• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 IOTI Rip out your beating heart!

Looks lame? too distracting? Too colourful for something that should be threatening?

If I posted something like "I'll bring you down to the depths of hell" and placed a rainbow beside that text, would that not look silly and undermine the post.
It's their profile pic, it's that simple pride-month-thing that EVERY single company is doing. It has nothing to do with their post. You know, what looks silly? Scorpion in something else than a shade of yellow, Sub-Zero in the brightest of reds. THAT looks silly!

Shaqazooloo

It's their profile pic, it's that simple pride-month-thing that EVERY single company is doing. It has nothing to do with their post.
I think the pride month thing is dumb too and they shouldn't have changed their profile pic to a silly looking rainbow dragon. They deal with a series that deals with a ton of gore, rainbow dragons don't fit with that...
You know, what looks silly? Scorpion in something else than a shade of yellow, Sub-Zero in the brightest of reds. THAT looks silly!
Agreed.

I think the pride month thing is dumb too and they shouldn't have changed their profile pic to a silly looking rainbow dragon. They deal with a series that deals with a ton of gore, rainbow dragons don't fit with that...

That settles it folks, NRS and everything that relates to them is pidgeonholed into a gritty, violence theme now and forever. It's not like their second game ever had "Friendships" (Including the evil soul stealing sorcerer presenting a rainbow) followed by "Babalities". They have no history a taking a light and goofy view of their IP.

Not to mention one of the Kombast Kast crew recently came out publicly and the studio wanted to show support. Apparently thats a bridge too far because it looks a little silly.

No place in a MK game. Just silly.

I was pretty stoked for Shang Tsung especially as he's played by the original Mortal Kombat movie actor - Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

In Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, I was that asshole who knew how to morph into everyone with a handful of special movies and another handful of fatalities at my disposal so this takes me back and the characters featured in this pack are decent but $53 dollars CAD for Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel and klassic skins pack? Really... thats highway robbery at most maybe $6-$7 a character considering they were probably already on the disc anyways, kind of a piss off.

Nymphae

Banned
$53 dollars CAD for Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel and klassic skins pack? Really... thats highway robbery at most maybe $6-$7 a character considering they were probably already on the disc anyways, kind of a piss off.

Well you also get a couple other characters, Spawn and the unannounced stuff. It's not the worst deal I don't think, but I'm still not used to dropping over half the price of a game again a few months down the road to get the rest of the content. Fighting games need to do better.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I was pretty stoked for Shang Tsung especially as he's played by the original Mortal Kombat movie actor - Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

In Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, I was that asshole who knew how to morph into everyone with a handful of special movies and another handful of fatalities at my disposal so this takes me back and the characters featured in this pack are decent but $53 dollars CAD for Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel and klassic skins pack? Really... thats highway robbery at most maybe $6-$7 a character considering they were probably already on the disc anyways, kind of a piss off.

Just buy shang tsung then? He will be available standalone starting on June 25. You dont have to buy the season pass.

Nymphae

Banned
I still think this variation system is dumb and needlessly confusing. I was playing local with a friend last night and we went to the Local area of the Fight section. So this mode has it's own set of variations which are completely different from the one's you are forced to use in Ranked or Tournament modes. WHY? I want to play in the Local mode, because it has some more options and we can pause to figure out fatalities after the match, but obviously I also want to become accustomed to how characters play in the "official" modes, so what, I have to build these Tournament presets in the Local mode myself? Why are these not selectable options?

Last edited:
None of Shang Tsung's awesome ninja special moves in Mortal Kombat 11 can be used in tournament or ranked mode

That's pretty dumb, I think this whole variation stuff is crap. I'm not interested in building my own sets that I won't be able to use anywhere other than local games, so I'm stuck deciding between two gimped versions of a character to play online.

Oh, so my customized character movesets can’t be used in ranked or tournament mode? I was wondering why I can only use them in versus and single player mode. That’s pretty silly.....kind of defeats the purpose of customizing the moveset.

I don't have a grip on how all of the systems work yet, but yes as far as I know, for Ranked and Tournament, you must use the NRS preset variations.

I see. I knew something wasn’t right. Thanks for the clarification. That’s probably going to throw me off a little when I play kasual and then ranked modes.

Nymphae

Banned
I see. I knew something wasn’t right. Thanks for the clarification. That’s probably going to throw me off a little when I play kasual and then ranked modes.

For sure, I remember hearing James Chen talk about this on a podcast, and there is a way to make the NRS presets accessible in the Local mode, but I think it requires going through and creating each one of those NRS variations again as one of your "custom" variations, and then I think you can select those in Local. So dumb.

Last edited:
This is kinda old news by now but since it's not in this thread...

UJEcCf3.jpg

Data mined costumes. Cool to see the MK2 costumes for the female ninjas, cept Skarlet, who should be wearing something else.:messenger_smirking:

Nymphae

Banned
This is kinda old news by now but since it's not in this thread...

Data mined costumes. Cool to see the MK2 costumes for the female ninjas, cept Skarlet, who should be wearing something else.:messenger_smirking:

Still looks like they're scared of cleavage. Those look decent though.

Still looks like they're scared of cleavage. Those look decent though.

Yeah you'd need the MK3 versions for cleavage. Though I actually prefer the MK2 outfits over 3; which is probably just nostalgia, of which I have quite a bit for MK2 whereas MK3...is more for the era than the game. :messenger_winking:

Though those do highlight Mileena's absence from 11. =/

For sure, I remember hearing James Chen talk about this on a podcast, and there is a way to make the NRS presets accessible in the Local mode, but I think it requires going through and creating each one of those NRS variations again as one of your "custom" variations, and then I think you can select those in Local. So dumb.

I see. That does seem unnecessary and silly. No wonder I was wondering what was going on with my custom move sets when I entered rank.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Played a few Online Kasual matches. Didn't go as bad as I thought it would. I lost against my first opponent, won against my second though. The first one was really close. I really like Erron Black, love the cowboy look and recklessness, his moves are pretty good. Seems to be my go to for this game.

I might try rank to see if I can get Blood skin, but I think I might stick with casual for now.

Nymphae

Banned
axVW3qT.png

I was never a fan of this character to begin with, but I'm really not digging the half Darth Vader bicycle helmet he's got going on here.

axVW3qT.png

I was never a fan of this character to begin with, but I'm really not digging the half Darth Vader bicycle helmet he's got going on here.

On the positive side it will most likely be customizable. Though yeah, it's still Nightwolf who I've never had any interest in either. He'd have to have a particularly interesting and fun looking moveset to get me on board.

On the positive side it will most likely be customizable. Though yeah, it's still Nightwolf who I've never had any interest in either. He'd have to have a particularly interesting and fun looking moveset to get me on board.
Man, I will never get the MK9 Alt-costume Wolfhead-Item... it will be the rarest and most difficult to get one, I bet.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Anyone any idea when mk11 ultimate will come out?

I recently finally got injustice 2 complete.
Been enjoying the game.

I just wondered how long WB usually takes to release the finished game🤔

Nickolaidas

Been enjoying the game.

This one may take a little longer than usual, if they actually go through with 3 kombat packs.

Been enjoying the game.

I thought they released the special edition within a year or so after the game released, but with all the kombat packs it’s hard to say now. Maybe in two years or something?

Fuck yeah, I love it, when I buy the Premium Super Deluxe get bent and here comes Daddy Edition with bells, whistles and moaning and then the greedy fucks spit out DLC, that is not included in the fucking Season Pass. THE! FUCK? But yeah, here, download this fucking patch on pc, that only adds this shit plus the advertisement for it and does NOT include the real "patches" that the consoles got weeks before. Man, I hate, that I like this game.

The worst thing? They aren't even good. And wow, 3 whole skins? yeah that's worth 6€... right?

LOL at the 4 positive reviews on steam.

What a shit show.

Nickolaidas

Fuck yeah, I love it, when I buy the Premium Super Deluxe get bent and here comes Daddy Edition with bells, whistles and moaning and then the greedy fucks spit out DLC, that is not included in the fucking Season Pass. THE! FUCK? But yeah, here, download this fucking patch on pc, that only adds this shit plus the advertisement for it and does NOT include the real "patches" that the consoles got weeks before. Man, I hate, that I like this game.

The worst thing? They aren't even good. And wow, 3 whole skins? yeah that's worth 6€... right?

What a shit show.
Are you feeling alright, friend?

What a shit show.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the trend with fighting games and things are going to get much worst I feel. Even if you buy the super ultra mega edition of the game for like $100, you still aren’t getting the entire experience.

Last edited:
I know nobody gives a shit but I just hit demi-god playing sub-zero avalanche only and I'm really proud of myself lol. It's first fighting game where i've been hooked up and tried pretty hard to learn the game :p so yeah FeelsGoodMan
images

Last edited:
Top Bottom