• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Comfortable Controller

SirTerry-T

m5yPdMZ.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
Series controller for me.
Mainly because it aggrevates my carpal tunnel less than the other controllers.
Nothing worse then numb fingers when using a controller.
This is how I feel, the dual sense was an absolute bitch for this, especially them tension triggers :/ (thankfully they can be turned off)

ActusReusJB

Neo Member
I always drop by these types of threads to echo the Astro C40 which somebody has inevitably mentioned. Three pages in and I haven’t seen it…For those that like the 360 controller it comes from the same designers. Allowed for either symmetrical or offset sticks on the PS4. Only two back buttons but they were much easier to press/use than the paddles on most “pro” controllers. Unfortunately, it came late in the lifespan (and was very pricey) so I don’t think it sold very well. For those looking for a great PS4 controller I can’t recommend it enough.

yamaci17

definetely not xbox controllers
most of their face buttons do not register if you push them slightly or softly. never happened on my dualshock or happens on my dualsense
i dont intend to change the way i exert force upon buttons just for some weird design microsoft deemed okay. im aware that this issue only happens to %5-10 userbase or something like that. so they will never fix it. it wasnt a faulty product issue. i've literally bought 7 xbox series gamepads and refunded each one of them. i've tried my friend's. i tried everything. whenever i softly press to the sides of A/B or Y in the heat of the gameplay, sometimes buttons refuses to register. this was profusely evident for me in forza 5 where i couldn't shift at times when I wanted to. my friend saying "no issues on my end" was literally brutally tapping the buttons. if that is the intended way of using an xbox gamepad, that's not for me
dualsense is really comfortable for me, more so than dualshock actually, tho my friend's experience is complete opposite and he hates dualsense

Last edited:
most of their face buttons do not register if you push them slightly or softly. never happened on my dualshock or happens on my dualsense
i dont intend to change the way i exert force upon buttons just for some weird design microsoft deemed okay. im aware that this issue only happens to %5-10 userbase or something like that. so they will never fix it. it wasnt a faulty product issue. i've literally bought 7 xbox series gamepads and refunded each one of them. i've tried my friend's. i tried everything. whenever i softly press to the sides of A/B or Y in the heat of the gameplay, sometimes buttons refuses to register. this was profusely evident for me in forza 5 where i couldn't shift at times when I wanted to. my friend saying "no issues on my end" was literally brutally tapping the buttons. if that is the intended way of using an xbox gamepad, that's not for me
dualsense is really comfortable for me, more so than dualshock actually, tho my friend's experience is complete opposite and he hates dualsense
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed this. It can happen with other controllers but Xbox controllers starting with XBOne to now is really noticeable. MY friend says he can't notice it but he grips his controllers with what seems like intent to kill.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Understandable, my friend actually has a similar issue with Dpads where he thinks mushier softer dpads work since he hates having to wiggle his thumb
Every problem other people have with the xbox controller (including the loud as fuck buttons) has never been a concern for me so yeah, its why its my favorite

Top Bottom