• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motive Studio Is Interested in ‘Exploring Dead Space More’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The news that more Dead Space may arrive down the line comes courtesy of a GQ interview with EA Motive's Senior Producer Phil Ducharme and Creative Director Roman Campos-Oriola. When asked if they have an idea what to do with the franchise next, Ducharme answered, "There's interest on my side and I think on Roman's side - you can see his smile - in exploring Dead Space more." The move would make sense, as the Dead Space remake is currently topping sales charts, showing the developer exactly how many fans have been craving more from the series. In the meantime, Dead Space has the potential to keep players hooked for a while yet, with the addition of a New Game+ mode giving the title plenty of replayability.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Turning Around GIF by HBO Max

Mephisto40

They'd be stupid not to make more games after how well the remake has been received

Whoever was sitting tyhere at EA sayiong "Nobody cares about dead space any more" should be fired too

Stuart360

The rumours when this was announced was that EA were going to use this remake to test the waters and see public responce, with a good responce meaning a new Dead Space.
And a new Dead Space would be great obviouly, but i would be a bit gutted if that meant not getting similar remkaes for DS 2 and 3.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an AMA hosted on Reddit, the developer revealed its desire to continue with the series.

"We've said both internally and externally that we'd be interested in continuing our work on the Dead Space franchise. Our Core group is passionate about the brand and we need to discuss what's the right next step for us," the developer wrote. "There's numerous factors that need to be taken into account at a studio and company level but first, the team will take a well deserved vacation before determining what's next."

StueyDuck

While personally more dead space is good...

Motive seem like one of those studios that need to chill... aren't they making like 2 other games already. One being iron man and I can't remember the other. Maybe something star wars I can't remember. They also had a massive 3rd person open world action game get canceled.

Just focus all the resources on one thing EA.

nowhat

Would you rather Motive remake Dead Space 2 or push the story forward with Dead Space 4?
I've said it before and I'll say it again (and will continue to do so until EA gets it) - Dead Space Extraction VR. It's such an obvious thing, especially now that the franchise isn't quite as dead as before.

(If you're not familiar with Extraction, it's basically a rail shooter released originally for Wii+Wiimote, later PS3+Move)

ZehDon

- Remake2
- Skip 3
- Make 4
I certainly hope not. Dead Space 3's DLC actually has the series' ending, and it really is absolutely amazing. It's a crime that it wasn't seen by more people.

I hope they re-make Dead Space 2 as a proper next gen only game, and then re-make Dead Space 3. Unlike Dead Space 1, I hope they deviate from 3 to bring it back inline with 1 and 2 - give us the Dead Space 3 fans wanted.

If the Calippo Protocol devs were smart they'd put that game on sale right now so the people bummed out after finishing Dead Space and having nothing new to play would buy their bad game. Alas.

Last edited:
I certainly hope not. Dead Space 3's DLC actually has the series' ending, and it really is absolutely amazing. It's a crime that it wasn't seen by more people.

I hope they re-make Dead Space 2 as a proper next gen only game, and then re-make Dead Space 3. Unlike Dead Space 1, I hope they deviate from 3 to bring it back inline with 1 and 2 - give us the Dead Space 3 fans wanted.
I always imagined Dead Space 3's remake to be a long 20-25 hour horror game, where every 5 hours a different location. 5 hours in the hellscape of the city trying to escape - 5 or a bit more hours floating in the space debries, and then the remaining time on the snow planet.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
They'd be stupid not to make more games after how well the remake has been received

Whoever was sitting tyhere at EA sayiong "Nobody cares about dead space any more" should be fired too
Agreed. It was one of the standout series of its generation. It had one slight fumble and was tossed away like a “Lost Planet” (low blow).

Skifi28

The second game doesn't even a remake, it's great and very modern as it is. Do a quick remaster for modern platforms and then do a remake of 3 which is a mess.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Would you rather Motive remake Dead Space 2 or push the story forward with Dead Space 4?
Honestly? At this point I just want them to fortify the Dead Space brand.That means taking the least risky path, both from a critical and financial point of view. So a Dead Space 2 remake would make the most sense.If they get two very strong survivor horrors out there, with 90+ metacritic in an age where RE games are selling more than 10 million units, that would bode well and make things easier for Dead Space 4, since it would grow the audience.

And since remaking the first game was relativity fast (2.5 years if I'm not mistaken), this one should be equally fast. I would be very interested in Dead Space 3 being remaked too. Because that game needs to be reimagined, not just remade.And that would excite me.

Nautilus

Banned
I am very interested in knowing how much this game sold, but don't know if EA will share that with us, unless the sales are astronomical or something like that.

Dead Space 3 had so much potential. As a co-op game it's very fun. If they remove the weapon crafting, universal ammo, gun-wielding enemies and those stupid climbing sections, it could turn into a great game.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'd rather see a new game rather than a remake next. Dead Space 2 is good, but not as good as the first. You could fix that in a remake I guess, but why? And DS3 is better left alone.

Top Bottom