• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS5 stock boosts Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon Forbidden West sales | UK Boxed Charts

reksveks

The arrival of new PS5 hardware bundles has boosted sales of its big games.

Gran Turismo 7 posted a 163% spike in sales, sending the racing game up five places to No.2. Just behind it is Horizon Forbidden West at No.3, which jumped 11 places after a 307% leap in sales.

Other PS5 games also moved up the charts, partially due to the arrival of more console stock but also Easter price promotions. Spider-Man: Miles Morales re-enters the charts at No.15 after a 302% sales spike, while Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is back in the Top 40 at No.17 after a 709% jump. Finally, Ghostwire: Tokyo returns at No.21 (sales up 210%) and Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut is at No.30 (up 464%).

At No.1 for a second consecutive week is LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. The game posted a huge launch last week (both in the boxed and digital charts), and is the fastest-selling LEGO game in UK history. This week sales dropped 70% week-on-week, but the Warner Bros game still comfortably retains its leading position.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending April 16:

Title
1 - LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
2 - Gran Turismo 7
3 - Horizon Forbidden West
4 - FIFA 22
5 - Pokémon Legends: Arceus
6 - Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
7 - Kirby and The Forgotten Land
8 - Elden Ring
9 - Grand Theft Auto 5
10 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Summary
- Lego number one after 70% drop from first week (switch this week #1 sku)
- GT up 163% puts it #2
- HFW up 307% puts it #3
- Miles Morales up 302% and Rachet up 709%

FW Boxed Lego: PS (31+20 = 51%) | Switch (26%) | XS (23%)
SW Boxed Lego: PS (26+21 = 47%) | Switch (29%) | XS (23%)

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-horizon-forbidden-west-sales-uk-boxed-charts

Last edited:

kyliethicc

New Entry1LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
72Gran Turismo 7
143Horizon Forbidden West
34FIFA 22
45Pokémon Legends: Arceus
56Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
27Kirby and The Forgotten Land
68Elden Ring
169Grand Theft Auto 5
810Animal Crossing: New Horizons

think mean girls GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm not surprised. In my country big retailers forced you to buy GT + Horizon in order to get a PS5 and others had a controller + GT for 90 bucks while just the controller was 70.

This is the thing, in the UK every PS5 is literally bundled with GT7 and Horizon so you have no choice to pick up these games if you want a PS5. but lets be honest, Its the best move from Sony to ensure consistent sales across the board and reduce scalping.

"yes you will get stock if you purchase a copy of GT7 + Horizon and the console must be sold with it to try" Fair play I say

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
This is the thing, in the UK every PS5 is literally bundled with GT7 and Horizon so you have no choice to pick up these games if you want a PS5. but lets be honest, Its the best move from Sony to ensure consistent sales across the board and reduce scalping.

"yes you will get stock if you purchase a copy of GT7 + Horizon and the console must be sold with it to try and stop scalping. Fair play I say"
650 for the bundle is also scalping, but i know what you mean.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
650 for the bundle is also scalping, but i know what you mean.

Well, yeah but as long as its rrp and direct to a retailer with a proper guarantee I'm all for it.
As soon as the new fiscal year begins and PS5 is already getting bigger shipments than its previous entire quarter.

Hopefully it doesn't stop here.

Yes, this is great to see. I really want my friend to get a ps5 but he keeps missing them. Fingers crossed he can get lucky this quarter. Hopefully Sony see a huge up lift in availability this quarter / year.

Zeroing

Banned
Yes, this is great to see. I really want my friend to get a ps5 but he keeps missing them. Fingers crossed he can get lucky this quarter. Hopefully Sony see a huge up lift in availability this quarter / year.
Can’t he just go to a store and put himself on a wait list? I did it here in my country and I got mine in less than 3 weeks!

Roxkis_ii

Man, Sony must have sent all the stock to the UK for April because it's been pretty dry beside a target restock yesterday In the US.

Also, if most of the game sale were from bundles, shouldn't the games show a similar jump in sale?

Elitro

In PT was only able to buy my PS5 bundled with Spiderman + HFW + GT7.

Honestly i am loving my time with GT7 (even though i'm using the controller), the other titles are on hold since i still haven't finished Elden Ring.

