• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Lately, there are games that give you a cinematic experience, but it's not like the classic games that are fun anymore.

There are video games that are too boring and you need to have a lot of determination to finish them.

Martha is Dead, for me without a doubt it is the most boring game I have ever tried, I even fell asleep in the middle of the game because of how heavy it is, without a doubt it was an experience of knowing the story, but I would never play it again.

hora-de-lanzamiento-de-martha-is-dead-en-pc-playstation-y-xbox.jpg

This and Sherlock Holmes games by Frogwares.

Specially this game....

huu4Ruy7IpMKwiz3JAuSootQ.png

An sleep pills does not have as much power as these games.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Morrowind on OG XBOX.....I no joke fell sleep while walking around endlessly in the game...it was the middle of the day.....I never do that

if you told me at the time I was playing basically the future of video games (open-world action role-playing) I would have given up the hobby right then and there

Last edited:

MikonJuice

Gone Home. Walking simulators in general are... boring.

I'm hurt to say it, but Death Stranding. I finished the game, thought some ideas were awesome... but having motorcycles were useless. Almost all of the terrains just sucked to walk by (motorcycles and cars didn't make much difference...). I know... it's part of the gameplay, but after some 40 hours, you start to get bored. Also, the structures were awesome, but the amount of things to get were just too much.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
How can this thread be anything else than a sea of random and even good games that some people subjectively isn't interested nor invested in. F.ex., the first three Assassin's Creed games interestingly enough frequently put me to sleep.

Last edited:

Zannegan

CoD campaigns, Uncharted 1-3, etc. I'm not throwing shade at the games themselves; they're best-in-class examples of production value in their generations. Action setpieces just don't do much for me. I did like some of Uncharted's puzzles, just not enough to play through the rest of it myself.

Jennings

Inside. Waste of $20 for 2.5 hours of baby's first puzzles.
Super Mario 3D World. As an ardent fan of Mario platformers this entry surprises even me. Sterile and bland.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE#. The combat was repetitive, simplistic, and monotonous. The exploration took me nowhere interesting, and kept me confined to identical looking pathways with identical enemies for hours upon hours.
Fire Emblem Warriors. I played this after putting hundreds of hours into the first Hyrule Warriors. This game is straight up tedious and dull, with no interesting characters, combos, or weapons. Hyrule Warriors is everything this game is not.
The Pit. A roguelike set in the Sword of the Stars universe. I knew I was in for a horrible time when the first hour of every game would be spent fighting stupid rats. So derivative and by-the-numbers it feels intentional.

.Pennywise

Banned
Gone Home

People told me I was going to be in awe at its story and storytelling.

At the end (and when I say the end I mean just 2 hours in when I had to drop it due to start falling asleep), it resulted in a fucking emo lesbian tale that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual setting of the game

Last edited:
Cinematic games are terrible, incredibly linear experiences where everyone will come to the exact same conclusion. I agree.

I understand why they’re successful, the barrier to entry is low for games and shared experiences between friends, peers, coworkers, whoever is valuable.

They’re games in the slightest sense due to basic player agency.

They’re experiences not games.

They are valid and fine but don’t tell me a single player cinematic game is the best game you’ve ever played.

They’re exercises in masterbation in every sense, for developers and players. Tech demos with little gameplay risk and paired with a license or previously successful IP is an incredibly easy investment.

Financed by people who care about returns, purchased by people who want breezy experiences and probably, you yourself.

You’ve been played.

giphy.webp

Zeroing

Banned
A game is boring because you perceive it is so. Just because you think it's boring doesn't mean a perfectly functional compatriot doesn't find it interesting. A lot of people need to get over themselves. Elitism in game is laughable.
I agree, I also could argue that MP shooters are also boring. All you do is shoot...same line of though with the "walking simulators" are boring because all you do is walk...

People love to hate stuff...

