bonuses just for upgrading your number of slots. And TU5 has improved talisman crafting along with Frenzied Bloodlust, Most speedrunners do mod their sets to their legal limits but that doesn't mean you can't make decent damage sets normally.

Well, it looks like you're dedicating a chunk of your equipment for Evade Window and Evade Extender. I think they're unnecessary for DB since Demon Mode lets you move fast enough that you can just run out of the way of attacks. Evading just means you run out of stamina faster so you get kicked out of Demon Mode earlier. Nothing wrong with using evade skills if you think it fits your playstyle better. Personally, I run Berserk sets just so I can ignore stamina entirely and get easy crit from Maximum Might but that comes with its own headaches.

-Weapon isn't fully upgraded to Magma Shredders yet. Additionally, that means no weapon augments too.
-No Handicraft meaning stuck in white sharpness. White sharpness has a modifier for 1.32 raw and 1.15 for element. Purple sharpness has 1.39 for raw and 1.27 element
-You also want skills that would let you keep that purple sharpness such as Master's Touch, Razor Sharp or Protective Polish
-Crit isn't capped. ideally, you really want 100% crit chance especially cause of Crit Element. Weakness Exploit 3 is 50% already
-No Element Exploit
-No Burst (it might still be called Chain Crit in TU3, I forgot when they changed it)

-They're likely running suicide sets, meaning they take skills that have negative effects such as taking more damage, taking constant self-damage or only activate at low health
-If we're talking about DBs specifically, it's probably going to be Berserk from Chaotic Gore armor. Berserk completely changes how health works when you switch to the blue scroll. All your health changes from green to red. You stop taking damage from outside sources completely but in exchange your health starts draining. Getting hit makes that drain even faster
-Strife is a skill that synergizes with Berserk and unsurprisingly comes from Chaotic Gore armor too. Strife 3 gives you a whooping 20% crit chance, 20% elemental damage and infinite stamina when fully active. The catch is that it's only fully active if 60% or more of your health bar is red. With Berserk, your entire health bar is already red
-They're also very likely running Mail of Hellfire 3. That skill buffs raw damage on red scroll but drastically lowers your defense. More importantly for DB, on blue scroll it buffs your elemental damage (20% again!) but drastically lowers your resistances (-50!). It's a huge buff with a huge downside but remember Berserk completely negates damage
-Since they're at red health already then they likely have Resentment too but you'll be surprised at how little raw attack bonuses do for DB
-They might also be running Frostcraft 3 which is up to 1.3 multiplier (not raw or element, actual damage) at full charge. In practice, the difference between a Spiral Slash at full FC charge and an empty FC gauge is about 25% instead of 30%, still very substantial.

Just to give you an idea on how crazy the above synergy can get with Demon Mode (35% element bonus) active :
jU2U60B.jpg

TL;DR:

Aim for 100% crit
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I will dig into it and apply some of the tips. I guess aiming for 300 per hit is unrealistic, so what is a good value to know im on the right track? My crits do about 120 but normal hits around 40-60

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I will dig into it and apply some of the tips. I guess aiming for 300 per hit is unrealistic, so what is a good value to know im on the right track? My crits do about 120 but normal hits around 40-60
Monsters take to elemental damage differently so it's a bit hard to just throw out damage numbers.

I guess as a reference you can use this. It's Spiral Slash against the dummy. Also this is TU5 so my weapon has more augments than what you have at TU3:

3SdeNta.jpg

For this I'm in red scroll with no red health so Berserk and Strife are inactive. No Strife means no Max Might so my only crit chance boosting skill is Weakness Exploit meaning I only have 50% crit chance here instead of my normal 100%. I also emptied my Frostcraft gauge so that's mostly a non-factor here. Disregarding skills that are currently inactive, the damage boosts I have on during that screenshot are:

fully augmented Magma Shredders with 8 ele and 1 attack (this is a huge difference since TU4 adds further bonuses just for getting more augment slots)
purple sharpness
Elembane rampage deco (Element Exploit rampage skill, that's different from Element Exploit armor skill, they stack)

Fire Attack 5
Critical Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Critical Element 3
Mail of Hellfire 3 (on red scroll that's +35 raw and -100 def)
Element Exploit 3
Teostra's Blessing 2
Burst 1

I don't think I have screenshots of my damage during TU3. I didn't really start using DBs much until TU4.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Monsters take to elemental damage differently so it's a bit hard to just throw out damage numbers.

I guess as a reference you can use this. It's Spiral Slash against the dummy. Also this is TU5 so my weapon has more augments than what you have at TU3:

3SdeNta.jpg

For this I'm in red scroll with no red health so Berserk and Strife are inactive. No Strife means no Max Might so my only crit chance boosting skill is Weakness Exploit meaning I only have 50% crit chance here instead of my normal 100%. I also emptied my Frostcraft gauge so that's mostly a non-factor here. Disregarding skills that are currently inactive, the damage boosts I have on during that screenshot are:

fully augmented Magma Shredders with 8 ele and 1 attack (this is a huge difference since TU4 adds further bonuses just for getting more augment slots)
purple sharpness
Elembane rampage deco (Element Exploit rampage skill, that's different from Element Exploit armor skill, they stack)

Fire Attack 5
Critical Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Critical Element 3
Mail of Hellfire 3 (on red scroll that's +35 raw)
Element Exploit 3
Teostra's Blessing 2
Burst 1

I don't think I have screenshots of my damage during TU3. I didn't really start using DBs much until TU4.

Ok thanks I'll start trying to get some of these and add them to my set up. Ive never really paid huge attention to the little differences in MH before but Sunbreak is MH at its finest and I want to long it out as much as possible. Its a shame the xbox version is so far behind but I guess they want a reason to pull ppl back instead of giving us everything at once.

Freeman76

-No Element Exploit

jU2U60B.jpg

TL;DR:

Aim for 100% crit
Sorry one more question, how do i get to 100% crit? Ive managed to get to 40% with rank 10 weapon so far. Qurious crafring somehow mixed with the right gems?

Sorry one more question, how do i get to 100% crit? Ive managed to get to 40% with rank 10 weapon so far. Qurious crafring somehow mixed with the right gems?
Weapon rank isn't really related to crit chance. Some weapons have crit chance built in. None of the best elemental DBs come with crit built in so you'll always be starting at 0%. Weapons can be augmented to have more crit with qurious crafting but this is generally a bad idea because it's better to augment for more element and get crit through other ways instead. Weakness Exploit 3 is the mainstay for nearly all builds that use crit since it's 50% as long as you're hitting a weakspot which you should always be doing. Note that the crit chance for Weakness Exploit doesn't show up in the stat screen. It's arguably the single most efficient skill in the game. So let's just assume you're going to get that to 3 and now you're starting at 50%. I'm not going to list every possible way to get to 100% but I'll list relatively common ones.

Critical Eye 4 (20%), Critical Eye 6 (30%) or Critical Eye 7 (40%). Those are good levels to get the skill at. The 10% jump from 6 to 7 is quite efficient but a lot of times will end up wasted since there's no easy way to get the exact 10% remaining to reach 100%. Critical Eye has no conditions to activate and thus very reliable.

Critical Eye 4 (20%) + Rousing Roar (30%). This is a decent combination but somewhat finicky because Rousing Roar is a Palico support move. It comes from the Fighter type Palico. That means you have to rely on your Palico's AI to trigger it. It's fairly consistent but I recommend equipping your Palico with Support-Centric to make it prioritize support moves like this one and combine it with the Felyne Powered-Up move which resets all move cooldowns including Rousing Roar so there's better up time.

Critical Eye 6 (30%) + Bloodlust 1 (20%). This is probably the most popular way to get to 100% crit and is very reliable. Bloodlust is a one point wonder skill. There's nothing wrong with getting higher levels of it but 1 point is very efficient and more than enough. Bloodlust periodically inflicts you with Frenzy when you're in combat (the thing the Magalas give you). Frenzy is a status that drains your health in exchange for some buffs to attack, evasion and stamina use. No one cares about that. What is important is the buff you get once you overcome Frenzy by dealing a set amount of damage. Overcoming Frenzy gives you 20% crit for 1 minute after which you get hit with the ailment again and just repeat the cycle. The health drain is negligible and you get back all your red health once you overcome Frenzy anyway.

I'm not going into detail with Crit Eye 7. You can get the remaining 10% in a variety of ways like Max Might 1 (triggers when you have full stamina, very unlikely for regular DB playstyle), Agitator 4 (incredibly inefficient and the trigger is unreliable), or augmenting your weapon for crit twice (at the cost of losing element augments).

My personal favorite way of getting to 100% for DB is Weakness Exploit 3 (50%), Max Might 3 (30%) and Strife (20%) but that requires you to be using Berserk.

TU5 also brings a new skill called Heaven-Sent which gives you infinite stamina provided you haven't taken damage for 30 or 15 seconds depending on the level of the skill. This lets you effectively use Max Might like the Berserk+Strife combo does but without the health drain. Losing the buff if you get hit is very annoying but I imagine this will fit your playstyle since you run with Evade Window 5. But yeah, TU5.

TL;DR
The most reliable way to be at 100% affinity is Weakness Exploit 3 (50%), Critical Eye 7 (40%) and augmenting your weapon twice for crit chance (5% each time, total of 10%).

Last edited:

Freeman76

Weapon rank isn't really related to crit chance. Some weapons have crit chance built in. None of the best elemental DBs come with crit built in so you'll always be starting at 0%. Weapons can be augmented to have more crit with qurious crafting but this is generally a bad idea because it's better to augment for more element and get crit through other ways instead. Weakness Exploit 3 is the mainstay for nearly all builds that use crit since it's 50% as long as you're hitting a weakspot which you should always be doing. Note that the crit chance for Weakness Exploit doesn't show up in the stat screen. It's arguably the single most efficient skill in the game. So let's just assume you're going to get that to 3 and now you're starting at 50%. I'm not going to list every possible way to get to 100% but I'll list relatively common ones.

Critical Eye 4 (20%), Critical Eye 6 (30%) or Critical Eye 7 (40%). Those are good levels to get the skill at. The 10% jump from 6 to 7 is quite efficient but a lot of times will end up wasted since there's no easy way to get the exact 10% remaining to reach 100%. Critical Eye has no conditions to activate and thus very reliable.

Critical Eye 4 (20%) + Rousing Roar (30%). This is a decent combination but somewhat finicky because Rousing Roar is a Palico support move. It comes from the Fighter type Palico. That means you have to rely on your Palico's AI to trigger it. It's fairly consistent but I recommend equipping your Palico with Support-Centric to make it prioritize support moves like this one and combine it with the Felyne Powered-Up move which resets all move cooldowns including Rousing Roar so there's better up time.

Critical Eye 6 (30%) + Bloodlust 1 (20%). This is probably the most popular way to get to 100% crit and is very reliable. Bloodlust is a one point wonder skill. There's nothing wrong with getting higher levels of it but 1 point is very efficient and more than enough. Bloodlust periodically inflicts you with Frenzy when you're in combat (the thing the Magalas give you). Frenzy is a status that drains your health in exchange for some buffs to attack, evasion and stamina use. No one cares about that. What is important is the buff you get once you overcome Frenzy by dealing a set amount of damage. Overcoming Frenzy gives you 20% crit for 1 minute after which you get hit with the ailment again and just repeat the cycle. The health drain is negligible and you get back all your red health once you overcome Frenzy anyway.

I'm not going into detail with Crit Eye 7. You can get the remaining 10% in a variety of ways like Max Might 1 (triggers when you have full stamina, very unlikely for regular DB playstyle), Agitator 4 (incredibly inefficient and the trigger is unreliable), or augmenting your weapon for crit twice (at the cost of losing element augments).

My personal favorite way of getting to 100% for DB is Weakness Exploit 3 (50%), Max Might 3 (30%) and Strife (20%) but that requires you to be using Berserk.

TU5 also brings a new skill called Heaven-Sent which gives you infinite stamina provided you haven't taken damage for 30 or 15 seconds depending on the level of the skill. This lets you effectively use Max Might like the Berserk+Strife combo does but without the health drain. Losing the buff if you get hit is very annoying but I imagine this will fit your playstyle since you run with Evade Window 5. But yeah, TU5.

TL;DR
The most reliable way to be at 100% affinity is Weakness Exploit 3 (50%), Critical Eye 7 (40%) and augmenting your weapon twice for crit chance (5% each time, total of 10%).
Thanks again this was really helpful.

The only thing is I am not very good at the game so I find the evasion gems really help, but I managed to get WEX to 3 and my crit up to 30%, ranked up the shredders and im doing a bit more dmg now. I guess my next step is to try qurious crafting to get more gem slots/skills and then start building other elemental sets.

Freeman76

TL;DR
Even with 100% crit and rank 10 gear im still hitting 50-60 with 100 crits. Driving me mad lol. Maybe thats all I can reach on TU3?

Even with 100% crit and rank 10 gear im still hitting 50-60 with 100 crits. Driving me mad lol. Maybe thats all I can reach on TU3?
Is that on a monster or the dummy? With a regular slash or spiral slash? If that's from a spiral slash on the dummy, that's absurdly low. Out of curiosity, I unequipped everything I had on and made a new set of Magma Shredders so it has no augments at all and this is what I was doing. I even removed my powercharm and powertalon. I had 315 attack, 300 from the weapon and 15 from the petalace. I'm quite sure the buff to spiral slash is already up by TU3. Are you sure you're in demon mode and not feral demon mode? I'm really not sure what else is the cause at this point.

QDrX9Qy.jpg

5mEYkCB.jpg

X6FNPsJ.jpg

Actually thinking about it now, one last thing that might be lowering your damage is you're letting your sharpness go down. I remember you don't have sharpness management skills in the set you posted.

