• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World tops 20 million shipped units ww

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e211019.html

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that multiplatform title Monster Hunter: World has shipped over 20 million units worldwide (includes shipments of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition).

In recent years, Capcom's promotion of digital sales has enabled it to realize long-term, global sales for its major titles. With the January 2018 release of Monster Hunter: World in particular, Capcom was able to propel the Monster Hunter series to global-brand status with a series-first worldwide simultaneous launch coupled with international promotional activities, establishing the game as Capcom's best-selling title of all time within a month of its release and being honored with awards the world over. In the more than three years since the game's release, in addition to promoting digital sales, Capcom also launched Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Iceborne, below), a massive premium expansion for the game, as well as a bundle containing both titles, capitalizing on synergies with Iceborne and resulting in prolonged sales that led Monster Hunter: World to achieve a Capcom all-time record of 20 million units shipped.

Also in the Monster Hunter series is Monster Hunter Rise, which has sold a cumulative 7.5 million units on Nintendo Switch™ (as of September 24, 2021). This title will also be released for PC (Steam) on January 13, 2022*, a demo version of which was released on October 14*. Moreover, Capcom aims to further grow the brand by actively promoting the series overall, including with Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive premium expansion for this title, which is scheduled for launch in summer of 2022.

What's so strange is that capcom just said nope no further expansions I don't understand the logic of making a new game, supporting this game could have been a huge money maker for them.

RaZoR No1

Loved the base game.

How is the expansion and is it easy to get into the DLC after beeing away for a long time?

GymWolf

What's so strange is that capcom just said nope no further expansions I don't understand the logic of making a new game, supporting this game could have been a huge money maker for them.
It is for the better, i want the whole team working on world 2.

GymWolf

Loved the base game.

How is the expansion and is it easy to get into the DLC after beeing away for a long time?
The expansion is great (i mean unless you don't dislike snowy locations) and you can forge the defender set to brief throught the vanilla game at the start of the game if you don't have the old saves.

Haggard

Banned
On pc it look decent.
Well, I played the demo on PC with all settings on max, and it`s far from what I`d consider decent anymore on stationary hardware in 2021/22. I just can`t stand the dead detailless levels and crude assets. It is just an upscaled mobile title.
Just my personal opinion as a graphics whore.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well, I played the demo on PC with all settings on max, and it`s far from what I`d consider decent anymore on stationary hardware in 2021/22. I just can`t stand the dead detailless levels and crude assets.
I mean decent for a switch port.

But i'm with you, after world it's hard to look back.

Although the new monsters are pretty well done (but you notice the flaws in the classic old ones compared to world)

Last edited:

yurinka

They had a deal with Nintendo to make MH Rise and its expansion + MH Stories 2. With these 20M of MHW plus the ones from Iceborne they made more than enough money, and they had to start working on a new MHW for the next gen because such big ass games require time. They had to stop supporting MHW to work on its sequel if they didn't want to miss this new generation, a full sequel will be way more profitable than an expansion.

Where is the Monster Hunter World sequel announcement, Capcom?
I just can`t spend money on PS3-looking MH-mobile titles anymore (looking at you MH:Rise).
They recently released MH Stories 2 and soon will release the MHR expansion. They will be promoting them for a while before announcing MHW sequel.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Well, I played the demo on PC with all settings on max, and it`s far from what I`d consider decent anymore on stationary hardware in 2021/22. I just can`t stand the dead detailless levels and crude assets. It is just an upscaled mobile title.
I don't know which PC you're using but this shit at 4k max settings 100fps looks fantastic. Also the gameplay is more fluid than world. Also world is full of disgusting fog like breath of the wild. Something tells me you just wanted to talk shit about the switch but didn't have the balls to do it

Haggard

Banned
I don't know which PC you're using but this shit at 4k max settings 100fps looks fantastic. Also the gameplay is more fluid than world. Also world is full of disgusting fog like breath of the wild. Something tells me you just wanted to talk shit about the switch but didn't have the balls to do it
Something tells me you have an issue with the switch being a handheld with handheld hardware.
Grow up, boy.

Handheld hardware has tight limits and that is just how it is, and by stationary hardware standards Rise looks like something out of the PS3 era.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Nintendo fans always sound like balls of anxiety and hate. It must be a lot of effort.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Nintendo fans always sound like balls of anxiety and hate. It must be a lot of effort.
What are you talking about, this is a monster hunter thread and I'm talking about how it looks great on PC and the gameplay is actually better than world. See I'm not a Nintendo fan, you're just a Nintendo hater. If you wanna call me a fanboy, call me a Nvidia fanboy... although I tend to side with the Nintendo fan base tho, they're the least toxic.

Lanrutcon

What are you talking about, this is a monster hunter thread and I'm talking about how it looks great on PC and the gameplay is actually better than world. See I'm not a Nintendo fan, you're just a Nintendo hater. If you wanna call me a fanboy, call me a Nvidia fanboy... although I tend to side with the Nintendo fan base tho, they're the least toxic.

Someone made a comment about the visual quality of Rise, and you immediately accused him of hating the Switch.

And then you got called out on it, and immediately accused me of hating Nintendo.

With a Bayonetta avatar.

Nice try.

Wooxsvan

Where is the Monster Hunter World sequel announcement, Capcom?
I just can`t spend money on PS3-looking MH-mobile titles anymore (looking at you MH:Rise).
ya im with you. the gameplay changes look pretty decent but im just gonna wait for the World sequel at this point.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Someone made a comment about the visual quality of Rise, and you immediately accused him of hating the Switch.

And then you got called out on it, and immediately accused me of hating Nintendo.

With a Bayonetta avatar.

Nice try.
He said the game looks bad on PC, I said looks amazing at 4K, ON PC. because World is a blurry/foggy mess. You calling me a Nintendo fanboy only because I said something nice about rise, which I was talking about the PC version. You're the one bringing Nintendo just because. And yes Bayonetta is fucking amazing and arguably the best action franchise, which ALSO looks amazing on PC and at 4K Bayonetta 2 on Cemu. Your "you're just a Nintendo fanboy" thing is super lame, buddy.

Lanrutcon

You calling me a Nintendo fanboy only because I said something nice about rise, which I was talking about the PC version.

I called you a Nintendo fanboy because someone made a comment about Rise's visual quality and immediately assumed they hate the Switch.

You're the one bringing Nintendo just because.

You dragged the Switch into this. No-one else did.

And yes Bayonetta is fucking amazing and arguably the best action franchise

Couldn't help yourself, could you? Even when you're trying your best to convince me you're not a fanboy, the opportunity to spread the gospel couldn't be ignored.

It's ok. You're among friends. You can totally own your fandoms here.

Ezquimacore

Banned
I called you a Nintendo fanboy because someone made a comment about Rise's visual quality and immediately assumed they hate the Switch.

You dragged the Switch into this. No-one else did.

Couldn't help yourself, could you? Even when you're trying your best to convince me you're not a fanboy, the opportunity to spread the gospel couldn't be ignored.

It's ok. You're among friends. You can totally own your fandoms here.
Yes I need to convince you because you obviously pay for all my shit, damn this site has some psychopaths. If I was a Nintendo fanboy I would wear that badge with honor boy! Best exclusive games and the only reason to buy a console

RaZoR No1

The expansion is great (i mean unless you don't dislike snowy locations) and you can forge the defender set to brief throught the vanilla game at the start of the game if you don't have the old saves.
I still have my Savegame, but didnt played MH for around 2 years..
So I need a bit time to get into the game again.
The expansion is a must just for the fatalis fight; easily the most epic fight in the entire series.
A true final boss and a fitting end for the game.
Sounds awesome
Can you tell me how long the expansion is?
For the main story + some extra missions I needed around 100+ hours

Graciaus

Bought it but couldn't really get into it. Played 20 hours and switched weapons 3 times. Couldn't find one I liked and kept wasting materials. Pretty sure the series isn't for me but I did always want to try it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Sounds awesome
Can you tell me how long the expansion is?
For the main story + some extra missions I needed around 100+ hours
I'm guessing around 40 hours? Plenty more to actually be able to beat all the harder monsters; like easily 100+ hours as well.

Top Bottom