• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ms. Marvel I OT I How does it feel? Cosmic!

Doom85

As a big fan of phases one to three, I do find it quite breathtaking how irate some hardcore Marvel fans get at anybody who dares criticise phase four.

The level of vitriol reminds of Nintendo fans going crazy in 2017 at any reviewer who gave BoTW 8/10 or less.

To flip the script, it’s extremely tiresome and obnoxious that anyone who DARES to like most of Phase 4 get labeled as “blind fanboys”, “apologists” and whatever other tired and cheap labels haters can use as just like with Star Wars and certain video game series, some haters just can’t sleep at night knowing there’s people out there who, GASP, thought something was solid that they didn’t like themselves!

To be clear, this isn’t aimed at you. The haters know who they are.

To flip the script, it’s extremely tiresome and obnoxious that anyone who DARES to like most of Phase 4 get labeled as “blind fanboys”, “apologists” and whatever other tired and cheap labels haters can use as just like with Star Wars and certain video game series, some haters just can’t sleep at night knowing there’s people out there who, GASP, thought something was solid that they didn’t like themselves!

To be clear, this isn’t aimed at you. The haters know who they are.

That's what I can't stand either. I think Phase 4 has been massively disappointing. But I don't try to change your opinion if you're mostly positive on Phase 4.

My favorites have been Doctor Strange 2, Thor Love And Thunder and Ms Marvel.

The ones I hate are Black Widow, TFATWS, and Spider-Man No Way Home

As for the rest of Phase 4, it was mostly OK to just Good for me

Barrico82

Banned
I think Phase 4 has been massively disappointing. But I don't try to change your opinion if you're mostly positive on Phase 4.

Same, overall phase 4 is not promising, it feels disjointed and not coherent, they are opening many doors, in hope one will be exciting but so far it all feels disjointed.

I loved Wandavision i think it was fit for the TV format, especially thr weekly episodic nature, unlike the rest of the shows, loved Loki it was wild, from the movies side, Shang chi was well done, one of their best origin movies also I loved Spiderman it was thrilling exciting and the Nostalgia was spot on.

I liked Ms marvel, it was entertaining show, my daughter (11years) loved it, to me it was a like a girly spiderman vibe series, it was fun the main character killed it from the acting.

The other shows TFAWS, Hawkeye and moonknight wete bad or below average, movies BW, Eternals and Dr Strange also were bad especially Dr Strange it was so disappointing.

Overall phase 4 not what I expected, they dragged alot with the multiverse no common vision and feels like they are shooting in every direction hoping to find the next Thanos.

sol_bad

Same, overall phase 4 is not promising, it feels disjointed and not coherent, they are opening many doors, in hope one will be exciting but so far it all feels disjointed.

I loved Wandavision i think it was fit for the TV format, especially thr weekly episodic nature, unlike the rest of the shows, loved Loki it was wild, from the movies side, Shang chi was well done, one of their best origin movies also I loved Spiderman it was thrilling exciting and the Nostalgia was spot on.

I liked Ms marvel, it was entertaining show, my daughter (11years) loved it, to me it was a like a girly spiderman vibe series, it was fun the main character killed it from the acting.

The other shows TFAWS, Hawkeye and moonknight wete bad or below average, movies BW, Eternals and Dr Strange also were bad especially Dr Strange it was so disappointing.

Overall phase 4 not what I expected, they dragged alot with the multiverse no common vision and feels like they are shooting in every direction hoping to find the next Thanos.

Every movie and show tells a self contained story, same as the majority of the phase 1-3 movies. That's what's important.
As for the overarching story, it will become clearer in phase 5. The bread crumbs will start adding up.

Barrico82

Banned
Every movie and show tells a self contained story, same as the majority of the phase 1-3 movies. That's what's important.
As for the overarching story, it will become clearer in phase 5. The bread crumbs will start adding up.

To me it is not about the self contained story, i loved Shang chi for example, but to me it is about the story that was told.

Was it needed ? Does it progress the characters ? Was it executed well ?

This is for the already established characters for the new ones, the questions can be different or similar vibe.

Now with Disney+ they are in unique situation i know it is difficult for overarching stories but something similar to Wandavision or What if, these stories are suitable to series, even Ms.Marvel what I expect from series TV is such small unknown characters i am on board for such rides

But Hawkeye or the falcon winter soldier these shows were bad for their stories their characters and it is not about the overarching story, it is about the story of the show itself

With the same situation for BW movie what is the story their was it needed does it add anything ? Except the sister nothing else nothing more, bad movie in a bad slot for the phase 4

It is not the same as the captain marvel movie where the story and the character needed introduction before End Game

So far Phase 4 is disappointing not bad but disappointing

ManaByte

Gold Member
But Hawkeye or the falcon winter soldier these shows were bad for their stories their characters and it is not about the overarching story, it is about the story of the show itself

Hawkeye resolved the Ronin storyline from Endgame, introduced a Young Avenger, brought back another member of the Thunderbolts, and re-introduced the Daredevil side of the universe that'll continue in the Echo series and a new season of Daredevil. Falcon & Winter Soldier setup the new Captain America and introduced a key member of the Thunderbolts.

With the same situation for BW movie what is the story their was it needed does it add anything ? Except the sister nothing else nothing more, bad movie in a bad slot for the phase 4

Black Widow introduced a key member of the Thunderbolts.

To me it is not about the self contained story, i loved Shang chi for example, but to me it is about the story that was told.

Was it needed ? Does it progress the characters ? Was it executed well ?

Shang-Chi re-introduced another member of the Thunderbolts (who plays a bigger role in She-Hulk) as well as introducing another cosmic macguffin.

I'm shocked at how much I enjoyed Ms Marvel. I usually am not a fan of teeny boppy shows. The next show I'm watching that's a teeny boppy Superhero show is Star Girl

Hawkeye resolved the Ronin storyline from Endgame, introduced a Young Avenger, brought back another member of the Thunderbolts, and re-introduced the Daredevil side of the universe that'll continue in the Echo series and a new season of Daredevil. Falcon & Winter Soldier setup the new Captain America and introduced a key member of the Thunderbolts.

Black Widow introduced a key member of the Thunderbolts.

Shang-Chi re-introduced another member of the Thunderbolts (who plays a bigger role in She-Hulk) as well as introducing another cosmic macguffin.

This Phase hasn't been bad, it's just been disappointing for me. I feel the pacing for most of the shows and movies have been off

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm shocked at how much I enjoyed Ms Marvel. I usually am not a fan of teeny boppy shows. The next on I'm watching next that's a teeny boppy Superhero show is Star Girl

Star Girl is one of the few really good DC TV shows that also includes Superman & Lois, Peacemaker, and Doom Patrol. It's not like the CW crap. It's about a JSA character and the show is done by the biggest JSA fanboy on the planet Geoff Johns. Just don't talk about enjoying it on social media or the Johns connection will trigger some psychopaths to want to kill you.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm shocked at how much I enjoyed Ms Marvel. I usually am not a fan of teeny boppy shows. The next show I'm watching that's a teeny boppy Superhero show is Star Girl

This Phase hasn't been bad, it's just been disappointing for me. I feel the pacing for most of the shows and movies have been off

Stargirl has actually been a good show. Not too dissimilar from Ms. Marvel in that the family element is important. Thankfully no multiverse crossover (even though I love the multiverse) and it focuses on just the characters in the show.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Don't you insult my type! They provide the best sex!
honey boo boo love GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Star Girl is one of the few really good DC TV shows that also includes Superman & Lois, Peacemaker, and Doom Patrol. It's not like the CW crap. It's about a JSA character and the show is done by the biggest JSA fanboy on the planet Geoff Johns. Just don't talk about enjoying it on social media or the Johns connection will trigger some psychopaths to want to kill you.

Superman & Lois- Sons annoyed me. Couldn't watch it and I watched around 13 episodes

Peacemaker- I'm not a fan of James Gunn and found his Suicide Squad movie horrible. Not to mention that I'm really not a fan of Guardians stuff. I thought the first Guardians to be terrible. The second Guardian was good which is surprising. As for Peacemaker, I watched it and thought the show was OK. I do like opening song that plays every episode though. I finished it and I'm lukewarm on it. I didn't hate it but I didn't particularly like it either

Doom Patrol- Now this is a show I wanted to love but personally can't stand that character Pretentious Feminazi Jane. I love Branden Fraiser and I'm happy he's back into acting. I did 2 seasons of this until I NOPED out

I'm still extremely salty they canceled Swamp Thing and Krypton. Those are my favorite DC shows

Stargirl has actually been a good show. Not too dissimilar from Ms. Marvel in that the family element is important. Thankfully no multiverse crossover (even though I love the multiverse) and it focuses on just the characters in the show.

Yeah I'll eventually check it out soon. I will try to start Season one later today. I need to keep my schedule clear for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though :p

ManaByte

Gold Member
Superman & Lois- Sons annoyed me. Couldn't watch it and I watched around 13 episodes

I loved the first season of Superman & Lois, but haven't had time to watch more than one or two episodes of the second but it's still good.

I loved the Luthor twist in Season One.

They baited OutrageTubers into making videos screaming about how this "woke" Superman movie made Lex Luthor black, just for the show to make them look like the idiots they are when he was really John Henry Irons.

I loved the first season of Superman & Lois, but haven't had time to watch more than one or two episodes of the second but it's still good.

I loved the Luthor twist in Season One.

They baited OutrageTubers into making videos screaming about how this "woke" Superman movie made Lex Luthor black, just for the show to make them look like the idiots they are when he was really John Henry Irons.

Yeah for me race swaping and gender swaping doesn't bother me. What bothers me is just when shows and movies start to become preachy. I can't stand Far Left shows and movies but I'm fine with Left leaning shows. The whole thing with Lex Luthor being black didn't bother me. But I didn't like the Sons and found them Unbearable. I'm Thinking of going back and just watching the rest of the show though

Last edited:

sol_bad

who did I shit on?

I mean you basically shit on me. It doesn't interest you, that's fine.
Some people love to know about celebrities and their personal lives, and what they say on Twitter. I don't give a shit about any of that so I get you.
But I like to know about the behind the scenes of movies and shows I like. And seeing and listening to Iman's perspective as a follow MCU fanatic is fascinating.

Maybe spend your time on things you like rather than shitting on other peoples love.

Some people love to know about celebrities and their personal lives, and what they say on Twitter. I don't give a shit about any of that so I get you.
But I like to know about the behind the scenes of movies and shows I like. And seeing and listening to Iman's perspective as a follow MCU fanatic is fascinating.

Maybe spend your time on things you like rather than shitting on other peoples love.

How soft are you?

Jesus dude

Doom85

The Orphanage part with the children in bathroom shrieking sorry still lives Rent free in my head lol. I think that was the second season of the show

I need to rewatch it all sometime. I remember Season 1 far better because Geneon released Season 1 on DVD in the US but then they went out of business, and it wasn’t until quite a few years later that another licensor, SentaI, got the rights and released all the seasons on Blu-Ray. So I watched Season 1 quite a few times during that time while hoping for someone to get the rights which thankfully they did. I know fansubs existed but even back then I tried not to use those personally.

But yeah, I got SUPER into Season 1 when I first saw it. In addition to the DVD, I got a bunch of the manga volumes, the visual novel CDs, the soundtrack CD, figures of Rena and Mion wearing the cafe uniforms and Rika in a white dress (and just got a newly released figure of Rena in her classic outfit), and a framed poster of the following image of the girls at the cotton festival:

HzGQP4K.jpg

Anyway, we’re getting so off topic, LOL, just wanted to gush about Higurashi a bit. Yeah, definitely need to do a rewatch. Also need to watch the season that aired two years ago or so, I heard most didn’t like it but I’d like to see for myself.

Ionian

Some dipshit removed it.

Was this - it is Mark Ronson -Uptownfunk.

Harmless link as is public,

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Finished the series this week. In terms of quality that was the most movie like series so far. Well told, great use of effects, smooth editing, and full characters all around. Lots to develop more story.
Using The Partition as a backdrop and catalyst added a different turmoil to draw from, reminded a bit of Magneto and WWII in first X-men.

Felt pumped after, like end of Ghostbusters first time I watched pumped.

The music was incredible too. Deft and careful touch that was relatable to the scenes. Rewatching Moon Knight with its superficial music right after makes it even more apparent how much better the effort is in Ms. Marvel.

bitbydeath

I watched it a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. Much better than I was expecting, probably even close to Marvel’s best series. (WandaVision is still #1 for me)
The humour and family antics were all on point, which makes me a lot more interested in the upcoming Marvels movie, hopefully that doesn’t drop the ball.

sol_bad

Finished the series this week. In terms of quality that was the most movie like series so far. Well told, great use of effects, smooth editing, and full characters all around. Lots to develop more story.
Using The Partition as a backdrop and catalyst added a different turmoil to draw from, reminded a bit of Magneto and WWII in first X-men.

Felt pumped after, like end of Ghostbusters first time I watched pumped.

The music was incredible too. Deft and careful touch that was relatable to the scenes. Rewatching Moon Knight with its superficial music right after makes it even more apparent how much better the effort is in Ms. Marvel.

I loved the whole partition aspect as I knew absolutely nothing about it. So the shoe taught me a little bit about history as well.

RAÏSanÏa

I loved the whole partition aspect as I knew absolutely nothing about it. So the shoe taught me a little bit about history as well.
I knew very little about it, too. It wasn't something covered in school here, at all. That it was educational and opened that up adds even more value to this show.

Top Bottom