• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Nydius

Mass Effect - everything from Eden Prime to leaving the Citadel for the first time drags like fuck.
Mass Effect is my personal GOAT franchise but I find no fault with this take. I've long maintained that the first 5-8 hours of ME is the make-or-break point for most people. If they can put up with how slow and plodding the game is from the introduction screen to when Shepard finally takes command of the Normandy, they'll likely love it. Those who find themselves completely bored by all the walk-and-talk in those 5-8 hours will likely hate it.

They practically repeat the same thing in early ME3 where you're forced to go through the Mars mission and then meander around the Citadel for a while before you can actually get into the game.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Mass Effect is my personal GOAT franchise but I find no fault with this take. I've long maintained that the first 5-8 hours of ME is the make-or-break point for most people. If they can put up with how slow and plodding the game is from the introduction screen to when Shepard finally takes command of the Normandy, they'll likely love it. Those who find themselves completely bored by all the walk-and-talk in those 5-8 hours will likely hate it.

They practically repeat the same thing in early ME3 where you're forced to go through the Mars mission and then meander around the Citadel for a while before you can actually get into the game.

Yeah, I was actually amazed at how quickly it picked up after those initial hours. The original trilogy rounds out to some of my favorite games of the last twenty years, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't almost put it down because of how ME1 started.

Forsythia

Gone Home

People told me I was going to be in awe at its story and storytelling.

At the end (and when I say the end I mean just 2 hours in when I had to drop it due to start falling asleep), it resulted in a fucking emo lesbian tale that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual setting of the game
This by far. I expected a nice horror story, not this boring bullshit. Why the fuck people were praising this "game" baffles me.

CeeJay

Every Halo or Gears game... I keep trying them when a new one comes out, people keep saying they are good and I just don't get the appeal. Love other MS games but just not two of their biggest tentpoles.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm with you.
I got caught up in the hype and wanted to try the game, even started twice because I thought I just wasn't in the mood the first time, but both times I stopped playing at the great bridge because it bored me from start to not-finish.
Thank god I tried it on GP. If I even bargain binned it for $9.99, I'd feel ripped off. Those old preview vids of big fights with those vulture men like it's an action packed game were totally bogus.

Last edited:
The first Halo has a library section that was simply unbelievable to me, it's why I was never able to finish the game.

FFXIV can be impressively boring, despite clearly having many strengths it just is mind-numbing easy for a massive amount of time when you are starting (reason why I never made it to the expansion).

Last edited:

jonnyp

In recent years it must be:
Hellblade
A Plague Tale
AC Valhalla
Control
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Detroit: Become Human
FF7: Remake

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I thought you were my brother

Betray How Could You GIF by The Bachelor Australia

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Gravity Rush 2. I liked the first, it was probably my favorite non-RPG Vita game. I was really looking forward to the sequel, but man was it dull. I gave up after three or four hours.

????

Neo Member
Final Fantasy (1987). Avatar-strength based games aren’t usually in my wheelhouse of interests but I wanted to give this one a go because it’s history. Boy, without all the flashing lights and gloss that would eventually make this genre engaging this game is like watching paint dry. I’m genuinely amazed kids found this 17 hour game engaging. It’s really something seeing an RPG like this without all of the modern tricks to achieve that good feeling when you level up or empty a magazine into an enemy’s health bar.

Synless

Dues EX, so fucking boring. I barley beat the one on PS3, couldn’t do the PS4 one.

Control was another one.

finally, the ending to Shenmue 2. I slept through the whole sequence with Shen Hua. I still don’t know what happens in that sequence leading to the cave.

Last edited:
I've bought each game in the Fallout Series and just couldn't get into them, I find them insanely boring. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is the same, loved the others(was addicted to Morrowind), but I actually got a refund for that one lol...The Uncharted Series(I did manage to finish all of them tho so theres that..*shrug* ) and any Soccer game although I've loved watching it my whole life.....Watch Dogs Legion and Far Cry 6 are probably two of the most boring "Recent" games for me...they both felt even more copy/paste than other Ubi games..both pretty games running maxed out on my pc tho
Edit: One more game...Days Gone. I was super hyped by the trailers and just couldn't figure out how being chased by hordes of zombies on a motorcycle could be so drab and boring

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
Hollow Knight (wow, another indie metroidvania....I hate the art style too)

Animal Crossing (it's like being stuck in the village at the beginning of any SNES RPG, except you never leave it or do anything else)

Death Stranding (really wanted to love it, but the gameplay is the pause menu of MGS)

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Zelda Breath of the Wild. Bored the fuck out of me in the 1st hour. I know its unpopular opinion but oh well lol.

