• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More SNES and NES Titles Coming to NSO 5/26

rubenburgt

I find it weird how the Wii u had more retro games in it's catolog than the switch, despite the switch being one of Nintendo's best selling console.

I know you had to buy those games, but still. More games were available on that console.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Hermione Granger Clapping GIF

I mean, I don’t pay NSO for this. But still.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I’m really…disappointed…irritated…not surprised. Nintendo has an amazing back catalog and this is what they give their fans…
Nintendo is a fucking joke. Ive never seen a more tone deaf corporation in my entire life. Seriously, they rarely update this service, and when they do, its not with games like chrono trigger, earthbound, or super mario rpg, its with shit like spanky’s and joe & mac. They have to be aware of the dissapointment right? They were on the right track with the dkc trilogy, id foolishly hoped that quality would continue.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Spanky’s Quest?! Legit megaton. I’m so hyped. First thing I’ve played in a while. Pure sleeper.
My buddy and I rented that as kids and really enjoyed it. Played it years later through emulation and did not see the appeal. Totally up for trying it again though. Don't remember much other than you play as a monkey and there's a witch involved.

Dr. Suchong

Nintendo is a fucking joke. Ive never seen a more tone deaf corporation in my entire life. Seriously, they rarely update this service, and when they do, its not with games like chrono trigger, earthbound, or super mario rpg, its with shit like spanky’s and joe & mac. They have to be aware of the dissapointment right? They were on the right track with the dkc trilogy, id foolishly hoped that quality would continue.
This is why PlayStation is still my preferred platform.
Sony certainly aren't infallible and have aptly demonstrated this many times.
But at least they appear to occasionally listen to the consumers wants and needs, whereas Nintendo are seemingly content to continue making these ludicrous decisions at odds with fans expectations.
At least in my personal experiences.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Pretty terrible update, but I remember seeing a list a few months ago and as far as Nintendo goes, what exactly do they have left to release? Earthbound is the SNES notable miss, but I can’t really think of others that Nintendo can bring that they own.

I'm probably gonna get wrecked for saying this, but:

Joe and Mac ain't that bad. It's a pretty fun and charming -- if flawed in places -- action platformer. I own the SNES cart and play it from time to time, and always enjoy it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
GANBARE GOEMON 3!

LEGEND OF THE MYSTICAL NINJA!

Damn you Nintendo show this awesome game some love

2F1zays.png
FYrKEoe.png

One of my favorite SNES games and I'll resub to Nintendo Online for it.

This link has a good list with reasons why a lot more games aren’t able to be put on NSO.

Lots of bullshit excuses there since a lot of those were released on the Virtual Console.

Last edited:

FrankCaron

My buddy and I rented that as kids and really enjoyed it. Played it years later through emulation and did not see the appeal. Totally up for trying it again though. Don't remember much other than you play as a monkey and there's a witch involved.
The main appeal is the mash-up of platformer + Arkanoid. The core mechanics involve bouncing a ball on your head that progressively gets bigger (and more damaging to enemies), which is your only attack, while simultaneously platforming through levels. It's a great combo as the difficult ramps up.

Here’s the thing publishers are putting out classic games on their own on the Switch. You kind of wonder if Nintendo can’t get them to agree to join the service. I’ve bought a ton of arcade archives, SEGA Ages, Capcom, Konami, SNK, and shmup games on Switch either through individual eshop titles or collections.

theclaw135

Banned
One of my favorite SNES games and I'll resub to Nintendo Online for it.

Lots of bullshit excuses there since a lot of those were released on the Virtual Console.

Perhaps but license renewal isn't a sure thing. Even Nintendo's closest allies like HAL or Intelligent Systems are legally distinct and separate companies.

theclaw135

Banned
Heck this is an IMPROVEMENT.
The final year winding down 3DS VC was three versions of the same basic game: Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. That's it.

Top Bottom