• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Agent Icebeezy said:
He wanted 1998 in HD too.

Perhaps we are in the wrong, maybe innovation isn't what's needed for the future of gaming...

Yes! Yes! I embrace this new future, were we get rehashes of games we played centuries ago in exponentially higher resolution.

Join me children, join me now as we prepare ourselves for predictability and repetition!

gkryhewy

And Garnett and Shane go batshit for LBP ::shrug::

I see some similar potential for user creation in Banjo - I'm quite glad they tried something a bit different.

Rlan

I'm worried about the game as well. Sure you see your guy platforming a very little bit.. but why no showing of moves? No Egg Throwing, no flying USING Kazooie, no butt stomping.

We see two things - Climbing and Tightrope. I've not really known ANY game that uses a "tightrope" mechanic to have it been fun (worst part of the God of War games, really), plus it looks like you could have just double jumped and flown with BK's original game.

If Rare had made the same game but chose not to use a familiar brand to deliver it on top of, I think more people would be more receptive because there's no expectation dragging it down. Hopefully, more actual gameplay impressions will temper the expressed uncertainty of the new focus and mechanics. Rare needs to better show the big picture of the new game.

FrankT

Frenck said:
Was that it?

No Halo Wars, no new peripheral?

Yup, it's a wrap.

/

The stuff they showed at 1:00 isn't even out yet and this is a 3 day event from some of the press as others have stated.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
In that video of Banjo posted earlier, the Rare developer said that ALL Kazooie moves have been taken out, that's why you don't see any of them in the trailer.

Jtyettis said:
Yup, it's a wrap.

/

The stuff they showed at 1:00 isn't even out yet and this is a 3 day event from some of the press as others have stated.
Huh? Their is some news that the outlets are sitting on until embargoes are up? Is that what you mean?

jacobs34

Well Garnett and Shane are still liveblogging so there is still stuff going on, haven't heard anything about Ninja Blade or LIPS yet though.

FrankT

snack said:
Huh? Their is some news that the outlets are sitting on until embargoes are up? Is that what you mean?

Revelations said:
Most of the videos and info out now is from 2 weeks back. None of the official Gamers Day stuff is out yet from the event. You will have to wait until later this evening for the first trickle of recent information.

cjelly said:
So, when will the stuff from the 1PM meeting come out?

Revelations said:
About 6pm PST. Give or take a few hours.

Skip, is their some sort of intermission during the conference to allow them to play the games? If so, does the conference restart at 9PM EST/6PM PST?

Rlan said:
I'm worried about the game as well. Sure you see your guy platforming a very little bit.. but why no showing of moves? No Egg Throwing, no flying USING Kazooie, no butt stomping.

We see two things - Climbing and Tightrope. I've not really known ANY game that uses a "tightrope" mechanic to have it been fun (worst part of the God of War games, really), plus it looks like you could have just double jumped and flown with BK's original game.

E3?

Frenck

Banned
They're just playing the games on the showfloor.

EDIT:

The OP or post 6 for that matter needs to be updated guys. Completely misleading.

No reason to stay up.

skip

snack said:
Skip, is their some sort of intermission during the conference to allow them to play the games? If so, does the conference restart at 9PM EST/6PM PST?

not sure, but I don't believe so.

skip

jacobs34 said:
Hey Skip, do you know if Garnett and Shane are done live-blogging yet?

dunno, waiting to hear back from garnett so I assume he's still playing/looking at something.

edit - they're done playing, now going to interview Denis.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Is that Zoids game a ful on SRPG? Looks hot.

it is a full on stripped down _VERY AVERAGE_ SRPG.

RENT FIRST.

Unless of course they have completely revamped the JPN version.

Rad Agast

Opus Angelorum said:
Perhaps we are in the wrong, maybe innovation isn't what's needed for the future of gaming...

Yes! Yes! I embrace this new future, where we get rehashes of games we played centuries ago in exponentially higher resolution.

Join me children, join me now as we prepare ourselves for predictability and repetition!

Why do you care what a game reviewer says? Personally, I wouldn't go by either Garnett or Shane when it comes to games. They both exagerate a lot. Shane goes gaga over cutscenes for one and Garnett, don't even get me started on him. I'm sure they both mean well but whatever.

Anyways, do YOU like the concept of the game? If you do, then just hope for a demo so we can see how good the game is. I guess that's all that can be said about Banjo really. It looks great and I'm loving that art style, Rare better deliver on the gameplay.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Frenck said:
They're just playing the games on the showfloor.

EDIT:

The OP or post 6 for that matter needs to be updated guys. Completely misleading.

No reason to stay up.

Sorry was working, Can you fill me in on what needs to be changed? Sorry guys tried my best to keep the thread updated.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
It's a shame that Alan Wake has been pushed into '09. The game will have been in development for over five years by then -- WHO DEVELOPS A GAME FOR OVER FIVE YEARS? TELL ME?

voltron

dirtmonkey37 said:
It's a shame that Alan Wake has been pushed into '09. The game will have been in development for over five years by then -- WHO DEVELOPS A GAME FOR OVER FIVE YEARS? TELL ME?

REMEDY

tegdf

dirtmonkey37 said:

and they announced it at E3 05

kylej

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:

I think Remedy is a pretty small team so they probably have relatively low production costs for a publisher like Microsoft to swallow.

Plus they're all crazy European demoscene guys. They probably finished the game 2 years ago and are now trying to get it to run from a floppy disk.

Duck said:
So, whatever happened to that supposed flood of new content that was supposed to appear three hours ago?
1.) MS didn't update for whatever reason.[probably because of the leaks.]
2.) There were no cameras or any type of media equipment allowed inside the event.
3.) Any new information, images, video is now completely controlled by Microsoft and its partners [which puts a limit on free information from the event.]
4.) The media organizations with sanctions to record media is under another embargo for whatever reason related to MS.
5.) More info to be had May 14th, controlled by MSFT of course.
6.) New Info flows freely when press site updates.

FrankT

Revelations said:
1.) MS didn't update for whatever reason.
2.) There were no cameras or any type of media equipment allowed inside the event.
3.) Any new information, images, video is now completely controlled by Microsoft and its partners [which puts a limit on free information from the event.
4.) The media organizations with sanctions to record media is under another embargo for whatever reason related to MS.
6.) Info flows freely when Press site updates.

Thanks for the update. Well, until tomorrow or today depending on where you are.

Dever

Banned
kylej said:
I think Remedy is a pretty small team so they probably have relatively low production costs for a publisher like Microsoft to swallow.

Plus they're all crazy European demoscene guys. They probably finished the game 2 years ago and are now trying to get it to run from a floppy disk.

Yeah, they're around 30 people I think.

Jtyettis said:
Thanks for the update. Well, until tomorrow or today depending on where you are.
Indeed. I think most people did find it strange that MS didn't update any of its sites with Official info pertaining to the first day of its suppose "Gamers Day". In fact if one didnt follow the internet media biz and just visited MS Xbox site altogether they wouldnt have known there was anything to look forward too. Irony is MS logic.

Call it just being cautious? Cautious of what? This whole cloak & dagger on media serves no type of purpose to the overall goal of goading the masses to buy your product.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Revelations said:
Indeed. I think most people did find it strange that MS didn't update any of its sites with Official info pertaining to the first day of its suppose "Gamers Day". In fact if one didnt follow the internet media biz and just visited MS Xbox site altogether they wouldnt have known there was anything to look forward too. Irony is MS logic.

Call it just being cautious? Cautious of what? This whole cloak & dagger on media serves no type of purpose to the overall goal of goading the masses to buy your product.
Eh?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2008/0513-blockbusterlineup.htm

I would expect today to be the last day of new media until E3, unless I've been misinformed.

TheOddOne

Revelations said:
1.) MS didn't update for whatever reason.[probably because of the leaks.]
3.) Any new information, images, video is now completely controlled by Microsoft and its partners [which puts a limit on free information from the event.]
6.) New Info flows freely when press site updates.

So somebody has too open there big mouth. Man i hope somebody spills the beans.

Salazar

TheOddOne said:
So somebody has too open there big mouth. Man i hope somebody spills the beans.

It's not as if there's an awfully, unbearably long time to wait for whatever (if anything) is coming.

Kafel

Banned
pinya08vz7.jpg

Xbox LIVE ビジョンにピニャータ カードを認識させることで、ゲーム中にピニャータを出現させることができる。その詳細は未定だ。

Can someone translate please ?

_Xenon_

Banned
Kafel said:
pinya08vz7.jpg

Can someone translate please ?
Google Translation said:
Xbox LIVE pinata vision to recognize that card, a pinata during the game can produce. The show is yet to be determined.

Looks like VP2 can recognize that VP card via Live camera and do something in game.

Shane and Garnett are the LAST 2 person's opinions I'll listen to especially in regards to Banjo's vehicle mechanic.

From my experience those 2 hardly have anything good to say about the kinds of games I enjoy playing so there is no way in hell I'm going to start listening to them now. :lol

I'm also suspicious of a person who is on one hand excited by the potential for Home, LBP or Afrika and for some odd reason on the other can't find it in himself to see the blatantly obvious potential in Banjo's vehicle customization mechanic. :lol

SPEA

_Xenon_ said:
Looks like VP2 can recognize that VP card via Live camera and do something in game.
Yeah. Basically you can use the vision camera to scan VP cards. Once you scan the card, that pinata will show up in your garden.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
TheOddOne said:
Can anybody confirm this event takes place 3 days? I just woke up and the last few pages look like they gone to hell and back.
To the best of my knowledge, MS only has an event planned for today. The week is filled with events from other publishers, including Ubisoft, Konami, SCEA, and Sega.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Geek said:
To the best of my knowledge, MS only has an event planned for today. The week is filled with events from other publishers, including Ubisoft, Konami, SCEA, and Sega.

Konami event is today (Wednesday) and SCEA is holding a press event Friday AFAIK.

Top Bottom