• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Cyberpunk.

Suffered through 4 hours of "drive to one nightclub to talk to some cunt only to be told to drive to another nightclub to stare at another new cunt who tells me to meet another cunt at another try hard neon lit club about some of the most cringe exposition ever seen in a game.

Seriously, this game is the video game equivalent of Michael Bay's Tenet. It just stacks new characters & plot on top of each other before you can digest or resolve any previous plot you've just hurt your head trying to give a shit about.

It's got a serious disassociate disorder. Oh & anytime you do finally end up shooting something it's your usual underwhelming jank against ironically robotic AI.

Crackdown 3. It started off OK but the rehash of enemies but just using different colours was like something straight out of the PS1 era. I finished it because it was the first game I played on the 1X and enjoyed the graphics jump, but the last few hours were pure boredom.

Hellblade. Each to their own, I know some people love the game, but after 30 minutes of slow walking to get to whatever that mess of 'combat' was, I just turned it off.

Kingdom hearts 3. Making a simple selection shouldn't be followed by an agonisingly long, boring flash animation or transition. Turned the game off after 15 minutes. Ain't nobody got time foh dat.

Whatever Tomb Raider was the one after the reboot. Got about 15 minutes in and dashboarded it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Gears 4
Uncharted 4
Shadow of Tomb Raider
BOTW
Halo 5
the Order 1886
giphy.gif

What about BotW bored you?

Rest of your list I can at least understand. Don't completely agree by any stretch, but I can at least understand. But Breath of the Wild?

habibihijababy

Neo Member
Astral Chain - anime trope galore.
Mad Max - got way too repetitive for its own good.
Alan wake - gameplay brought to you by branded batteries.
Void bastards - Really didn’t like the tone of the game.

Last edited:

Billbofet

I fell asleep playing Resident Evil 5 with a friend co-op on the 360. Three times. Three separate sessions.

Most recently 12 Minutes just knocked me out with apathy.

Pinball.

Hugare

Cyberpunk.

Suffered through 4 hours of "drive to one nightclub to talk to some cunt only to be told to drive to another nightclub to stare at another new cunt who tells me to meet another cunt at another try hard neon lit club about some of the most cringe exposition ever seen in a game.

Seriously, this game is the video game equivalent of Michael Bay's Tenet. It just stacks new characters & plot on top of each other before you can digest or resolve any previous plot you've just hurt your head trying to give a shit about.

It's got a serious disassociate disorder. Oh & anytime you do finally end up shooting something it's your usual underwhelming jank against ironically robotic AI.
This post is wrong in so many ways, that you even managed to get the wrong director for Tenet

Its a Christopher Nolan movie, not Michael Bay's

Lately its been fallout 4, enemies are just sponges and there doesnt seem to be a decent mod that changes that because of the way bethesda made the game

Last of us 2 its funny because i thought the same about the first game (took me 4 trys then i loved the game) but ive given this game 5 trys now and its just to depressing of a game to play, ill give it another go at some point

And another one was mario 3d world, i love mario games 2d and 3d, i enjoyed the game on 3ds but this game is just to easy that its boring, the rainbow levels are challenging but theres barely any, imo the worst 3d mario game

Halo infinte, i loved the online when it came out, got bored after aboot 2 months with barely any updates but id say the game is the best since reach but the campaign is a huge slog, same with halo 5 i dunno whats wrong with the game or if its me but i just cant seem to be bothered to play the campaign after rescuing a spartan near the beginning

Lunarorbit

Fallout 4 and me4. Me4 I barely gave a chance to. Played an hour and just never came back. The story in the opening, the first enemy encounter... Plus all the bad press made me bounce off it quick.

FO4 though is my real answer. I was so excited it was set in Massachusetts,where I'm from. Oh boy was it disappointing. Didn't even have dlc for cape cod. You gonna make a fallout and have fenway and Salem but no cape cod? Wtf.

Plus your decisions didn't matter. The combat was fine for me but I was bored with the design by then. Outer worlds came out soon after and I decided to abandon fallouy

AmuroChan

In recent memory....

Scarlett Nexus - generic and bland characters; uninteresting story.

Monark - tries to copy Persona, but failed miserably.

Dark Star

RDR2 is boring af because it's too long and too big.

i get overwhelmed every time i play it, like each mission requires at least an hour of your time. I feel that same way about most open world type games.

i'd rather use that hour to play a few COD multiplayer matches or a racing/sport game like THPS

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Horizon: Forbidden West
I barely dragged it t the end.
Not the most boring game ever though.

Everybody gone to rapture is my pick. you walk so slow like a cripple grandma.
Nothing happens. Everything is static.
Someone is talking all the time and nothing makes sense... and I love walking sims

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you saying Skyrim and Fallout are boring, I loved them. But I can totally understand why they can be boring. Long slogs, repetitive caves, long load times etc...

If anyone thinks these games are boring and havent tried playing them again boosted on next gen systems, give it another go. These games playing slick at 4k/60, fast SSD load times, add in some 4k mods etc.... and these games are much better than playing old console versions at gimped frames and loading times.

It wont fix the quest structure, but at least in terms of visuals and speed, it's giant improvements.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Hard to say since there are sooo many games I've played, some finished and some not, that were really boring.

Suikoden 3 put me to sleep multiple times but I finished it.

These were also more legacy titles and boring as fuck when they were out:
Dragon Quest 8
FFXII
FFXIII

Recently:
Yoshi's Woolly World
Paper Mario Color Splash
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Yokus Island Express
Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair
Okami HD
Gravity Rush 2

Filben

Monster Sanctuary. Sounds good on paper but that what I imagined was the tutorial area drags on and on and is so fucking easy a toddler could have beat that area. Nothing interesting happened, platforming so easy it doesn't deserve the name, and battles were so easy you could win everything by just smashing A/X, don't caring about tactics at all.

Maybe it does get better, but even a tutorial should incrementally increase the challenge and teach you new things. After 30 minutes of the same mundane things I quit it.

Definitely one of the most boring recent games.

sephiroth7x

Personally I find all online shooters boring as hell.

But in the context of what you are asking - Red Dead 2. Game was a technical marvel and Arthurs arc was superb. But the game was so bloody boring...

nemiroff

Gold Member
All games that I don't like..

But anyway, this topic is so subjective it almost isn't interesting. I'll say though, the first three Assassin's Creed games literally made me fall asleep for some reason, which is why they're always the first ones to come to mind in this context. The later ones (Odyssey, Valhalla etc.) actually managed to keep me quite awake in comparison.

Spaceman292

Banned
Hard to say since there are sooo many games I've played, some finished and some not, that were really boring.

Suikoden 3 put me to sleep multiple times but I finished it.

These were also more legacy titles and boring as fuck when they were out:
Dragon Quest 8
FFXII
FFXIII

Recently:
Yoshi's Woolly World
Paper Mario Color Splash
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Yokus Island Express
Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair
Okami HD
Gravity Rush 2
Not sure how anyone can find Gravity Rush 2 boring. It's super crazy fun.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Another pucking boring game.

I am ashamed to admit it.

But I had a lot of hype for this game, because of the video game magazines.

This. SO MUCH THIS. Control as a gameplay concept is SOOOO COOOL. Super powers and such, but the endless enemies and same-same-same-same scenery got very boring and it was just very uninteresting.
I agree, but I kept plugging along, thinking that maybe the story would produce some satisfaction (and because I liked Alan Wake). I didn't hate the action sequences, but I definitely felt like the moment to moment wandering was dull (ugh to that map), and the story completely failed to deliver even the coolness of a cliche, "ambiguous" horror ending. It just ended with a wet thud.

I recently turned on Xenoblade 2, it was boring as hell based on the missions in the first town. I saw Scarlet Nexus above and that is leagues ahead in grabbing my attention in the moment, but there's a point to be made for it being...not a game one looks forward to playing.

Top Bottom