• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

Flipyap

SolidSnakex said:
This was posted on TRMK

otQji.png

It's supposed to be one of Mileena's alts.
What what? A well designed costume for a female character? Get that shit out of my Mortal Kombat!

(I really like this costume, but Mileena is the one character who actually should be wearing those ridiculous stripper half-outfits)

Khezu

mr. puppy said:
so any word on what Kabal is looking like movelist wise? I remember him being godlike in MK3 when he had the saw move that I always forgot about but looked awesome in combos. Was he any good in the other games?

I mean, check this shit out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J0x_5HJaWk

From his reveal trailer he seems to have very similar moves, though his dash seems to be nerfed a bit, and doesn't go full screen unless its the EX version.

Theres some guy on twitter who claims to have a bunch of spoilers. Seems like hes already gained some notoriety from some people who are well connected as well. Not gonna link him because an asshole like him doesn't really deserve the attention, plus I believe hes posting spoilers from the leaked text files on his twitter as well (stopped reading when I started to see a bunch of random quotes that looked like they could be bios or endings from MK).

But out of the small amount of tweets I saw plus the tweets from someone else who had a conversation with him who also claimed to be in the know...

- Shinnok is a DLC character
- Xbox 360 exclusive WB character is someone from Sucker Punch or Harry Potter

Take it with a grain of salt but mildly interesting to chew on...

fernoca

Diablohead said:
I do hope some of the MK1 music is remixed or in as an extra for the remade mk1 stages, ooooh yea
Unless you're refering to something else, that's already in the game.
Select the arena pressing start and you get to fight on it with the classic music. (Pit = The Pit Music from MK, Living Forest = MKII Living Forest music, and so on).

Or is something else?:p

Khezu

I really like the 3 variations of the rooftop stage, the gradual destruction of the city and invasion of outworld.

Plus the loony toons back and forth with the helecopter and dragon is also pretty great.

Diablohead said:
I do hope some of the MK1 music is remixed or in as an extra for the remade mk1 stages, ooooh yea

For most stages... Classic music = Original music from MK1,2,3,UMK3. New Music = Remixed version of classic music.

TreIII

shinobi602 said:
Wish Fujin was in the game...he had some pretty badass moves and an interesting character =/

You aren't the only one. But I count it all joy that he...

appears in a number of arcade mode endings, including Kratos'. That gives rise to the notion that he either is a secret character, or he's bound to be up for another round of DLC some time down the road.

Frankfurt

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
Theres some guy on twitter who claims to have a bunch of spoilers. Seems like hes already gained some notoriety from some people who are well connected as well. Not gonna link him because an asshole like him doesn't really deserve the attention, plus I believe hes posting spoilers from the leaked text files on his twitter as well (stopped reading when I started to see a bunch of random quotes that looked like they could be bios or endings from MK).

But out of the small amount of tweets I saw plus the tweets from someone else who had a conversation with him who also claimed to be in the know...

- Shinnok is a DLC character
- Xbox 360 exclusive WB character is someone from Sucker Punch or Harry Potter

Take it with a grain of salt but mildly interesting to chew on...

He's the guy that leaked the select screen, so yeah, he's legit. And he said that as an example of the kind of character that we'll get for the 360, if you read the tweets that came before and after you'll notice it. My assumption is that he means a WB character instead of the expected Microsoft one.

That being said, we had info on the 360 character from two other legit leakers (people that provided previous, confirmed spoilers for the game) and all three contradict each other.

Are many here in agreement that the MK universe has some of the more interesting characters in a fighting series/game?

I could be biased because I grew up with MK as my main go-to fighting game, though I did play Street Fighter often and Marvel vs Capcom sometimes. But something about MK was different. I was just attached it more than the others.

Mortal Kombat has always been more story-based than Street Fighter ever was, so it makes sense that it'd be easier to "connect" with the characters.

shinobi602 said:
Are many here in agreement that the MK universe has some of the more interesting characters in a fighting series/game?

I could be biased because I grew up with MK as my main go-to fighting game, though I did play Street Fighter often and Marvel vs Capcom sometimes. But something about MK was different. I was just attached it more than the others.
I do think that is the case. I grew up with both MK and SF (also grew up with Art of Fighting, Samurai Showdown, King of Fighters and later on with the ps1 fighters). MK seemed to have the best universe and always something epic going in the background. And when the MK movie came...I was in heaven.

Am I the only one who prefers robot Smoke? Did they say anything about the alt for Chris Walken Smoke being Cyber Smoke?

And also, did they say anything about the max number of playable characters? Or the max number of DLC characters?

There were 2 announced DLC characters right? Kenshi and the "Lady in Red"? Anybody else?

Unicorn said:
And still a Scorpion clone.

I'm excited/hesitant to see how the "NEW" smoke plays.
When I was a kid I made up the story in my head to be that Scorpion copied the moves from Smoke because Smoke was Sub-Zero's best friend, and he did it to taunt him.

shinobi602 said:
Am I the only one who prefers robot Smoke? Did they say anything about the alt for Chris Walken Smoke being Cyber Smoke?

And also, did they say anything about the max number of playable characters? Or the max number of DLC characters?

There were 2 announced DLC characters right? Kenshi and the "Lady in Red"? Anybody else?
Wasn't human Smoke god-tier? I think that's where all the love for him comes from.

Struct09

shinobi602 said:

Boon was asking if people wanted to see Robo Smoke as DLC, so I wouldn't expect Walken Smoke to have a robotic alternate.

Top Bottom