Y0ssarian

Banned
The Last of Us Part II, Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy, Infamous Second Son, basically a lot of first party Sony games. I did enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn though. Forza Horizon 5. Kirby Star Allies, Super Mario Odyssey. I wouldn't say they are "most boring ever", but they're recent examples

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Dvinity Original Sin II. I do get why people love it but holy shit was it a snoozefest for me and my friends.

Tiny Tina assault on dragon's keep was pretty terrible recently in coop.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
That last season of Telltale The Walking Dead, felt completely pointless, should have ended after season 3.
Still havent touched it after season 1. Just felt there was no way they could top that. are they worth going back to?

I did enjoy batman enemy within and the wolf among us for what its worth

jaysius

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn, State of Decay 2, Days Gone. Forza Horizon 3-5. Avengers, Mass Effect 2-3 and 1 in the awful remake, Halo Infinite. Gears 5.

The list goes on.

lol at the person presenting a grayman strawman blanket accusing anyone that finds any game boring as an elitest. We’re allowed to have preferences, some of the games that are boring are overhyped down our throats by the whore media that pad scores like there’s no tomorrow and hype bitches throwing hyperbole about games that the games don’t deserve. Also fucking devs that promise “your choices matter” or “you can approach the situation anyway you want” when in reality the game is so watered down that the choice doesn’t matter and mission design is such shit the mission isn’t interesting. Boring games are real, don’t fool yourself.

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE#. The combat was repetitive, simplistic, and monotonous. The exploration took me nowhere interesting, and kept me confined to identical looking pathways with identical enemies for hours upon hours.
Fire Emblem Warriors. I played this after putting hundreds of hours into the first Hyrule Warriors. This game is straight up tedious and dull, with no interesting characters, combos, or weapons. Hyrule Warriors is everything this game is not.
Hol up an rpg game and a musou game?

Deerock71

Look, I don't remember what it's called, but there was a King Kong first person game for the Nintendo DS which I actually purchased and sold one or two days later. For lack of a better title, I'll call it King Kong's gonaDS.

Last edited:

PSYGN

Death Stranding and I never even played it so I'll get extra hated here.

Edit: Dang it, the thread title means my opinion is extra invalid.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not sure about the most boring game I've ever played, but one of the recent ones was Biomutant.

Started off fine, then quickly became boring and repetitive.

Fredrik

Generally speaking I don’t play games that bore me more than maybe 30 minutes, but I’ve been tricked to play boring games longer than I wanted from reading critics reviews and liking previous game a dev has made.

Examples:

Shadow of the Colossus, the most boring game I’ve actually finished. Can’t even count how many times I actually fell asleep riding to the next colossus. I don’t care that the empty world is supposed to make sense storywise, can’t make a game about traversing an empty map. Absolute snorefest. It’s more fun traversing dead planets in No Man’s Sky. Could’ve had a meny where you just choose the next colossus to fight instead. Can’t believe there is actually a remake too without much added.
Edit: Playing the remake now. It’s sooo incredibly boring. Why the long rides with nothing happening? What’s the deal? Just let me fast travel to the next colossus instead of wasting my time like that.

The Gunk, probably played it 2 hours, critics thought it was quite good and I liked the dev’s previous Steamworld Dig games. Simply too slow and not interesting enough gameplay-wise.

NHL 2021, a friend loves it, I never even got to any real match, was bored from the training alone.

Halo Infinite, so-so start, cool walking out moment when reaching the open map, then it just kept doing the same thing over and over and over. I thought it would pick up the speed since the critics loved it but after 16 hours of doing the same clearing of forts with the same enemies in the same type of environment I had enough. If it gets better later then why not start with that?

The Medium, I actually liked this, the maw managed to scare me good, but there was one area where you would go back and forth and direct water to different areas where I was so bored I would’ve dropped it if I hadn’t already played so much. It was already a slow-paced game but that was a severe case of wasting the player’s time, not okay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom