• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorola V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Engadget:

It’s a mere 14mm thick, with a casing made mostly of titanium and pretty much everything else you hope for in a handset this thin, like a built-in digital camera, Bluetooth, a 4,096 color external LCD, and a 262,000 color main LCD. Due out in September with an expected price somewhere around $700.

Looks AWESOME, but...

$700 for a cell phone? Oh gosh. How can they get away with this? Aren't like the most expensive, normal cell phones only like $300? I know there's those cell phones that are also like full featured PDAs that go for a lot, but this doesn't look like one of them.

Oops. Picture time:

6943841172873695.JPG

2510630184127152.JPG

The pricing seems obvious given everything that's packed into it. My only concern is the battery life - either it has this really amazing Lithium Polymer battery throughout the casing (that also helps justify the pricetag), or it's hardly going to last at all.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Such a sweet phone - you could probably use it as a 'razor' to defend yourself against thieves.
...more phones need to be made outta metal.

aoi tsuki

Fusebox said:
Poor people should stay out of tech. threads.

Latest live pics are here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=420187

And what a terrific looking handset it is - I just hope they improve the UI for it though.
Pfft. My last PDA cost $700, there's no way i'm gonna pay that much for a phone which main "feature" is it's slimness. Unless this thing comes with a 1.3 megapixel camera and some other impressive feature, i'll pass.

bionic77

Sweet looking phone. I am sure AT&T and other providers will sell them for 300 with a plan. The only downside is that the keypad looks horrible. Texting would be a bitch on that, but I guess that is the price you pay to have a awesome looking phone.

Wow, looks nice. I don't know if I could ever get myself to spend $700 on a phone though. I'm way too harsh on them. I've dropped the one I'm on now about 10 times. I can't believe it still works.

Greekboy

Banned
I will say that the Motorola I have has given me no problems and awesome reception. I need the two-way radio for work plus I also have other friends I can connect with too:

B0000SX3BK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B0000SX3BK.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B0000SX3BK.01.PT02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Greekboy

Banned
Here is some info on the Motorola V710:

motorola-v710.jpg
motorola_v710_02.jpg

For the media lover: Motorola V710 users can take 1.23 megapixel still photos for printing and sharing, and can capture video with sound for viewing sending. The product’s 2.2" vibrant color display makes viewing of images and video a true-to-life experience the perfect complement to Verizon Wireless’ powerful Get it Now® virtual store.

For the road warrior: Enabled with Bluetooth Wireless connectivity, the Motorola V710 allows users to connect to their laptop for seamless sharing of vital information or to synch up with Bluetooth-enabled accessories such as the Motorola HS810 headset or the HF800 speakerphone for hands-free communications. Additional hands-free features include speaker independent speech recognition technology for one-touch easy dialing, and an office quality speakerphone for those must have conference calls.

The Motorola V710 Features Include:- 1.23 Megapixel Camera for images you want to keep
- Video Capture and playback for those moving memories
- Bluetooth Connectivity for seamless connectivity
- Speaker Independent Voice Dialing for easy dialing
- Office quality speaker phone for keeping your hands free
- Stereo sound via headset when you don’t want to miss a sound
- TransFlash Memory Expansion Slot to bring your media with you
- WAP 2.0 for enhanced web browsing
- BREW 2.1 for applications and content download
- Large 2.2" Color Display for a rich mobile viewing

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,4455_3786_23,00.html

Official Site: http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/v710/flash/default.shtml

Timbuktu

Does anyone know if V3 will have iTunes?
Fowler said:
Probably not, the press release said H1 2005.

Does anyone know when the next iteration of V600 is due then? The design of the V3, for all its slimness and nice materials, is a bit dull considering the price. The V3 in the real live pictures look nowhere as sexy as in moto's PR pics. It is slim, though.

Fusebox

Banned
I've never been a fan of Motos UI unfortunately, I even used their new V600 for a week or so and wasn't impressed at all when compared to the latest SE UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom