• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 IOTI Rip out your beating heart!

w0mqTpu.jpg

Release date: April 23rd 2019

PLAYSTATION 4
XBOX ONE
NINTENDO SWITCH
PC

Following Shinnok's defeat at the hands of Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X, a now-corrupted Raiden plans to protect Earthrealm by destroying all its enemies any way he can. However, a mysterious goddess named Kronika, who calls herself the "Keeper of Time", is attempting to bring order to the universe through any means necessary, including getting rid of Raiden for tampering with the events of the past in the previous game.

MORTAL KOMBAT 11 is the eleventh main installment in the Mortal Kombat series and a sequel to 2015's Mortal Kombat. There is a total of 25 playable characters from the very start, including Shao Kahn, who is a pre-order character and Frost who is able to be unlocked through the main story gameplay. Like its predecessor, Mortal Kombat 11 is a 2.5D fighting game. Alongside the returning Fatalities and Brutalities, new gameplay features are introduced, such as Fatal Blows and Krushing Blows. Fatal Blows are special moves similar to the X-Ray moves in Mortal Kombat X. Like X-Ray moves, Fatal Blows deal a large amount of damage, but unlike them, they only become available when a player's health drops below 30%, and can only be performed once per match. Krushing Blows are a special cinematic variation of a given special move, triggered when certain requirements are met, most like Brutalities in the previous game. Also new to the series is a Flawless Block mechanic, which allows for a comeback window after blocking an attack with precise timing.​

Mortal Kombat 11 also introduces a Gear system, similar to Netherrealm Studios' previous DC Comics fighting game, Injustice 2, but unlike the one in Injustice, this game's outfit-based Gear system is largely cosmetic, its appearance not being tied to the character's abilities. This said, in Mortal Kombat 11, as part of the character customization, players are allowed to create custom move lists, improving over the Variation system featured in Mortal Kombat X. Each character has a unique set of outfits and weapons, which can be further customized by players via the Custom Variation feature.

TeSU7zn.jpg
zRz2kjS.jpg
reDOlcM.jpg

poQ71KB.jpg
pUYx6nw.jpg
jgjtvCJ.jpg

xU9WvDV.jpg
azYE1E6.jpg
aGzHKOC.jpg

QPYSC5T.jpg
qzme2nG.jpg
qChS11g.jpg

Mzr4v6J.jpg
K7pgiX7.jpg
CTLNM44.jpg

HSq1m8P.jpg
UJW9T1h.jpg
MipL4TO.jpg

o0rFqHd.jpg
mRZwyQP.jpg
Ox5cmU5.jpg

5kI63kJ.jpg
NhbRQLw.jpg
rzisuZw.jpg

REVIEWS:

IGN: 9.0
Critical Hit: 90
CGMagazine: 95
Eurogamer Italy: 90
XGN: 85
Playstation Universe: 95
IGN Spain: 88
Games Radar +: 80
Trusted Reviews: 80
Worth Playing: 80
The Sixth Axis: 70

METACRITIC: 83

OPENCRITIC: 83

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great OT

I'll definitely be picking this up, was one the fence at first but the trailers sold me on it. I'm in for the story mode.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
OP can we openly discuss the leaked DLC in here? Looks likes its legit since people are even finding their dialogue intros via text dump.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Super looking forward to this! Works is busy, but my wife is out of town for a week or so starting Friday so I should be able to play a lot next weekend.

OP can we openly discuss the leaked DLC in here? Looks likes its legit since people are even finding their dialogue intros via text dump.

Absolutely. Hell even Shang Tsung was officially revealed months in advanced as a DLC character. Now so many leaks Im donw for this to be an all in one topic as there are way too many topics floating around about MK11 whenever a single update pops up so feel free to discuss whatever you like regarding the game :)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The only way I am ok with the DLC is if they get the proper voice actors.

Keith David for Spawn
Ahnold for Terminator
Bruce Campbell for Ash

If they do that, I'm down.

JimiNutz

Banned
MK9 was one of the first games that my girlfriend and I played together and so it's now become a bit of a tradition in our relationship to buy the new MK and do a little drunken tournament on release.

We've stocked up on booze so just waiting for the game to arrive now and then the drunken tournament can begin.

The reason Frost hasnt been added to the images in the OT is because A) they never released her official render, nor officially announced her and B) So far she is the only unlockable character:

9rfPpYK.jpg

So I suppose the issue from injustice and the previous mortal kombat is still in issue. Apparently the second player on local play can’t use your loadouts unless signed into an account. Obviously on Steam this is an issue because Steam doesn’t support Logging in with two accounts. I played injustice two on the Xbox and that worked with signing in my sons account but I guess this time that’s not gonna work with Steam. It would be awesome if they just allowed the second player who could be a guest Account to have everything that the first player has unlocked.

Nymphae

Banned
Ha. It gets a bit better with every game. Coming from MK9 to INJ2 was a pretty big change. INJ was the epitome of stiff.

That's what I hear, but man, you watch any video of NRS games and it's just clear as day. I don't understand why that has always been an issue for them.

Yeah. I think the animations could be way better. Generally I like the feel of input of special moves vs something say like SF.

Mk9 had a super stiff feel and was sluggish to react at times. INJ1 I think was way worse for some reason and also had crazy stiff animations. Mkx felt faster and smoother but going back to it today it feels slow and stiff compared to INJ2. I’m hoping 11 is even better but I think the animations are terrible at times and so are some of the character models. There are some ugly faces in these games.

I would love to see them fix things like I originally pointed out which is shared gear load outs for local battles. Being on Steam it doesn’t allow you to sign in another account and it seems like a super easy fix. And I hear the krypt this time is a bit grindy.

Overall I expect a pretty solid game on pc compared to the debacle that was X.

drotahorror

So I suppose the issue from injustice and the previous mortal kombat is still in issue. Apparently the second player on local play can’t use your loadouts unless signed into an account. Obviously on Steam this is an issue because Steam doesn’t support Logging in with two accounts. I played injustice two on the Xbox and that worked with signing in my sons account but I guess this time that’s not gonna work with Steam. It would be awesome if they just allowed the second player who could be a guest Account to have everything that the first player has unlocked.

So dumb. And pc players get the biggest shaft. Why NRS?

Reactions: 888
Yah...I'm not thrilled with that selection. Feels like the dlc leftovers from X and a buncha guest characters that people will for sure lap up. I'll still grab Shang at least though. =P

Though KP1 is supposed to be 6 characters so a few of those aren't making the cut. I wonder...

DLC characters got leaked🙄

Here are the nine uncovered so far:

• Shang Tsung
  • Joker
  • Nightwolf
  • Terminator
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • Ash
  • Fujin
  • Sheeva

Not one of those excite me. Terminator will play like Jason in MK X. Maybe Spawn will be cool.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I don't like how some characters in the story mode are DLC, if their already in the story mode they should be unlockable, DLC should be additional.

Whats the deal with sektor and cyrax?

If its voiced by random schmuck, no. If its voiced by Bruce Campbell take my money.

Story spoiler:
Frost is a cyborg now and
is playable.

That's not what I want tho :messenger_crying::messenger_crying: And she looks more like cyber sub-zero than sektor or cyrax :(

Honestly I would rather they put in more legacy characters like Ermac or the cyber ninjas for dlc instead of continuing with the dumb movie characters trend that started with MK9. It was novel at first but has kinda played itself out at this point. I would rather just have a legacy character or a completely new one.

Nymphae

Banned
I wish I could accurately describe what it is about the NRS stiffness....like I don't understand what the problem is. I'm watching some streams right now, and, it's looks undeniably stiff compared to other fighters, but I can't pinpoint why or where when I'm looking for stuff, everything animates and it's not like there's missing frames and stuff, I don't know what causes the look. The jumps in particular look really weird usually.

AddiF

I want the Xbox One X version of the game and the premium version to be exact. The retailer here won't be getting the premium version so I bought it as a digital code on Amazon. But it says it'll be released by 8pm tomorrow. No code yet.

Do I have to wait until the game is released to begin downloading instead of being able to pre-download? Annoys me.

Never bought games in digital codes on Amazon before, only gamepass, gift cards and such.

Top Bottom