• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew: Pitch Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys have heard this, I don't know...But anyway...Word has it that Pepsi is releasing another flavor of Mountain Dew, this time for Halloween. It's called Mountain Dew: Pitch Black. And it is, literally black. It's grape flavored I guess. My manager went as far to tell me that we (Eckerd in NY) may even get it in as early as tomorrow morning. I'll let you guys know.

So what do you think? Code Red is awesome, and even better than Mountain Dew in my opinion...Live Wire is all right, but not too great...And now Pitch Black? We'll see...

Bowser

So far it goes like this:

Moutain Dew: Code Red > Moutain Dew: Livewire > Mountain Dew > Mountain Dew: Baja Blast (Taco Bell exclusive)

imo, of course.

Bowser

DMczaf said:
Please dont tell me this is salsa/taco flavored...

lol, NOOOO

It's a tropical like flavor, I can't really describe it. It's really sweet and tastes horrible on its own, but mixed wth Code Red it tastes pretty good.

Rodriguez

1. Mountain Dew Code Red
2. Mountain Dew
3. Mountain Dew LiveWire

Grape-flavored Dew? Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Wait is Mountain Dew actually banned as in there is no hope in it ever coming here? But now what hope shall I cling to.

Proper Mountain Dew was banned because its sugar content is above what British regulations see as safe, they released a lower sugar version here but nobody bought it so they stopped selling it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
code red has to be the most terrible soft drink pepsi has made in their existence. Thank God they're phasing that crap out.

MrPing1000 said:
Proper Mountain Dew was banned because its sugar content is above what British regulations see as safe, they released a lower sugar version here but nobody bought it so they stopped selling it.

I have no reason left to live. It was nice knowing you all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>>code red has to be the most terrible soft drink pepsi has made in their existence. Thank God they're phasing that crap out.<<<

So you're trying to tell me I need to stockpile a lifetime supply of Code Red right now?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
TAJ said:
>>>>code red has to be the most terrible soft drink pepsi has made in their existence. Thank God they're phasing that crap out.<<<

So you're trying to tell me I need to stockpile a lifetime supply of Code Red right now?

I am going to die without it. ;_;

I'm still a little pissed I can't find Diet MD Code Red anymore.

I drank four cans in one sitting once of that stuff. I just couldn't get enough of it.

yoshifumi

Banned
livewire kind of reminds me of a melted orange popsicle with carbonation. whatever it is, it's the true blood of christ, and it should replace wine in catholic ceremonies.

BeOnEdge

Banned
yoshifumi said:
livewire kind of reminds me of a melted orange popsicle with carbonation. whatever it is, it's the true blood of christ, and it should replace wine in catholic ceremonies.

LOL they should so make a soda called "jesus juice"

Ceros

What ever happened to the slurpee flavor of MD? I think it was Blue Rush.....and it was a bad ass flavor. Are they ever goin to turn that into a real soda?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seemsl ike Pitch Black will be around atleast until Halloween as the web site has a Haunted House theme for the drink.

Tortfeasor

Can someone can out to the store and buy one already so I can stop coming back to this thread?!?!? I wanna know how it is!!!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Phasing out Code Red!? Fuck.

Diet Code Red is the second best soda ever, right behind Henry Weinhardt's Root Beer, and right above Vanilla Coke (with cane sugar).

toohectic

Bought one at 7-11 today and it seemed pretty good to me. If you like grape soda, I really can't see you not liking it unless you totally despise regular Mountain Dew. It's pretty much a standard grape soda with the classic Mountain Dew subtle after taste. To me, I think Livewire tastes like carbonated Tang with the Mountain Dew after taste, so this is the grape equivalent of it to me. Anyway, I'd buy it again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I had some and it is tasty, possibly the best Dew. I like Code Red only ice cold after playing DDR or something, and then I'll chug a can in like 10 seconds. Livewire is really good, tastes like the orange flavor of those popcicles that you freeze in the plastic tubes. Regular dew is good, but again only ice cold (a must for all Dew flavors) and in low quantities, usually by itself. If I drink too much or have it with food I feel sick.

At this point it's looking like...
Pitch Black > Livewire > Regular Dew > Code Red

Ronabo

I tried the Mt. Dew Pitch Black. It wasn't bad.

The flavor reminded me of chewy spree candy.

Also Surge > Mt. Dew

Grimlock

Personally, I found Pitch Black better than Code Red (which I think is too sweet), but not quite as good as Live Wire.

For me, it's:

LW>PB>>CR>>>>MD>>BB.

But if I mix equal parts Baja Blast and Code Red, then I get something that pratically equals Live Wire. IMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom