• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak |OT| MASSIVE EXPANSION ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Having the Monster Hunting itch again, how's the expansion so far? I'm interested in hearing about the difficulty, is it more challenging than the base game? Also, is the tower defense minigame is still forced into you like in the base game or not?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Ahhh they got me!! I wasn't paying attention and purchased it without reading...well anything tbh. This is MH: Rise only. Sunbreak isn't coming to PS5/Xbox until Spring.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ahhh they got me!! I wasn't paying attention and purchased it without reading...well anything tbh. This is MH: Rise only. Sunbreak isn't coming to PS5/Xbox until Spring.
It's ok, enjoy the rampages and apex monsters while they last since Sunbreak deprecates them and their reward usefulness. Second good thing we lose over vocal haters (after Tri's swimming) even though they were only forced like a handful of times throughout the whole campaign anyway and they were certainly more fun than some gimmick elder dragons like Zorah Magdaros or others that demand the use of turrets and similar in a way less flexible and fun manner that did not get any such hate in the past. Do them as a break from regular hunts once in a while and they're cool :)

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It's ok, enjoy the rampages and apex monsters while they last since Sunbreak deprecates them and their reward usefulness. Second good thing we lose over vocal haters (after Tri's swimming) even though they were only forced like a handful of times throughout the whole campaign anyway and they were certainly more fun than some gimmick elder dragons like Zorah Magdaros or others that demand the use of turrets and similar in a way less flexible and fun manner that did not get any such hate in the past. Do them as a break from regular hunts once in a while and they're cool :)
I LOVE MH Rise and Sunbreak. Finished both on steam and switch. Got the PS5 version so I can play with my nephew. I agree, the Rampages are a fun distraction and a great way to grind for some drops later in the game. It clearly isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed the option at least.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I finally caved in and got both the base game and the expansion.

Just tell me Seregio's theme is a banger, that's all I need to know.

I LOVE MH Rise and Sunbreak. Finished both on steam and switch. Got the PS5 version so I can play with my nephew. I agree, the Rampages are a fun distraction and a great way to grind for some drops later in the game. It clearly isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed the option at least.
Rampages are ok if you don't actually need anything from them and are just doing them for a break in routine. Farming them one after another was what broke me in the base game. In Sunbreak, I join random ones every now just for something different to do.

demigod

I just got back into it again after going on a hiatus. The grind to MR100 is real, how many are this?

Changed from Longsword to Great Sword, never used GS before. I am loving the big hits.

I don't know why I even listened to the region free mod's recommendation to not set matchmaking world wide. It's an absolute game change changer. I get matches in seconds now. It's great.

demigod

I don't know why I even listened to the region free mod's recommendation to not set matchmaking world wide. It's an absolute game change changer. I get matches in seconds now. It's great.
So you’re saying you set it to world wide and you get matches easier now? Where in the game are you, which rank and what quests do you do?

I didn’t change any of my settings and it’s really hard to join specific quests now compared to 4 months ago. I think this is where World is better. You can see which quests are going on. I thought Rise was better at first but now its hard to find quests. Maybe this is a Switch limitation. It really could benefit with cross play.

In Rise i pretty much did everything solo except Valstrax. I hate that fucker with a passion. Sunbreak update made it so much easier now to solo with your 2 Followers.

So you’re saying you set it to world wide and you get matches easier now? Where in the game are you, which rank and what quests do you do?

I didn’t change any of my settings and it’s really hard to join specific quests now compared to 4 months ago. I think this is where World is better. You can see which quests are going on. I thought Rise was better at first but now its hard to find quests. Maybe this is a Switch limitation. It really could benefit with cross play.

In Rise i pretty much did everything solo except Valstrax. I hate that fucker with a passion. Sunbreak update made it so much easier now to solo with your 2 Followers.
I'm in the US. I mostly just do 181+ anomalies and the event quests when they're newly introduced. Let me clarify that if you're looking for specific quests or targets, the mod isn't going to help much. I just want fast random anomalies and that's what I get now. Before I set it to worldwide, it can take minutes before I get a match. Now I join hunts in seconds, mostly from Asian hosts.

demigod

Ahhh damn they fixed the melding save scum :p. Now I will have to legit meld, good thing they made getting God Talismans easier.

demigod

I really hate having to go around collecting spiribirds for health up. What they should've done is extend it further than without it like in previous games. What a shitty way to prolong the game. Anyone running a gunner? What's your best talisman?

I really hate having to go around collecting spiribirds for health up. What they should've done is extend it further than without it like in previous games. What a shitty way to prolong the game. Anyone running a gunner? What's your best talisman?
I hope spiribirds never come back. It's really stupid, especially in multiplayer. People take minutes to actually join a hunt because they're doing their spiribird laps. I don't blame people for doing them, I blame Capcom for such a terrible mechanic.

Pejo

I hope spiribirds never come back. It's really stupid, especially in multiplayer. People take minutes to actually join a hunt because they're doing their spiribird laps. I don't blame people for doing them, I blame Capcom for such a terrible mechanic.
At this point it'd be an easy enough fix to just plop a rainbow bird in camp. I can't imagine anybody thinking it's a fun/valuable mechanic after doing it this whole time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hello. I'm currently kinda addicted to this. But only played solo up to this point. Wondering if I'm gonna stick with it... World was awesome but a real grind, and I eventually bounced off right around the expansion ironically. This is feeling a little samey, yet it's fun too.

Pejo

Hello. I'm currently kinda addicted to this. But only played solo up to this point. Wondering if I'm gonna stick with it... World was awesome but a real grind, and I eventually bounced off right around the expansion ironically. This is feeling a little samey, yet it's fun too.
IMO playing solo, you'll burn out quicker in Rise. They took away all the tertiary stuff like wildlife catching and tracking monsters, so now it's just a boss rush over and over. Maybe just try joining hunts and doing some multi, I find it to be less grindy feeling just by playing with others.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
IMO playing solo, you'll burn out quicker in Rise. They took away all the tertiary stuff like wildlife catching and tracking monsters, so now it's just a boss rush over and over. Maybe just try joining hunts and doing some multi, I find it to be less grindy feeling just by playing with others.
Yeah, gonna jump into MP pretty soon I think. Was just trying to get used to the mechanics again.

Renoir

yea. im feeling this. Collabs in this game is lack luster as well. No jotaro cats????
FnpLTqc.png
pOcbiVY.png
NmvNUoQ.jpg

Last edited:
It's not like wildlife collecting is completely gone. It's just replaced with wildlife photography now. It's also one of the reasons I'll probably never 100% the game. I'm just too lazy to get the pics. Another reason is I always use cats so I'll never get the dog riding achievement.

Pejo

It's not like wildlife collecting is completely gone. It's just replaced with wildlife photography now. It's also one of the reasons I'll probably never 100% the game. I'm just too lazy to get the pics. Another reason is I always use cats so I'll never get the dog riding achievement.
I dunno, photography feels like a cheap knockoff of capturing though. I get what you're saying, but to me at least it's not as engaging. I like the enhanced gameplay of Rise, but as time goes on, I prefer World as a whole package more and more.

demigod

Watching now, i'd like to see Fatalis again.

Knowing Capcom it'll probably be Lunastra.

Last edited:

Alexios

I think they look awesomely hilarious, it's apparently art they use for guide books? I'd watch a cartoon like that, like Japanese Rick and Morty monster hunting adventures. Look at the that derpy dogo, lol. How did they get regular animations looking so fitting with this style?

Velkhana and that World armor look great in Sunbreak too and Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax should be pretty tough.

Last edited:

Pejo

Alexios

Hope I did it right, I signed up a couple days ago, I think it's meant to send you some e-mail for it eventually, I still don't have it but I think it said in the next few days, 5-6-7th?. It's such a convoluted way to go about it, why not add a game option to link your Steam/Capcom accounts and be done...

Last edited:

Pejo

Hope I did it right, I signed up a couple days ago, I think it's meant to send you some e-mail for it eventually, I still don't have it but I think it said in the next few days, 5-6-7th?. It's such a convoluted way to go about it, why not add a game option to link your Steam/Capcom accounts and be done...
Yea the final page after successfully signing up says you will get your email with the code between 2/6 and 2/7.

Pejo

Got my Velk Palamute costume email from Capcom.

I dunno how they're dispersing this on Switch, but on Steam it's just a hidden URL to a Steam page to download it for free, then they put a big warning at the bottom that says "don't tell anyone this URL!"

Lol.

Top Bottom