• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Fredrik

King's Field 4(also 1&2) PAL

It's just so slow. When you swing a sword it goes like: Sssssssssslllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Lol yeah PAL games on PS1 in general was like that, it’s like characters are walking/running/jumping under water, there was a website doing PAL vs NTSC comparisons and I just went all in on US imports after that, some games from that era are ridiculously slow, especially games that are already slow in the originals.

Pillars of Eternity and its sequel are two of the most narcolepsy inducing games I have ever played. Just so awfully dull (amongst other things).

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Generally speaking I don’t play games that bore me more than maybe 30 minutes, but I’ve been tricked to play boring games longer than I wanted from reading critics reviews and liking previous game a dev has made.

Examples:

Shadow of the Colossus, the most boring game I’ve actually finished. Can’t even count how many times I actually fell asleep riding to the next colossus. I don’t care that the empty world is supposed to make sense storywise, can’t make a game about traversing an empty map. Absolute snorefest. It’s more fun traversing dead planets in No Man’s Sky. Could’ve had a meny where you just choose the next colossus to fight instead. Can’t believe there is actually a remake too without much added.
Strongly disagree with SoTC.

It is one of the most wonderful works of the video game industry.

It's even in my top 13 best games of all time .

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Visual novels. All of them. Clicking through cutscenes with no gameplay is not my idea of fun. Read a book or watch a movie. Trash genre

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Last edited:

Nydius

Launch version No Man's Sky.
Recore.
Every Assassin's Creed game since Black Flag.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
The Gunk.
Hellblade.
Most of the David Cage/Quantic Dream 'games', but especially Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human.
Pokemon Sword/Shield (first one I put down and never picked back up again).

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Nino kuni 2. I pressed 1 button and win, only game I've ever resold, I got slack from my friends that the easy difficulty is fine

But then months later they patch in harder difficulty

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Forgot my time with Final Fantasy XV. Those car sections could put anyone to sleep.

I still want to give it another chance, since some people here seem to have enjoyed their time with the game. I'll just have some reading or podcast ready for those car sections.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Any fake with to many cut scenes, Spider-Man MM has far to many early on. Loved the first Spider-Man game but not gelling with the sequel
Yet. It ain’t boring but cut scenes are.

To many cut scenes spoil it, I wanna play the game not watch a movie

Fredrik

Strongly disagree with SoTC.

It is one of the most wonderful works of the video game industry.

It's even in my top 13 best games of all time .
I understand the reasoning behind the emptiness from a story perspective, but from a gameplay perspective it’s barely even a game between the colossus fights. It’s nothing, it’s like running in the loading scene in an Assassin’s Creed game, complete waste of time. The auto riding in RDR2 is like a twitchy shmup in comparison, then you can at least wake up to a firefight or a comical Super-Man flight when Arthur gets thrown off the horse and fly into a tree 😝

GrayFoxPL

Lol yeah PAL games on PS1 in general was like that, it’s like characters are walking/running/jumping under water, there was a website doing PAL vs NTSC comparisons and I just went all in on US imports after that, some games from that era are ridiculously slow, especially games that are already slow in the originals.
Yeah! Could you remember the site?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Forgot to mention the loot ARPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile. That genre is so damn boring to me even when playing with friends.

Fbh

That I've actually beaten:

Death Stranding: Did just enough interesting things with the story to keep me playing but the gameplay gets extremely boring after the first 10 hours or so. I don't even mind that it doesn't have a lot of combat, in fact I hated the encounters. But I think even the traversal could have been much better. I felt like I spent two thirds of the game walking in a straight line.

Disco Elysium: I do think it's really well written and in many ways it felt more like a true RPG than a lot of other games in the genre. But as someone who usually gets time for gaming late at night I really struggled with this one. Felt asleep at least twice with this since the whole game is just walking around and going through lengthy conversations which are occasionally interrupted by lengthy internal monologues. It's all very dense too.

Last edited:

Hydroxy

Just started playing Star Wars Squadrons, uninstalled after 2 hours, its so boring. Another one was RDR2. People love it but I found it boring. Oh yes and all the Halo games. I've never been able to finish a single Halo game, in just how incredibly boring they are. Just waves after waves of enemies, then go to next area, rinse repeat endlessly.

Last edited:

Vandole

Hometown Story. Natsume and the creator of the original Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons tried to catch lightning in a bottle a second time with another mundane concept. This time instead of running a farm, you run a store.

Unfortunately, they couldn't do it. The game is basically you buying and selling stuff, and then every once in awhile a special item comes up and when that is sold there's a cut scene. But you don't actually do anything you just put stuff out to sell and then let people buy it. That's it.

Hellblade easily sticks out in my mind. Everything in that game felt like it was moving at 1/2 speed, puzzles were ridiculously simple and the dialogue was about as uninteresting as someone having a conversation with themselves could be. What a slog of a game.

Last edited:

Hugare

I've finished lots of walking simulators (Everyones gone to Rapture, Gone Home, Vanishing of Ethan Carter and etc.)

I've finished LA Noire TWICE. Same for RDR 2 and Death Stranding

But I wasn't able to finish the first few hours of Days Gone

I've tried maybe 5 times already, deleting and reinstalling the game multiple times.

But Jesus freaking Christ they decided for the most boring way to start their game. Played for about 10h and felt like I still had some tutorials to go through.

Dibbs

Ni No Kuni 2 - A disappointment compared to the first game.
Uncharted 4 - Loved the first 3 games, but I dont know about this one. The part with the lame truck driving was just the start and the rest of the game felt like a chore.

Well, most open world games bore me, except from Elden Ring (and oddly enough Death Stranding).

Arthimura

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Shallow combat, uninteresting side-quests, easy and repetitive bosses, boring shrines...

I bought this on a whim for the xbone. I bought it based on still pictues only. I don't even know how to pronounce it.
Tyd wag vir Niemand
I played through to punished myself for wasting money.

K2D

Banned

Phantom Pain
Death Stranding
God of War 2018
Death Stranding is a snooze fest.
Also anything souls, I can't play more than 20 minutes before I starr yawning
That I've actually beaten:

Death Stranding: Did just enough interesting things with the story to keep me playing but the gameplay gets extremely boring after the first 10 hours or so. I don't even mind that it doesn't have a lot of combat, in fact I hated the encounters. But I think even the traversal could have been much better. I felt like I spent two thirds of the game walking in a straight line.

Dj Khaled And Another One GIF

Arachnid

Hoizon Zero Dawn and Control. Mind numbing tedium quests that have you doing the same thing over and over with the same mediocre gameplay experience. Glad to see both mentioned plenty.

Fredrik

This is going to be controversial:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Graphical masterpiece, but boring as hell.
In the end I loved it and Arthur is quite possibly my favorite protagonist of all time. But it easily took me 2 hours to accept the sloooow and clunky controls, and when I was done after 80 hours or so I was so used to that snail pace that everything else felt unpolished and janky. It’s a very special game.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Mass Effect - everything from Eden Prime to leaving the Citadel for the first time drags like fuck.

Kingdom Hearts - Wonderland and Deep Jungle were terrible, terrible first impressions for Disney content.

Any Zelda game that doesn't have the first dungeon in the first hour of gameplay. It creates this weird tonal dissonance by adding a new element to the gameplay loop too late in the game and it just feels kind of shit.

So clearly, less actual games and more parts of games I otherwise enjoy, but there it is.

Top Bottom