• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 IOTI Rip out your beating heart!

waylo

Banned
Yeah, when you have consumables equipped, you can't actually activate them with a fight stick as there is no right analog stick. I don't believe they've done anything about this yet.

Honestly, I've got a stick, and I just prefer playing MK with a controller. Feels more intuitive.

Nymphae

Banned
Yeah, when you have consumables equipped, you can't actually activate them with a fight stick as there is no right analog stick. I don't believe they've done anything about this yet.

Honestly, I've got a stick, and I just prefer playing MK with a controller. Feels more intuitive.

Well can use the PS4 system level button assignment feature to put the stick clicking on L1 and L2, but I don't believe you can independently assign the stick directions to anything, and I thought I heard the guy say you need to have directional analog inputs for some things.

I just heard on an older episode of the Eventhubs podcast that the Krypt and Tower of time stuff have controller requirements that are not possible on a joystick, namely use of analog sticks. Has this been addressed at all? Would kind of like to use my stick of I get this, but I don't really want to switch between two controllers while playing.

I had asked about this when the game came out but to no avail. If you use a stick or fightpad you're dicked when it comes to consumables.

Though at this point I just run the AI fighter through towers. They're not very fun and I only do them for unlockables anyway. Otherwise I mainly just play vs and koth for actual enjoyment. =P

Nymphae

Banned
I had asked about this when the game came out but to no avail. If you use a stick or fightpad you're dicked when it comes to consumables.

Though at this point I just run the AI fighter through towers. They're not very fun and I only do them for unlockables anyway. Otherwise I mainly just play vs and koth for actual enjoyment. =P

I had no idea that AI thing was even in the game, I saw some streamers playing that this week and I thought it was a really cool idea. Reminded me of the old B-Spec mode from Gran Turismo. Sometimes I want the game running, earning me some stuff, while I watch something else or make dinner or whatnot.

Bummer about the controls though, I really don't like using a controller for fighters. Is it only the R3 & L3 that need to be used? I am able to remap those.

I had no idea that AI thing was even in the game, I saw some streamers playing that this week and I thought it was a really cool idea. Reminded me of the old B-Spec mode from Gran Turismo. Sometimes I want the game running, earning me some stuff, while I watch something else or make dinner or whatnot.

Bummer about the controls though, I really don't like using a controller for fighters. Is it only the R3 & L3 that need to be used? I am able to remap those.

Yeah you could look at it like some kind B-Spec. Though you still need to manually press a to continue after matches if you lack a turbo option and there's some modifiers the AI will not know how to deal with.

You need to be able to use the right analog stick. I have r3 and l3 buttons available but they don't do anything.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
17 hours in and still lovin the game. On stage 5 of Skarlet.

Also been doin those gauntlet stages where the cpu can do 1 hit kill fatal blows. Its crazy lol especially since you have to finish with a fatal blow too.

17 hours in and still lovin the game. On stage 5 of Skarlet.

Also been doin those gauntlet stages where the cpu can do 1 hit kill fatal blows. Its crazy lol especially since you have to finish with a fatal blow too.

Man i cant get past Shao Kahn lol. Fuck his one hit kill.

Shaqazooloo

Sat down and played a few hours of the story mode (after focusing on Cuphead and Final Fantasy X) and had a lot of fun. I'm getting better and figuring out combo's and movesets. My favorites so far are Scorpion and Johnny Cage, both in Kombat and as Karacters.

Last edited:

TheShocker

I’ve been playing this in my free time on Xbox and the game is an absolute blast. I’m somewhere between button masher and bad, but if anyone else out there wants to practice or maybe just has a ton of patience to play, add me: TheShockerX

Sub_Level

Sub_Level

I love the "cosplaying" characters in the gauntlet tower where they palette swap the ninjas and give em certain assists.

On a Triborg tower now. Did a Chameleon/Khameleon tower not too far back.

Shaqazooloo

I finished story mode the other day. Had a really good time, a lot of the play sessions I had playing in bed made me not want to put down my Switch. Surprised by how many fights their were, didn't really seem like their was that many but I suppose when I booted up the game I was doing 15-20 fights per session.

I think i've improved a little bit but I still think i'm trash. I might give online a shot and hopefully i'll find trash tier players like myself playing, in the meantime I suppose i'll do Towers of Time and Krypt to unlock Fatalities.

If anyone knows an easy way to grind Koins and hearts i'd like to hear it.

Also what do the Soul Fragments do an how do I use them?

Shaqazooloo Shaqazooloo

Believe it or not, just by doing Towers of Time you will be getting coins in no time. To make it mentally easier, set up your AI to do that grind for you. Its gonna go faster and the AI 99% always does a fatality each mach which gives you hearts. Another good way is keep an eye out on consumables. There are some that are valid for a whole tower like doubling your cash win prize etc.

As for hearts...no easy way but again you could get them faster by playing ToT.

Green orbs are used in the Krypt at the skelletons and statues holding green light. 100 is to unlock one.

P.S. fatalities you already got unlocked. Brutalities are locked under Krypt and ToT.

Shaqazooloo

Shaqazooloo Shaqazooloo

Believe it or not, just by doing Towers of Time you will be getting coins in no time. To make it mentally easier, set up your AI to do that grind for you. Its gonna go faster and the AI 99% always does a fatality each mach which gives you hearts. Another good way is keep an eye out on consumables. There are some that are valid for a whole tower like doubling your cash win prize etc.

As for hearts...no easy way but again you could get them faster by playing ToT.

Green orbs are used in the Krypt at the skelletons and statues holding green light. 100 is to unlock one.

P.S. fatalities you already got unlocked. Brutalities are locked under Krypt and ToT.
Thank you.

I'm still locked out from using the green orbs, do I need something to be able to use them?

I meant the second fatality everyone has.

My mistake, you are right, the second fatality is locked out untill you find them in the Krypt or ToT. However if you find online the movelist, you can do the second fatality but it wont unlock it, you still need to find it. But basically as long as you know the input, even if its not unlocked, you can do the second fatality.

Sub_Level

Beat all 30 floors of the gauntlet! Some tips:

- do not waste Cleansing Stones or AMS if you find them. Save them for when you really need it. They disable weather and missile modifiers respectivley.
- best attack konsumables are fast projectiles. SF Radio, reptile energy ball, reiko shurikens, mileena sai, hydro wave, nitara bats. That sort of stuff. Homing rockets are not great.
- life crystals are good at first but theres a better healing item that heals you over time and doesnt have a startup animation.
- most assists are not worth 3 slots. But Liu Kang assist is pretty godlike.
- a couple levels force you to play as scorpion and johnny cage, but the vast majority can be played by your character of choice.

Some challenges were rage inducing but ultimately this was a great addition to the game. It really is like the good old mk9 challenge tower.

This game is not for me. I don't know why I keep thinking the next one will be the one. I didn't like Mortal Kombat X, so why would I like this? At least it was free.

I installed it, played it for an hour and don't have much interest in playing more. I was really bored. My friend likes it more.

I just feel bad for the disc drive, for all the unnecessary wear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom