• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - Johnny Cage and Mileena renders / Character bios

ItIsOkBro

t9shYQ1.jpg

SlJm9Un.jpg

Cassie Cage

The daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, has a lot to live up to. Her parents were among the few kombatants to survive the wars against Outworld and NetherRealm, and were instrumental to EarthRealm's victories. Cassie is as strong-willed--and occasionally hotheaded--as her mother; and as quick-witted as her beloved dad, which makes her popular within her Special Forces unit.

D'Vorah

Is of a race called the Kytinn, which populates the island realm of Arnyek. The solitary nature of the Kytinn meant a common defense of their realm was impossible; thus it was conquered and merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. D'Vorah's loyalty and insightfulness, unusual traits for a Kytinn, led to her quick political rise.

Ferra/Torr

The dual being known as Ferra/Torr is mysterious even to their closest allies. It's rumored that Torr and Ferra were Outworld citizens, captured and permanently tethered to each other by the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in the bowels of his Flesh Pits. They're more likely members of a forgotten symbiotic race, in which the 'rider' bonds with a 'mount.' The rider, Ferra, serves as the de facto brains of the duo, while the hulking Torr is the muscle. It's possible they communicate with each other telepathically, or that Ferra can actually understand Torr’s booming grunts. Found roaming the Tarkatan Wastes by Kotal Kahn’s troops, Ferra/Torr were pressed into service as the emperor’s personal bodyguards.

Johnny Cage

Hollywood action hero Johnny Cage entered his first Mortal Kombat tournament for the publicity. Raiden observed that the arrogant, loquacious Cage, was 'a hero. .. though he may not yet know it.' Raiden was correct, of course: Johnny's martial arts skills were not special effects--and were pivotal in EarthRealm's victory.

Kano

Kano is a member of the Black Dragon, a group of international arms dealers. Sonya, Jax and the Special Forces have been trying to shut them down for decades. Though he's from EarthRealm (Australia), Kano usually sides with his home realm's enemies. In the past he provided high tech weapons both to Shao Kahn's Outworld armies and Shinnok and Quan Chi of the NetherRealm. After Shinnok's defeat Kano returned to Outworld, keeping a low profile but making a tidy profit running guns from Earth to Outworld.

Kotal Khan

Kotal Khan was a young boy in the warrior realm of Osh-Tekk when it was merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. He grew up admiring the Outworld emperor. But Kotal kept hidden from Shao Kahn a secret Osh-Tekk portal to EarthRealm. Kotal's 'magical' appearances and demonstrations of great power in EarthRealm led its inhabitants to declare him a god, whom they called Buluc. After Shao Kahn was killed in the war with EarthRealm, Kotal served Shao Kahn’s heir Mileena. But her instability eventually led Kotal to overthrow her and assume the emperorship.

Mileena

Perceiving a lack of loyalty in his adopted daughter, Kitana, Shao Kahn ordered Shang Tsung to create a replacement, a daughter worthy to be his heir. Shang Tsung fulfilled Shao Kahn's order by fusing Tarkatan DNA with Kitana’s. The resulting hybrid Mileena is as bloodthirsty and vicious as a Tarkatan, but possesses the martial artistry and poise of an Edenian.

Raiden

Raiden is the God of Thunder and the Protector of EarthRealm. Millennia ago he and the Elder Gods defeated Shinnok, who sought dominion over the realms. More recently, Raiden thwarted Outworld's attempts to conquer and merge with EarthRealm. However victory came at great cost. Many of Raiden's closest allies were killed in the battle. Raiden's strength was further tested when an escaped Shinnok’s NetherRealm armies attacked an EarthRealm weakened by war. Ultimately Raiden imprisoned Shinnok again--this time in Shinnok's own Amulet.

Scorpion

Hanzo Hasashi was a member of the Shirai-Ryu assassin clan until they and his family were killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Lin Kuei clan. Hanzo's soul was claimed by the NetherRealm sorcerer Quan Chi, who resurrected him as the revenant Scorpion and gave him the chance to avenge his family's deaths.

Sub-Zero

Kuai Liang and his older brother Bi-Han served the Lin Kuei assassin clan faithfully until the first Mortal Kombat tournament. There Bi-Han, code-named Sub-Zero, was killed by the demon Scorpion. Kuai Liang assumed the Sub-Zero mantle and went to Outworld to find his brother's killer.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KOOUVNI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Fandangox

Johnny lookin' good.

Its so weird to see Johnny not being used as pure comedic relief anymore.

Edit: By reading the character descriptions then it seems Sub-Zero is the younger one, scar should have given it away, but one can't ever be too sure with how Boon rolls.

@MUWANdo

Banned
A lot of those bios mention the Netherrealm war in the past tense. Are they really just gonna skip over that whole thing? Odd.

Fandangox

A lot of those bios mention the Netherrealm war in the past tense. Are they really just gonna skip over that whole thing? Odd.

Who knows, its supposed to span 25 years since MK9, but the comic seems to have skipped all that, so its probably why its referred to as past tense. Its possible that the early chapters in the story mode will deal with that.

Johnny lookin' good.

Edit: By reading the character descriptions then it seems Sub-Zero is the younger one, scar should have given it away, but one can't ever be too sure with how Boon rolls.

Are you saying he won't be? I'm sure he'll still be a goofball, even more so in his old(er) age.

Fandangox

Are you saying he won't be? I'm sure he'll still be a goofball, even more so in his old(er) age.

No I am confident he WILL be, but in the earlier MK games that was the entire purpose of his character, in MK9 and MKX it seems he is actually competent/important.
The comics even say he is EarthRealm's current champion.

Nyx

Bah...

The fact that Johnny Cage and probably Sonya, Jax and Kenshi are playable chars while their children are in as well really is a letdown for me.

Johnny lookin' good.

Spoilers
Its all but confirmed in the comics its the older one. That bio is just misdirection. Sub-Zero attacks someone who assumes he's come on behalf of Quan Chi, and Sub-Zero says something like "Quan Chi is in the past". Later on he gets a dagger to the face which causes the scar, and the dagger is supposed to possess him, but he says something like "I won't be possessed again"

ALSO, the timeline is completely different. The scar is a callback to the scar Sub-Zero has in MK3, but Sub-Zero (the younger one) gets that scar escaping the Lin Kuei which doesn't happen in the current timeline because he does get captured and turned into Cyber Sub-Zero.

Fandangox

Spoilers
Its all but confirmed in the comics its the older one. That bio is just misdirection. Sub-Zero attacks someone who assumes he's come on behalf of Quan Chi, and Sub-Zero says something like "Quan Chi is in the past". Later on he gets a dagger to the face which causes the scar, and the dagger is supposed to possess him, but he says something like "I won't be possessed again"

Uh interesting.. Wonder what will become of the other one then.

Harpoon

Spoilers

ALSO, the timeline is completely different. The scar is a callback to the scar Sub-Zero has in MK3, but Sub-Zero (the younger one) gets that scar escaping the Lin Kuei which doesn't happen in the current timeline because he does get captured and turned into Cyber Sub-Zero.

How does any of that not apply to the younger one? He was also enslaved by Quan Chi, and he said "I won't die again", not "I won't be possessed again." Because Kuai Liang died as well in the last game.

ItIsOkBro

Spoilers

It's still up in the air I mean both of those things would make sense said by either Sub-Zero.

dankir

So is Johnny going to murder his daughter with a fatality and vice versa when they fight?

That's going to be sad :(

Fandangox

He was, and the younger brother
was turned into Cyber Sub-Zero.
So none of it makes sense as is.

Well
They are both dead so they can probably be "restored" to their normal forms if brought back to life, but Jax still has the metal arms...

I have strange connection to these character since they have been around since I was about 15. It's really cool to see them age like this. Cage has still got it. lol

dankir

I think it's gonna be hilarious.

She's going to shoot her dad in the head and put bubble gum in the bullethole?

He's probably going to tear her torso off or pull her brain out through her skull.

I hope they have him mutter "Sorry baby" or her say "I hate you dad!"

lol

Natiko

Banned
Glad Johnny Cage is going to be playable then I assume. Was pretty bummed out when it seemed like his daughter replaced him.

This straight up seems like they're skipping most of the war and retconning a lot of their retcons because fuck, I don't know, BOOOOOOON

Top Bottom