I know there's already a thread for the final update but this one includes the dev roundtable including weapon usage stats. And to no one's surprise Long Sword is still the most popular weapon.

Pejo

I know there's already a thread for the final update but this one includes the dev roundtable including weapon usage stats. And to no one's surprise Long Sword is still the most popular weapon.

I keep trying to move off of Switch Axe but I keep coming back to it. I was kinda surprised LBG was #3 instead of Bow.

Anyways, Malzeno variant is fine for a free update, but I'm glad that puts a neat bow on Rise. Looking forward to MH6 reveal next week at the Capcom show!

Alexios

Seems there was a small ~100MB update for the game with no patch notes. Some trolling going on in the forums atm, some say it's preparation for when certain collab event quests expire as others link it to the recent anti-mod/cheat stuff Capcom's been tinkering with elsewhere, hard to tell atm.

You guys didn't even post these, you suck, I'm at peak work those summer months. Edit: ok the Bonus Update is included in that roundtable video but nobody's gonna watch it, GAF was complaining about showing too much of game developers instead of games pretending only the "West" does it.​

Last edited:

Pejo

Seems there was a small ~100MB update for the game with no patch notes. Some trolling going on in the forums atm, some say it's preparation for when certain collab event quests expire as others link it to the recent anti-mod/cheat stuff Capcom's been tinkering with elsewhere, hard to tell atm.
I disabled auto updates for Rise when that stuff came out. I don't use any of the inventory cheats or melding mods, but I do use some visual ones and I'll be damned if Capcom's gonna stop me now with post launch DRM. They can get fucked if they're seriously gonna do that.

That said, it's been hard to parse what's really happening and what isn't. If they go after mods, they're in for a fight (from me at least).

Pejo

Not enough yet, I urge you guys that own it on Steam to go leave a quick review about the post launch DRM addition and breaking of Linux/Deck compatibility.

lg6hdz6skxdc1.jpeg

Alexios

Meh, it'll be patched for Deck, you could just report an issue to start with rather than knee jerk review bomb but eh, brave and strong gamur fighters fighting big bad corp (after all, one has to then go on about how review bombs work and it's a good thing it happened even if it was gonna be patched anyway as soon as it was discovered cos if you give them time to fix it before review bombing you can't do that, lol, it's not like they want their games to no longer be Deck verified - yes it'd be best if they discovered it before sending out the patch but shit happens). It's not addition of DRM, it's replacement of Denuvo with Enigma, I guess they just switched companies they work with. If mods technically work (even if they need updating, inconvenient as it may be for a game at the end of its life which means some creators might not bother updating their stuff, if they need to be) and performance is equal that's fine. Of course it'd be great if they took the opportunity to patch Denuvo out and leave it at that, they still might later, I don't think Rise/Sunbreak have been out as long as World was on PC before they removed Denuvo from that (but no benefit of the doubt huh, plus many reviews will stay negative even after they fix it, lol, how fair, valiant and brave).

Edit: negative reviews remain/more pile up lying about Deck after it was fixed but brave gamurs 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Pejo

Meh, it'll be patched for Deck probably, you could just report an issue rather than review bomb but eh, gamurs. It's not addition of DRM, it's replacement of Denuvo with Enigma, I guess they just switched companies they work with. If mods technically work (even if they need updating, inconvenient as it may be for a game at the end of its life which means some mod creators might not bother updating their stuff, if they need to be) and performance is equal that's fine. Of course it would have been better if they took the opportunity to patch Denuvo out and leave it at that but oh well.
This is something they added to a game that released over 2 years ago when they could have just removed Denuvo and be done with it. This "meh" attitude is responsible for so many garbage practices in gaming. If you have been following the controversy, Enigma is made by some unknown Russian organization and had 34~ positive hits on various anti-virus suites when they patched it in to RE: Revelations a few weeks ago.

Handwaving garbage practices isn't just neutral like not doing anything, it actively works against the people that actually try to stand up against garbage publisher practices and decisions. If you don't want to do anything fine, but I doubt the corporation needs you to stand up for their bullshit.

EekTheKat

On Steam Capcom acknowledged they messed up. They're at least looking into it and acknowledged Steam Deck issues.

I'm expecting rollback and a re implementation down the line, kind of like RE:Rev. So far they've given no indication they're stopping the madness.

Rise is/was almost a perfect Steam Deck game as it pretty much behaved like the Switch version, only with a lot more power behind it.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Bit of an update - It has seemingly been fixed on the latest Proton Hotfix that was pushed through downloads when I turned on the Deck a few moments ago. It remains to be seen if it's entirely stable like this but it's a promising start.

The Tech Priests at Valve have seemingly appealed to the Machine Spirit of the Deck once again.

Top Bottom