SLB1904

Banned

"yes you will get stock if you purchase a copy of GT7 + Horizon and the console must be sold with it to try" Fair play I say
Why you always make shit up?

reksveks

Man, Sony must have sent all the stock to the UK for April because it's been pretty dry beside a target restock yesterday In the US.

Also, if most of the game sale were from bundles, shouldn't the games show a similar jump in sale?
It might depend if its a hard bundle and soft one and how the retailers system works

Papacheeks

Banned
lmao, HFW is going to have similar sales spike like miles morales.
Yea, I think now that the hype of Elden Ring has kind of started to settle, I think people are realizing its still a souls type of game going by all the used copies im seeing at Gamestop and low completion rate. Also I think it shows how bad Sony's stock was in start of 2022.

So now it looks like stock that was MIA, is starting to make its way to actual retail stores and into peoples hands. I expect this to continue as we got through summer. People where I live are going nutts spending wise which is a lot of factors at the moment:
  • Tax season ends this month actually I think it had to be in by this week, people have money to blow
  • it's spring break for a lot of people
  • things that were cancelled like weddings, graduations also are contributors to the shopping im seeing
  • more people in general now are actively going into stores now in mass
People are still buying digital, but I think you are seeing more people now who were all shopping online are now going to stores again more frequently.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Some people were questioning Horizon, but it's going to keep selling well for the rest of the year I'm sure (like Gran Turismo is).

Fact is, a lot of gamers are bored of their hardware and want the PS5 versions of cross-gen games.

Vognerful

Honestly i am loving my time with GT7 (even though i'm using the controller), the other titles are on hold since i still haven't finished Elden Ring.
Here in UAE, it is GT7 and HFW

Wohc

Banned
What country is that?
Germany. The 2 biggest reatailers after Amazon Saturn and Media Markt offered a bundle 644,99 with those two games. The controller offer was at Otto, also a big retailer here in Germany.

@That clown below you: The only BS here is yours.

Where did you get one? I'm trying to get one for a friend and it's tough. Was it too long ago?

DJ12

It's easier to get bundles as people scoop up the unbundled versions first.

1 or 2 of the dodgier retailers many only sell bundles, but to state its the only way to buy one is a fallacy.

Can they not just be boosted as they are two of the games that people are just interested in.

There is no need to make yourselves a cope every time something good happens.

Folk claiming bundles in Germany and UAE are the reason why GT7 and Horizon FW are selling well in the UK. Welcome to NeoGaf.
Surely the reason to buy a PS5 is to play the big exclusives? 😂
No. Folks claiming that nearly everywhere in EMEA you have to buy a bundle including GT7 and Horizon if you want a PS5

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
To be fair while I still dislike the GT7 buy currency NOW !!! & LOL ONLINE ONLY!!! issue, they have made drastic and sweeping changes in response to the outrage, let me repeat that without all those people bitching (and rightly so) about how shitty the earning system was you would hardly be rewarded in a single player part of the game for playing and would essentially have to "grind" for currency like it was some F2P title. Let me also remind people that using the power of maths before these changes due to the outrage, GT7 had the second worst earnings in franchise history when compared to car prices, only beaten by the online only GT Sport which let you buy cars directly for real money (funny that).

Horizon is... well if you like Ubisoft games your going to like Horizon, I think iv spend a good chunk of time on it, but im just done, dont think il finish it off I have no drive to do anymore copy/paste side missions or try to farm parts for hours so my arrows do 3% more damage, its just all filler blah blah gay sex blah blah congress and its boring

Last edited:

Markio128

To be fair while I still dislike the GT7 buy currency NOW !!! & LOL ONLINE ONLY!!! issue, they have made drastic and sweeping changes in response to the outrage, let me repeat that without all those people bitching (and rightly so) about how shitty the earning system was you would hardly be rewarded in a single player part of the game for playing and would essentially have to "grind" for currency like it was some F2P title. Let me also remind people that using the power of maths before these changes due to the outrage, GT7 had the second worst earnings in franchise history when compared to car prices, only beaten by the online only GT Sport which let you buy cars directly for real money (funny that).

Horizon is... well if you like Ubisoft games your going to like Horizon, I think iv spend a good chunk of time on it, but im just done, dont think il finish it off I have no drive to do anymore copy/paste side missions or try to farm parts for hours so my arrows do 3% more damage, its just all filler blah blah gay sex blah blah congress and its boring
Sad Cry GIF

Top Bottom