• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Movies You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Get vaccinated

Got pretty mediocre reviews but I enjoyed it. First 20 minutes was a bit flat but it picked up.

I always passed on this because the trailers made it seem so mediocre. May as well give a watch now that it's on streaming.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020
Hotel Transylvania 4,saw this not knowing nothing I liked the last three,and this one was alright,I was seeing the credits and ,what no Adam Sandler the count sounded just like him and also now Kevin James I have no idea why they weren’t in this.

Feb 1, 2021
Hacksaw Ridge: A+
I Want To Eat Your Pancreas: A
The Usual Suspects: A
American Beauty: B+
The House of Flying Daggers: B+
I Think We're Alone Now: B
Belle: B
Jungle Fever: B
Anastasia: C
Goodnight Mommy: C
Scream: D
Speed Racer: D
Censor: D
Being The Ricardos: D
Stoker: D

GeekyDad

Apr 6, 2009
My home
www.gamespot.com

Hmm...kinda dorky feeling at the start, but some good feels. Slow to get where its going, and from the way the trailer presented it, I was beginning to think I had been misled. It has some very passionate, moving scenes that had me welling up inside. But it was also very heavy-handed, and though I know nothing about the South Korean legal system (and considering this was set in the 70s and 80s), I find it hard to believe they'd allow an attorney to have such free license to say what this guy does in several courtroom scenes.

I wonder if it's just a matter of culture. I remember movies like this from the 70s that were also very passionate and blatant about the points they were trying to make emotionally, but this was made in, what, 2013/2014? Ultimately, disappointing to me.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

A+++++

Easily the most gorgeous film I’ve seen. Amazing acting all around. Sets, costumes, everything is top notch. I wish more classics would be given this quality of treatment. Incredible!

I plan to give this another watch soon.

kalecsan

Nov 18, 2021
Dunno how I ended up with a list of quirky scifi movies in a .txt, but I started today with "Beyond the Black Rainbow"

That list is already deleted.

Next task is to finish all Bergman films.