• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS/Xbox Earnings Call for Q1 2022 (Calendar Year)

Hezekiah

Banned
Again, who cares about VGChartz? You seem to have some obsession with them.
I mentioned them, and now you keep going on and on about it.

You just seem real triggered for somebody who 'couldn't care less what people think about VGChartz' 😅😅😅

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mentioned them, and now you keep going on and on about it.

You just seem real triggered for somebody who 'couldn't care less what people think about VGCghartz' 😅😅😅

Y'all keep bringing the name back that's why people say they don't care about it or want to discuss it but then you say "see you're getting annoyed about VGChartz gotcha bitch ! "

Let's stop bringing in vgchartz in this topic as this news has nothing to do with them and all the data is straight out of the CEO of MS, which I think we can all say is a reliable source.

Hezekiah

Banned
Y'all keep bringing the name back that's why people say they don't care about it or want to discuss it but then you say "see you're getting annoyed about VGChartz gotcha bitch ! "

Let's stop bringing in vgchartz in this topic as this news has nothing to do with them and all the data is straight out of the CEO of MS, which I think we can all say is a reliable source.
He says he doesn't care about it, yet is constantly questioning me about it.

This is a public forum. Unfortunately you and the other guy don't set the rules.

No 'gotcha bitch', just setting out how things work here.

Infamy v1

Asking a legitimate question = getting mad according to the Xboys 💩

Yeah I'm surprised, in part because I haven't seen it stated anywhere that they will only update GamePass numbers in the month of January. Is that simple enough for you?

Btw VGChartz is a banned source, and Greenberg referring to it when his own company doesn't release number themselves...well if I need to explain this to you you're even more lost than your post suggests 😁

You're not asking a legitimate question, You're just extremely transparent about being salty over the mega success that Xbox has been having.

So they announce XGP numbers two years in a row at the same time, but a few months after the last reveal they need to announce new numbers to appease a few rabid fanboys on the internet? Where on the flipside their shareholders and CEO are extremely happy? Your opinions are irrelevant.

The bad news for you and the handful of usual suspects frothing out the mouth at Xbox breaking records and being successful is that you haven't even seen anything yet. They did this without any 1P games with a supply constrained XSX. Xbox:

- Still hasn't had the XGS games that have been in the works start releasing, and at the cadence planned (Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, Forza reboot, Gears, etc.)

- Still haven't had Bethesda games make an impact (you'll finally see it beginning with Redfall and Starfield as Deathloop and GhostwireTokyo were moneyhats by Sony and therefore won't have a significant impact when they come to Xbox). This doesn't take into account DoomNext, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls 6, the Fallout/TES remasters and over a dozen other unannounced games we know are being worked on.

- ABK has yet to be fully acquired, of which we won't start seeing the impact until 2024 and its going to be insanely massive

- Series X is still supply constrained so people are having to opt for the little bro if they don't want to wait; imagine when it's regularly in stocks and especially bundled with games from the above

- Xbox is still looking for acquisitions as evidenced by their recent job listing and by Phil and Satya themselves.

- Due to all the above, Xbox Game Pass is going to continue to grow and prosper

So, uh, good luck and keep fighting (and failing) the good fight.

Vognerful

Just so you know , Hezekiah Hezekiah and @SOULZBOURNE are aware they lost the argument and trolling intentionally to rile a reaction from you. It is better to leave them be.

Edit: But I am more disappointed with how mods are allowing them to turn threads into this in general.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
You're not asking a legitimate question, You're just extremely transparent about being salty over the mega success that Xbox has been having.
😁

Basically you've written a wall of text because I was expecting a subscription numbers update. Amazing how sensitive a small group of people are.

Infamy v1

Just so you know , Hezekiah Hezekiah and @SOULZBOURNE are aware they lost the argument and trolling intentionally to rile a reaction from you. It is better to leave them be.

That's what they do. When the FUD and faux concern doesn't work, they double down on trolling. Take a shot every time you're told an (extremely biased, childish and obviously one-sided) opinion is a fact and you'll be drunk before you know it.

😁

Basically you've written a wall of text because I was expecting a subscription numbers update. Amazing how sensitive a small group of people are.

Or my favorite, throwing out emojis while saying you wrote a wall of text because they have no way to spin what you said. Last week I got told my three sentences was a wall of text by the same group of fanboys, lmao.

Meanwhile they leave like reactions to Yurinkas delusional whole ass essays on a regular basis.

Vognerful

Lost a argument with facts in your face?
Discussing is trolling now?
Wow
don't worry, I arranged nice room for you both to jerk off

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

Hezekiah

Banned
That's what they do. When the FUD and faux concern doesn't work, they double down on trolling. Take a shot every time you're told an (extremely biased, childish and obviously one-sided) opinion is a fact and you'll be drunk before you know it.

Or my favorite, throwing out emojis while saying you wrote a wall of text because they have no way to spin what you said. Last week I got told my three sentences was a wall of text by the same group of fanboys, lmao.

Meanwhile they leave like reactions to Yurinkas delusional whole ass essays on a regular basis.
Yurinka is actually a good poster. You just have a meltdown when you cant answer a question, or somebody doesn't have the same viewpoint as you 🤯

You are dumb lol. Real dumb. Nothing you're saying makes any sense.
Definitely not bothered about VGChartz 😄

Last edited:

Vognerful

weo1zDI.jpg

Summary
- Gaming revenue up 6%
- Xbox Content and Services up 4% (6% CC)
- Third Party Game sales declined unknown amount but made up for by first party sales and GP subscriptions
- Xbox Hardware up 14% (16% CC)

Will add more info as it comes in cause its kinda boring at the moment..

Sources:

What are the biggest 3rd party games that hot the console during this period? CoD Vangaurd? Elden Ring? Dying light 2?

what else?

Hezekiah

Banned
Well you are not getting subscription numbers no matter how much you whine, cry and troll in this tread so why don't you just shoo troll.
Asking a simple question is defined whining, crying and trolling.

Damn your sensitive, maybe you should see a psychotherapist.

Infamy v1

Yurinka is actually a good poster. You just have a meltdown when you cant answer a question, or somebody doesn't have the same viewpoint as you 🤯
Shutting you down with facts =/= having a meltdown. You even relented and resorted to random witty responses because you have fuck all to respond with.

The fact that you call Yurinka a "good poster" when he is constantly mocked for having meltdowns unrelated to the post he replies to, while having literal wall o' texts, shows you're just about as transparent as glass. We all know why you love his posts. BTW, in this very thread you get upset at people who don't share your BS viewpoints, so not sure why you're using that retort against anybody.

Hezekiah

Banned
Damn dude, you still going at it? 😂 Give it a rest man. If you want to have a legitimate conversation, so be it but this isn't it. This is stuff children do, or people that don't have a job or a life. With that said, back to mine. ✌️
People keep making stupid retorts, and complaining about trolling. And you've got the nerve to come at me.

I get it. Nobody in your little world is allowed to saying anything other than 'MS is amazing'. Anything deeper is not allowed. A nice little echo chamber you've got going on.
Shutting you down with facts =/= having a meltdown. You even relented and resorted to random witty responses because you have fuck all to respond with.

The fact that you call Yurinka a "good poster" when he is constantly mocked for having meltdowns unrelated to the post he replies to, while having literal wall o' texts, shows you're just about as transparent as glass. We all know why you love his posts. BTW, in this very thread you get upset at people who don't share your BS viewpoints, so not sure why you're using that retort against anybody.
Lol I literally asked how the original person is able to quantity their statement when there are no numbers, and I expressed surprise their wasn't a GamePass update.

That's what you are getting triggered about. You went off on a tangent talking about future games coming to GamePass, and acquisitions 😁. Basically anything to deflect.

You've basically ran around in circles unable to address the point

People keep making stupid retorts, and complaining about trolling. And you've got the nerve to come at me.

I get it. Nobody in your little world is allowed to saying anything other than 'MS is amazing'. Anything deeper is not allowed. A nice little echo chamber you've got going on.

Lol I literally asked how the original person is able to quantity their statement when there are no numbers, and I expressed surprise their wasn't a GamePass update.

That's what you are getting triggered about. You went off on a tangent talking about future games coming to GamePass, and acquisitions 😁. Basically anything to deflect.

What do you have on the topic? Thoughts of the details MS posted in their earning call? Seems like they are pretty successful right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sony was at 17.3 in december

Yeah but seemingly they've been a lot more supply constrained in Q1 compared to Xbox.

Their next earning report will be interesting to see how many they managed to make/sell these last couple of months.

At the very least we can be sure there's very little chance of a PS4 - Xbox One style one sided bloodbath.

Last edited:

Infamy v1

Why are you lying on a forum where everyone can scroll up? I addressed your FUD with this quote in my first post here:

Seems their investors and biggest company leadership are more than happy which is all that matters regarding numbers. And lol @ getting salty about Greenburg doing what he always does on Twitter. At this point if that still makes you mad then I say it's working as intended.

Didn't they announce numbers the past two January's? You're concerned surprised they didn't release numbers in April?

You're the one running in circles here. From the start you seem very intimidated by this amazing Xbox news and start randomly calling people "Xboys." You're the last one who should talk about deflection.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Seems their investors and biggest company leadership are more than happy which is all that matters regarding numbers.
Lol no wonder you don't want it discussed any further if that's your best answer 😄

Last edited:

Infamy v1

Lol no wonder you don't want it discussed any further if that's your best answer 😄
My best answer? I'm throwing actual facts in the face of your fanboy FUD.

Top Xbox execs including the CEO of Microsoft are praising Xbox this generation and quadrupling down on going all in on gaming.

Shareholders are obviously unaffected by the lack of Game Pass subscriber updates as Microsofts stock is doing amazing. In reality, something you fail to understand, if shareholders were worried or concerned about recent numbers or lack thereof, stock takes a hit.

So yeah, that's my best answer, versus absolute FUD/bullshit biased opinions. These are facts. You being extremely angry about lack of numbers, Aaron Greenburg and constantly mentioning VGchartzzzz are emotionally guided opinions. Next?

Hezekiah

Banned
My best answer? I'm throwing actual facts in the face of your fanboy FUD.

Top Xbox execs including the CEO of Microsoft are praising Xbox this generation and quadrupling down on going all in on gaming.

Shareholders are obviously unaffected by the lack of Game Pass subscriber updates as Microsofts stock is doing amazing. In reality, something you fail to understand, if shareholders were worried or concerned about recent numbers or lack thereof, stock takes a hit.

So yeah, that's my best answer, versus absolute FUD/bullshit biased opinions. These are facts. You being extremely angry about lack of numbers, Aaron Greenburg and constantly mentioning VGchartzzzz are emotionally guided opinions. Next?
You've got no numbers, ergo you've got no real argument. Just guesstimates, and a bunch of waffle because you get triggered by anybody in a thread about MS who doesn't sit there like you and clap like a retarded seal.

Infamy v1

You've got no numbers, ergo you've got no real argument. Just guesstimates, and a bunch of waffle because you get triggered by anybody in a thread about MS who doesn't sit there like you and clap like a retarded seal.
Your arguments and retorts are so hilariously bad and cringeworthy, lmao. Numbers? What? This is why the other poster said you have zero arguments and have resorted to plain trolling. You can't argue with facts, so you just troll with word vomit nonsense and ad hominems. You can't dispute what I say so you regurgitate irrelevant information while completely ignoring my points.

Thanks for conceding. 😉

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nice attempt at derails by anti-MS trolls.

Let's get back on topic. MS just made $16.7B profit in one quarter and with it growing might hit $70B over a year.

T2 has a market cap of $14B and UBI is $8B (from last time I remember). That's $22B. Add a premium to each and MS could spend around $30B and add these two publishers to MS Studios.

GTA
RDR
NBA2K

AC
Various UBI shooters including RS
Just Dance
Far Cry

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Realistically I'm not expecting MS to make any more big acquisitions until the Activision one closes.
Agreed.

If markets hold or drop even more T2 looks tempting. It's down 40% from it's high in Dec 2020 and a PE of 26 seems pretty good for a tech company. T2 makes good profits. And the second GTA6 rolls around in a couple years the jump will be huge. Right now they are just coasting on GTAV, GTA Online and NBA.

Top Bottom