However, I did find Death Stranding rather satisfying and addicting to play.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: K2D

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Forgot. Halo 3. Zzzzzz....

Never played Halo before so I caught onto the Halo 3 Xbox 360 hype.

I got through half the SP campaign. Maybe the second half is better, but after hearing what awesome lore and sci-fi it was I thought it was shit. At least the first half is.

All I'm doing is being funneled into linear kinds of levels and shooting the millionth grunt, jackal dude with shields, and occasionally a big brute guy who jumps down with a hammer smash. And occasional sci-fi vehicle stuff. Thought it was boring. The graphics werent even that great. After hearing about Halo and Halo 2 being AAA budget busters, it didn't look that great to me.

COD4 came out soon after (I played COD2 and 3, but never their MP) and played that to death. Not only was the SP campaign great, but the MP experience was one of the best ever back then.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Hellblade - Overrated and I actually fell asleep while playing this on the PC. Don't even care about the upcoming sequel.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Played the PS4 version, got bored and didn't finish. Even Half-Life Lost Coast was more entertaining than this.Lucky it was a PS+ title and I stop using the service for a long time.

LemonSawa

Neo Member
Fire Emblem Warriors. I played this after putting hundreds of hours into the first Hyrule Warriors. This game is straight up tedious and dull, with no interesting characters, combos, or weapons. Hyrule Warriors is everything this game is not.
I don't like Zelda, but loved Hyrule Warriors , I was expecting FE Warriors to be as cool as HW.

Totally disappointed, everyone had the same gameplay, it really didn't feel as if we were using different characters. though I liked that they made Lyn a dual wielding fighter.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hellblade: Walking sim and the character moves like a tank
Days Gone: Just 2 hours was enough to put it down. Boring and generic AF. Terrible controls.
Control: I was hyped after the excellent Quantum Break, but control felt like a step down in every sense. Non sensical story, shit controls and boring enviroments. I also hated the metroidvania aspect of it. Give me wide linear games.

Borderlands 3: After playing BL1 and 2 for more than 200hs BL3 felt like more of the same. I didn't even like the graphics. Guns feel weaker and mission design is terrible, plus the characters are very annoying.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't like Hellblade. We all got the same opinion... walking sim borefest.

As for Days Gone, never really read about it but know it got meh reviews scores. Going by videos, I thought it was an action packed open world zombie game where you go from hot spot to hot spot on a motorcycle clearing out giant mobs of zombies. At least that's what the videos showed.

Last edited:

chromhound

Mass effect is in my top ten best game of all time. I haven't even tried the sequels lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
ME was a solid game. I'm not even into sci-fi games, hate bad frame rates and motion blur (played on 360), and this game had the longest load times ever. But stuck with it and loved it.

OOGABOOGA

Banned
Ni Nu kuni
There is nothing redeemable about this game
Ass travel system
Ass gameplay and graphic
Ass story and characters

Last edited:

The_hunter

Pillars of eternity - most boring story and characters ever, I played the game twice and can't recall a single thing about it. I remember beating the final boss, and going "Huh, that's it?".

All of you who said Death Stranding are no longer my friends 🧐

• LOL
Reactions: K2D
So basically this is one giant collective "I dont like game xxx" opinion thread. That's cool i guess.

Play whatever you like, dont play what you dont like. It's fine. You dont need to seek internet validation for your gaming decisions and opinions. They can stand on their own. Accept your gaming choices and the gaming choices of others. :)

Last edited:

Kupfer

So basically this is one giant collective "I dont like game xxx" opinion thread. That's cool i guess.

Play whatever you like, dont play what you dont like. It's fine. You dont need to seek internet validation for your gaming decisions and opinions. They can stand on their own. Accept your gaming choices and the gaming choices of others. :)
You forgot to tell us what your most boring game you ever played is. Or did you just want to make everybody in this thread sharing their opinion on boring games feel shameful?

Last edited:
Top Bottom