• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS/Xbox Earnings Call for Q1 2022 (Calendar Year)

Hezekiah

Banned
Your arguments and retorts are so hilariously bad and cringeworthy, lmao. Numbers? What? This is why the other poster said you have zero arguments and have resorted to plain trolling. You can't argue with facts, so you just troll with word vomit nonsense and ad hominems. You can't dispute what I say so you regurgitate irrelevant information while completely ignoring my points.

Thanks for conceding. 😉
You're repeating the same thing over and over.

You still cant answer the question properly, instead just typing any old rubbish, rambling on about trolling again. Anybody who gets that triggered by somebody mentioning that you can't quantify some of the statements made by a couple of posters without actual numbers has to be a paid astroturfer or...just really thick 😁

Bo_Hazem

Banned
We Did It Yes GIF

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

You know that this is the same shit we've been dealing with since forever. Revenue alone doesn't mean jackshit without net profit/expenses. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, it's an exhausted subject so not interested in discussing this "vague" earning thread.

Welfare

I think that napkin math needs to be re-done

Also, that john welfare guy is incredibly biased so I’ll take his “estimates” with a huge grain of salt
🤨

I'd love to see how I'm biased about these sales.

If you see my posts over there then you are capable of responding there. If you find issues with what I'm posting, tell me and I could explain my thought process?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Deserved success.

I bought a One X last generation, and it was fucking hopeless. Ended up gathering dust before I sold it onto some other poor schmuck. Sony comprehensively wiped the floor with Microsoft last gen.

This time around though, I picked up a Series X, and the experience is fundamentally different with GamePass in place.

Very much feel like the two systems are on a par with one another... both exhibit faults, but both have a lot of value to them. This generation should be very interesting... you know... once it actually starts properly.

JLB

Banned
They got the money. $16.7B prorated into a full year is almost $70B. It actually will be as MS is still growing profits every year.

Activision is done (the big one). Next biggest are EA at $35B and T2 at $16B. Not sure who is after them but I remember someone saying UBI was around $8B.

If I was MS, I'd go after T2. EA isn't worth it as their main focus is sports games which are probably all mandated to be multiplatform. And the BF franchise has tanked lately. UBI is much cheaper but so many of their games seem so similar (open world or shooter with an assault rifle).

Japanese studios would be a good diversion, but people say Japanese companies cant be bought out by foreign companies so that cuts them out.

Fifa is the biggest moneymaker in the galaxy, profiting on the big ps userbase through it seems like a nobrainer.

MonarchJT

Banned
You know that this is the same shit we've been dealing with since forever. Revenue alone doesn't mean jackshit without net profit/expenses. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, it's an exhausted subject so not interested in discussing this "vague" earning thread.
with the investments made by Ms in the last two years it is clear as sunlight that there will be no profit....but Xbox is not a company in itself and Ms with Nadella knew very well what it means to invest 75+ b ... luckily for them the money spent by Xbox can easily be recovered by other divisions and they leave Microsoft incredible assets (Bethesda and Activision bliz). From the revenue it is possible to understand the growth of the division and they can calculate future earnings. Ms with those investments highlighted the fact that is in the gaming world to stay and now for the first time with all the support of the company. The ground gained by Ms compared to the last generation it is incredible and if they are more or less at 15 vs 19.5 this gen has nothing to do with ps4 vs xbo

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned

You still cant answer the question properly, instead just typing any old rubbish, rambling on about trolling again. Anybody who gets that triggered by somebody mentioning that you can't quantify some of the statements made by a couple of posters without actual numbers has to be a paid astroturfer or...just really thick 😁
stop trolling Xbox thread

Infamy v1

The guy that has been replied to and mocked for repeating that MS is hiding numbers and "but VGchartzzz!" is telling me I'm repeating the same thing over and over? LOL. Yeah, I'll keep repeating you got verbally slapped with facts and could not find a way to spin shit and thus resorted to what we see before us now.

Also rich of you to talk about astroturfing when your post history looks like just that, except worse because you're not getting paid to shill.

Hezekiah

Banned
The guy that has been replied to and mocked for repeating that MS is hiding numbers and "but VGchartzzz!" is telling me I'm repeating the same thing over and over? LOL. Yeah, I'll keep repeating you got verbally slapped with facts and could not find a way to spin shit and thus resorted to what we see before us now.

Also rich of you to talk about astroturfing when your post history looks like just that, except worse because you're not getting paid to shill.
'Verbally slapped'.

Are you 12 years old?

Even explaining the very basics is very difficult when dealing with someone with a single digit IQ score. 'The gap is closing quickly because MS investors are happy with the way things are going' and 'GamePass is amazing, and more acquisitions are coming' - that's the crux of your argument lol.

Last edited:

Infamy v1

'Verbally slapped'.

Are you 12 years old?

Even explaining the very basics is very difficult when dealing with someone with a single digit IQ score. 'The gap is closing quickly because MS investors are happy with the way things are going' and 'GamePass is amazing, and more acquisitions are coming' - that's the crux of your argument lol.

Calls people "retarded walruses" and "Xboys" in this very thread, then turns around and asks someone if they're 12 years old. The continued lack of self-awareness is reaching pathetic levels, lmao.

Stop lying. Again, anyone can scroll up and see you debunk yourself. You have nothing to respond with so you go in circles and repeat yourself ad neasum while ignoring main talking points, sprinkling insults here and there.

Again, things are only getting started so this seething hatred you have is only going to make things worse for you.
Huh, turns out the actual number is higher than VGC's estimate.

Good shit.

In before someone says Satya is also lying and/or referencing VGChartz

:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Interesting turn of events, lmao. Watch these unpaid shills ignore this, though. 😂

Hezekiah

Banned
Calls people "retarded walruses" and "Xboys" in this very thread, then turns around and asks someone if they're 12 years old. The continued lack of self-awareness is reaching pathetic levels, lmao.

Stop lying. Again, anyone can scroll up and see you debunk yourself. You have nothing to respond with so you go in circles and repeat yourself ad neasum while ignoring main talking points, sprinkling insults here and there.

Again, things are only getting started so this seething hatred you have is only going to make things worse for you.

Interesting turn of events, lmao. Watch these unpaid shills ignore this, though. 😂
Retarded seals 😁

You have nothing to respond with because up till now your responses amount to little more than 'I love everything Xbox and it's doing amazing!'. Basically no deeper thought or context because you want to exist in an echo chamber.

Anything else exposes how much of a fragile mess you are 😅.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
just report the troll and go ahead I'm doing with every post of him

so Satya Nadella very happy on how the things going ? this sound very good for the division

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Deserved success.

I bought a One X last generation, and it was fucking hopeless. Ended up gathering dust before I sold it onto some other poor schmuck. Sony comprehensively wiped the floor with Microsoft last gen.

This time around though, I picked up a Series X, and the experience is fundamentally different with GamePass in place.

Very much feel like the two systems are on a par with one another... both exhibit faults, but both have a lot of value to them. This generation should be very interesting... you know... once it actually starts properly.
Best post in the thread

DaGwaphics

Microsoft wants to all of a sudden start talking about earnings again. Wonder what's changed?

Confused Thinking GIF

I think they've been talking about their earnings on these "earnings calls" every quarter since forever. :messenger_beaming:

Don't think they put any more emphasis on the gaming division this time than usual, though I can understand why that is the focus here (of course).

Top Bottom