• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More SNES and NES Titles Coming to NSO 5/26

ManaByte

Gold Member
Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I’m really…disappointed…irritated…not surprised. Nintendo has an amazing back catalog and this is what they give their fans…
The days of the Wii Virtual Console are long gone. The landscape has changed too much; some companies (notably Capcom and Konami, both of which have a huge presence in the NES and SNES catalogs) are releasing their own retro collections, which likely takes Castlevania, Gradius, Street Fighter, Mega Man, and other game series out of the running for NSO inclusion. And that's not even before we get to the licensed games both of those companies did (the Disney stuff from Capcom, Ninja Turtles from Konami, etc).

SEGA has released the Genesis mini and will likely release at least 3 more Genesis collections on a variety of consoles before the generation is over 😂. So that likely takes out the Genesis entirely (the Genesis was a prominent console with lots of games back on the Wii Virtual Console).

Neo Geo games are being released individually, so they're not candidates for NSO.

So I think all of that means that the main guarantee from NSO are Nintendo first-party games for whatever consoles they have available, and other "bread crumbs."

Fredrik

Nintendo's Virtual Console used to be the shit. Tons of classic games to choose from at reasonable prices.

Now-
Shocked April Fools GIF
Yeah it’s amazing how bad they’ve dropped the ball. They used to be the leader on this to an extreme degree, games from pretty much all retro system from all hardware manufacturer. I even got to play some Commodore 64 through Virtual Console. It was awesome.👌

And now they have this.

LordCBH

Yay. more drip feeding fucking SNES games for a third straight generation. Fuck off Nintendo. N64 games please.

Ikutachi

Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 is legit good, but using special moves isn't something quick to understand. I think Ken Griffey Jr.'s baseball is a better choice.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I completely forgot about this service. It wasn't even promising tbw, but they somehow turned it to shit.

Corgi1985

Banned
You think nintendo would be able to regularly release games for their PAID online service instead of arbitrarily drip feeding mediocre games

Bakkus

What a garbage selection of games. I'm glad I own a SNES in order to play the best games on that system from the cart.

Salmon

Nintendo is soooo out of sync with this SNES/NES releases. Looking like a joke. This is more or less shovelware

Shifty1897

Really the game selections on this service are so bizarre, for the last two years it just feels like they're choosing by throwing darts at a wall taped up with pictures of every SNES and NES game.

Ozzie666

There are a lot of great SNES baseball games that were stuck in Japan. It would be really cool to see some of these translated.
I remember playing I think the Namco big head ones, or more sim based back in the day. So many better options. Their selection for this service is terrible almost laughable.

Top Bottom